Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

My heart rate time is an hour ahead of where it should be!!!  This makes no sense, since we sprung ahead. The time is fine on my fitbit 2. I tried all the fixes listed here nothing worked. This happens every time change, how can you not have a fix by now!!!!!! This is really bush league. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The time change is a challenge for us all, @janetjo. Have you read Fitbit’s posting on the subject? It’s a good read. Tap here to see it.  

In the meantime, the first thing to try is this:

1. Make sure your smart phone shows the correct time. If it does not, then restart your phone to update the time.
  2. Sync your Fitbit device to your smart phone. 

That should get everything back in sync. 

Best Answer

I don’t know what time zone everyone is on, but here in the UK I didn’t do any resets or anything. Once midnight comes and goes the Fitbit sorts itself out. Same if you’re travelling abroad to a different time zone. Just leave it alone and be prepared for that day to be a bit messed up and as soon as the Fitbit ‘locks on’ to the new time zone via your phone or tablet after midnight it’ll all be back to normal until you change time zones again. 

Best Answer

Mine has done the same thing!!! 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using the Flex 2 and I also cannot adjust my start/stop time for reminders to move.  They used to be set at 6 am thru 6 pm and now they are 7 am to 7 pm and despite multiple attempts and turning off reminders to move, still stuck there.  Pls help.  Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This happens every year in US. You'd think Fitbit could figure it out by now & anticipate the change every spring & fall. It's annoying. They will have it figured out in 24 hours, if the past is any indication. 🙄

Kathleen Hansen-Stine
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It’s now Sunday afternoon, the 11th, and all reminders and data tracking continue to be off an hour. For example, silent reminders are set to between 7am and 4pm. Currently they are showing 8am to 5pm. I’ve ensured the phone has correct time, restarted it.  I have re-synced the Fitbit numerous times, all to no avail. What’s up?  I’ve been thru 3 time changes now and haven’t experienced this trouble before now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone else's 250+ step hour count going crazy? I have done every hour today. On the app it first showed that I missed the first hour, then that I did the first hour but missed the second. A little while ago it showed 4 red dots but said 5 hours complete. Then it synched and showed 4, then 3 hours. Meanwhile the fitbit itself is happily showing 5 hours complete...at least for now. But I haven't been doing anything - I gave up today as a loss and was waiting for tomorrow!

Best Answer

One would think that you would get this right by now. My steps per hour log is off (ahead) by an hour on my phone, yet when I log on the computer it shows correctly. 

You have been around awhile now. How come you guys can't figure this out?

Best Answer

My heart rate is not recording.  The heart rate graph is just like the other posting - 2 hours ahead.  The Fitbit has the correct time but the heart rate graph is 1 hour ahead of the correct time.  There for it seems confused as did not record my heart rate graph in my activity log.  Says not enough data.  However it is in the heart rate log, just with the wrong times.  How do I fix this.  

Best Answer

Did everything and my Blaze is still off by an hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s Fitbit’s problem, not ours. Just as it has been every spring & fall for the last 5 years. As I said, it takes them 24hours to figure out something they should have BUILT IN long, long ago. Come on Fitbit programmers—do your **ahem**ed job. And I do t want to go through this again in November. Please.

Kathleen Hansen-Stine
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Thank you. Extremely frustrating.
Best Answer

In a way, it's comforting to know that Fitbit software is consistant.  Year after year you guys screw up on the Daylight Saving switch.  You do know that this happens twice every year like clockwork.  Do you think, gee it's over for the year.  We'll get right on it before the next time switch.  Golly, we forgot!.  Well. there will be another opportunity to fix it in a few months.  No problem.

Best Answer
Well fourteen hours after the fact the Blaze finally changed to DST. Maybe
the government should do away with DST. It is a costly waste of time.
Best Answer

I have synced since Daylight Saving Time started however, I noticed that my sleep is showing a problem. But my main complaint is about the activity tracker. I cannot get it to go back to the hours that I originally had them. I do have a topic out there about this but figured I would mention it again and add my sleep showing that I went to sleep after 1 AM (12 actually and Daylights Saving starts officially at 2 AM) and then woke up just before 9: 30 AM. There is a huge grey area from well before the wake up time on my app. 

Will these problems correct themselves after the first 24 hours of Daylight Saving Time? If not will you be sending out a fix for what seems to be a bug in the system? By the way, I am on an IOS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After fourteen hours my Blaze finally changed to DST. I Don't know how,
but it just changed to the correct time. There does not appear to be any
more issues with my Blaze. My wife's watch switched over without any
problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Impacting my Charge 2 as well. My HR graph thinks its an hour later than it actually is. Not really too impressed with my Fitbit anymore. HR feature is average at best. Gives me readings that are wildly off almost every other day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

You people have been aware of this since before I first encountered this in November 2016, back then none of your suggestions worked, but it resyncs by Monday, so I just put up with it.   After this amount of time IT or R&D should have figured out how to fix this, guess not.

Best Answer
0 Votes