Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

My Alta HR is not showing that I slept last night. The time updated properly and I have manually re-synced many times, I have rebooted it as well and re-synced and it still says I did not sleep last night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't work after restarting but was hesitating the next move; which was the  to app,had to redo my  password into the app & Bluetooth needs to be on; if your Fitbit turns of while letting the app update then glance at your Fitbit; online settings what time zone do you have as well? Should have the correct time zone!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem on my Galaxy S8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the computer: Go to the Dashboard and click on the gear and choose settings from the drop down. Scroll down to time zone and change it

Phone: Click on account upper top right looks like an envelope. Scroll down to advanced settings and do the same as above

Device will need to sync before it changes

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Problem meaning. My steps carried forward from yesterday. 

Best Answer

Hi,

Whenever I set my sleep goal, it doesn’t save and rolls back 1 hour for the bedtime and wake up time.

Please help! This is driving me crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried resynching multiple times, and restarting the app multiple times, but it hasn’t downloaded any sleep data.  I haven’t observed any other problems, but the complete lack of sleep data is aggravating. 

Best Answer

Followed advice posted and time is still off.  Have even restarted my Ionic twice as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is the exact issue I am having. Everything else is syncing fine. I too restarted and synced many times with no luck. I will wait and see what happens tomorrow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbitwrote:

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine's doing this too.

@Newfitkittywrote:

what about the heart rate graph? Looking at today's on my app it shows a space in between which i expected but at the time it shows that it picked back up at is 4 am and I know it was not a two hour spring forward. It jumped from 1:55 am to 4:00 am also i have a charge 2. everything else works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I did (Only because I tried everything else. on the fitbit app under account go to advance settings and turn off the use network provided time and then change to a different time zone that is matched to your current time (and don't switch the automatic time zone back on.) and leave the advance settings and go back to your dashboard thing and have it sync again. That is what worked for me.
@gmpugwrote:

Mine's doing this too.

@Newfitkittywrote:

what about the heart rate graph? Looking at today's on my app it shows a space in between which i expected but at the time it shows that it picked back up at is 4 am and I know it was not a two hour spring forward. It jumped from 1:55 am to 4:00 am also i have a charge 2. everything else works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Daylight savings began at 2 am today. 

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try selecting the sleep now button?
@aemir0909wrote:

Hi,

Whenever I set my sleep goal, it doesn’t save and rolls back 1 hour for the bedtime and wake up time.

Please help! This is driving me crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Taye13, thank you for the detailed instructions, I did what you showed and for some reason I can now see the three dots, as where before I did not. It did not give me the option to mark your post as a solution, but you have helped me with my issue. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn't work either.. I've tried several issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 changed to daylight savings time.  In Arizona, we do not change time. 

Best Answer

Followed all instructions & still can’t change time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reason why you can't mark it as a solution is because you didn't start this post.
@GermanyUSA1992wrote:

Taye13, thank you for the detailed instructions, I did what you showed and for some reason I can now see the three dots, as where before I did not. It did not give me the option to mark your post as a solution, but you have helped me with my issue. Thanks again!

Best Answer

Once again, dst seems to have screwed up my phone app.  Online app is doing ok I think.  I got my steps for the 5a.m. hour but my phone app doesn't show anything until 6am

Best Answer