Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score available with Premium Subscription

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm extremely disappointed how Fitbit have decided to lock away user's own sleep data behind a Paywall subscription. 

Subscription for: 

* Audio & Video Workouts

* Guided Programs

I totally understand because they're added features to enhance/supplement the tracker but

* Premium Insights

So I can see my sleeping heart rate, my own data from the tracker, is pretty rude.

I bought the tracker specifically for sleep data and there was nothing in the website to indicate that it is or will be accessible behind a paid subscription fee @ $14.99/month AUD...

Screenshot_20190714_100524_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190714_101349_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

I came to chime in that prior to this 'premium' I could see heart rate throughout the night. Now its behind a paywall. How do I revert my version back to one that allows this again? Also, goodbye fitbit when my watch dies. Onto another that doesn't paywall data that I was able to retrieve prior to creating a paywall.

Best Answer

Hi all!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback you have been providing around Sleep Score and Fitbit Premium. I can assure that our team is reviewing this feedback as we continue to improve the Premium experience. 

I do want to reiterate that no previously existing Fitbit features have been moved behind a Premium paywall. Everything that was previously available to you for free will continue to be available for free, and Fitbit will continue to add new free features.

If you have any additional questions regarding Fitbit Premium and its feature set, I highly recommend checking out our Premium FAQ Guide. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

@ufsandcastler @Matt_F I did a little digging, and I can confirm that a small number of users were able to view some Premium features as a preview. This is likely why you saw 'Sleeping Heart Rate' in your app. I apologize for any confusion. Please update to the latest version of the Fitbit App if you are interested in purchasing Fitbit Premium.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Heart rate is there in same place as always,the heart rate tile. It shows you all 24 hours from midnight to midnight in 5 min increments. So you can see heart rate throughout night.

I believe the sleeping heart rate is just this same info but from asleep time to wake time and in 1 min increments. So a bit more detailed.

Can someone with premium confirm? What exactly are the premium sleeping stats telling you that you can't figure out in STD app? 

Best Answer

ah valid point, i see it on the app now. SO in theory you can see it here. I do recall (at least thought it was possible) to see heart rate in the sleep section. 

Best Answer

@ufsandcastler Very likely you remember correctly as per post by @MattFitbit above and in particular this part

"@ufsandcastler @Matt_F I did a little digging, and I can confirm that a small number of users were able to view some Premium features as a preview. This is likely why you saw 'Sleeping Heart Rate' in your app. I apologize for any confusion. Please update to the latest version of the Fitbit App if you are interested in purchasing Fitbit Premium."

Best Answer

What a rip off.  Sleep Score and data should not be licked for premium subscribers.  Everyone has a hand in our pockets these days.  Very disappointed in Fitbit's decision on this one.  Ripoff.  

Best Answer

Hey @JillyPBean@ufsandcastler@SteverinoLA and @Giampi71, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I am sorry for the delay in respond. As recommended previously, if you have any questions regarding Fitbit Premium and its feature set, I suggest checking out our Premium FAQ Guide. You can also check the help article: What should I know about Fitbit Premium?.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Here one thing I can't figure out from searching forum -- what do I get out of the SpO2 sensor in my Charge 3 if I don't pay for premium?  I have to pay to see my Revitalization score which I believe incorporates SpO2 readings (right??) but will the Fitbit app tell me about any SpO2 breathing disturbances w/o Premium?  

Best Answer

Yeah pretty annoyed that a hardware feature that was sold with the watch before premium launched was never made available and now is likely locked behind a paywall.

The responses from moderators are missing the point 🙄.

But whatever left my Amazon review and will just move to another smart watch brand and encourage others to do the same.   A subscription for a watch is laughable.  Especially at that ridiculous price point.  

Best Answer

I have Fitbit Charge 3 and Premium. My sleep setting is “normal” in the dashboard. The last two nights I am getting two sleep scores and two report lines with details. I think my sleep scores are low because split. Can you post the rubric that tells us what it takes to score for time asleep(units up to 50)/restoration(units up to 25)/and amts in REM/DEEP(units up to score 25)? I can add up my two segments to get a correct score for each category then get the true final score. Or—let tech know this is happening and might be related to OS13 upgrade???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had a Fitbit for at least a year and a half, and have ALWAYS had free access to sleeping heart rate until this update.  Are you saying I was seeing the ‘premium preview’ this whole time?

Best Answer

Hi - I am uncertain why today (10/20/19) I can no longer see my sleep duration or sleep score for my Charge 2 without joining Fitbit Premium??  What is going on?  The ability to see my sleep duration and stages of sleep was a primary factor in my decision to purchase the device - it was encouraged by my physician as a way to track my sleep.  I have tried resets, updating with the latest 3.7 v of the app, even restarted my iPhone and charge 2 to no avail.  All other notifications are functioning without any issue. 

I am unclear whether basic sleep tracking is now a premium service despite your post that "no previously existing Fitbit features have been moved behind a Premium paywall"...because when I sync my device - the message that appears when I attempt to view sleep details is a "locked" symbol next to "sleep score details"

So - is basic sleep tracking now a premium service?  This seems unfair....

Best Answer

This is a product people pay hundreds of dollars for. Coaching and exercise routines definitely are worth the cost of subscribing, but most of us just want the sleep features we purchased the device for. And yes, you are taking features away because many people have posted screenshots of the data dissapearing after updating past 2.95. This is such a weak cash grab, and I will be returning my Fitbit because of it. What's the point of buying your products if you're going to paywall the features we paid for when we bought it. 

Best Answer

@Riley513 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Great to see your interest in Fitbit Premium. 

I do think it's important to note that no previously existing Fitbit features have been moved behind a Premium paywall. Everything that was previously available to you for free will continue to be available for free, and Fitbit will continue to add new free features.

If you have any additional questions regarding Fitbit Premium and its feature set, I highly recommend checking out our Premium FAQ Guide. Hopefully, you find this helpful, feel free to let me know if you have additional questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Matt, thanks for the copy-pasted response. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that its not exactly good customer service to lock hardware features behind a paywall, when that makes no sense. If I buy a house, I buy the house, not each room at a time with a monthly subscription to my living room. 

Best Answer

Add me to the list of users who will not be buying another fitbit... Really, anymore the sleep statistics are the only thing compelling about the fitbit.

Even more troubling is that you are now owned by Google... I hear the fat lady warming up her vocals... time to go...

Best Answer

Hi! I’ve subscribed to Fitbit Premium and could see my sleep score and stages. However, I don’t see the Restoration score or details on that. Please advise me on that. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I was considering upgrading my wifes fitbit and my fitbit to one of the bigger models and giving ours to her parents.  Really the only thing I care about is the sleep stats.  What device are you considering instead?

Best Answer
I have fitbit charger 3 and love it-I do get sleepstats, but I would like to see the metrics in each of the three categories revealing what gets (earns) scores. For example, someties I have 7:37 sleep hours but only get 32/50 for a score and other times for same or close (say 7:46) I get 42/50. What does it take to get 35/50; 40/50; 45/50; 50/50?? and so forth...

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If I am going to be paying for Premium features, I personally will move to something more advanced and not under Google's control, such as whoop (whoop.com). I'm really unhappy with the changes to FitBit over the last few months. The iOS app is terrible, the notifications are broken (or calendar notifications spam me all day long when they shouldn't), constant reminders in the app that I am not a premium customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes