Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

HOW TO RESET

Best Answer

Your fitbit should reset steps, miles, calories and active minutes to zero at midnight each day. Is yours not doing this?

Best Answer
thank you

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will my fitbit automatically change to one hour ahead at midnight

at Daylight savings time

Tziona
Best Answer

what about the heart rate graph? Looking at today's on my app it shows a space in between which i expected but at the time it shows that it picked back up at is 4 am and I know it was not a two hour spring forward. It jumped from 1:55 am to 4:00 am also i have a charge 2. everything else works fine.

Best Answer

When I try to log my sleep from last night manually it just says I can't enter a future date.  It wants sleep data for 3/10 but it already has sleep data for 3/10 and won't accept a new entry.  Any advice?

Best Answer

Phone restarted, app updated, re synced 3 times ...still has wrong time.

Best Answer

I waited a few minutes and tried the exact same I tried before and it worked this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see once again Fitbit says to expect glitches today. Offered advice to reset and sync (duh) or to turn off alarms and features. 

I woke up reset my phone and Fitbit Blaze and did a sync three times and indeed sleep and reminder to move times are still off. Just like last daylight savings. Just disappointed I think this is my 3rd or 4th time going through this. I get it’s usually fixed by the next day but with something that happens every year and twice a year you’d think they’d prepare and have it right before it happens by now. 😒

Best Answer

I’ve tried everything you’ve suggested with my sleep log. The time is still indicating I’ve slept an hour longer than I should’ve. My time is synced, but my log is inaccurate. I cannot seem to manually change the time. Any assistance further would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

Mine jumped ahead 2 hours also, from 2:00 am to 4:00 am.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I’m using iOS and I cannot locate the three dots that it says in the instructions to edit the sleeptime

Best Answer

All my settings related to time are an hour ahead,but the Fitbit app is showing the correct time.  I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting suggestions. It will not save any changes I make to any of the settings.  For example the reminder to move setting was set for 10-1700.

it now shows 11-1800 and it won’t save if I try to change it. 

Best Answer

Its 8:43am and my sleep log says I slept till 9:06am. My sleep goals are off by an hour. My reminders to move are off by an hour and won’t let me reset it. This happens both spring and fall with daylight savings time. I set my Flex 2 to all day sync. I shut my phone off and turned it back on. Everything is still off by an hour. 

Best Answer

I got an extra numerical hour even though I lost an hour. Sometimes pure math is wrong. 

Best Answer

Sleep log says slept until one hour later, even after factoring in the time change. 1 hour gap in the HR tracking. Seriously Fitbit, you had issues last year and did not fix them in a year? How much confidence can we have in the other features if a simple software bug cannot be fixed after such a long time? 

Best Answer

My app is all messed up. It changed my hourly activity times and I cannot reset it. I keep setting it to the times I want to have my steps tracked and it keeps changing them to some random timeframe. Will this be fixed soon?  It also had me waking up after 7 and I was up at 6:30. I have restarted my iPhone and synced a few times this morning. No change. 

Best Answer

When I woke up my fitbit showed 9:22 (it should have stayed at 5:22 or adjusted to 6:22).  I synced and the correct time displayed but the stats (steps, stars, miles, etc.) are incorrect. It saved yesterdays stats/data accurately but seems to have duplicated those over to today and is just adding on.  

Best Answer

Followed the instructions listed above, but app still isn’t working. Fitbit shows the correct time, but I cannot reset any of the times in the sleep log (time asleep / time to wake etc). 

Best Answer