Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

This is the first time I’ve had this issue, and it’s the third time change I’ve been through. Thank you for mentioning it will reset on Monday. I’ll be in the lookout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

6 pm in Chicago and my time change issue is still not resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding - we know it's frustrating to have some features behave differently than expected. Please check the troubleshooting steps in the first post and make sure you've synced your tracker to a device with the correct time.

We do expect these issues to resolve by tomorrow, at the latest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since yesterday my tracker on the app is not even recognizing today at all for my heart rate tracking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday upgraded to Flex 2.  The app was working fine last night & showed that I had a few hundred steps before bed.  But today it will not sync.  I have tried several times and it is showing all of yesterday's data as today's as well.  Is this because of the time change or some other problem??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 was working fine until DST.  Now it does not record any sleep.  I have synced numerous times today, it still says "How did you sleep?".  I tried logging off and logging back on, and I did "Forget this device" and then re-connected it, still nothing.  It is as if I did not get any sleep last night so nothing is showing up (obviously I did sleep last night).

It is tracking how many hours I met my activity goal.  However, the hours that it is tracking activity are incorrect and it will not let me change the hours.

The goal sleep hours are also not correct, just some random times that it seems to have selected - and again it will not let me change them.

We "spring forward" EVERY YEAR and we "fall back" EVERY YEAR.  It is ridiculous that problems like this are occuring.  I paid too much for my Charge 2 to get service like this.  Please fix this problem ASAP!!

Best Answer

Time on fitbit charge 2 reset correctly but data downloaded to my android phone for steps and calories, etc is one hour ahead,  In effect fitbit sprang forward two hours,  Phone time also is correct,  I have synced several times and the data is still an hour off.

Best Answer

Yes had done all that and installed the firmware update that was supposed to fix this issue. I got off a flight from Singapore last night and my ionic is still stuck to Sing time. Other smart watches manage this issue seamlessly and just work. It isn't encouraging me to stick with the ionic, whose there features are fantastic

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tomorrow it will be fine.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps have been an hour off all day. Phone and app have had the correct time since I first got up this morning in most places. Sleep tracker shows 6am in one view though and 7am if I go into sleep logs (woke up at 7 which my teacher thought was 6). 

I have tried many things to get my steps lined up including: log out of app, restart phone, reset tracker device, force stop app, etc. With each new thing that I try, I sync again. It's the end of the day and my steps are still reporting as an hour in the future. The strangest part about it is that it's "spring forward" so why are my steps counting as 7pm when it's actually 6pm and yesterday at this time it was 5pm? I've been reading through so many of these posts and they all say the same things that do not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, it’s the time change, be patient, it’ll be ok tomorrow. It has for every time change I’ve had since 11/16. Very frustrating that the geniuses at Fitbit can’t figure out a way for this not to happen at each time change.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
That I can’t help you with.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

As long as it sorts itself out at midnight, I'll be happy I suppose LoL just so frustrating! If anything I would think it would be an hour behind since we went ahead. It's almost like they tried to fix it but went an hour too far ahead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, but this has not been fixed since the first one I went through in November 2016.  But the good news is that it will correct itself by tomorrow.  Again, you’d think the geniuses at Fitbit would have figured it out by now.  When I 1st encountered this and asked the community, it was already an established problem....and yet this still not fixed!!

Best Answer
Just wait, it’ll be fine by tomorrow, it always has since I’ve had one, and from what I can tell it’s been like that since Fitbit began.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Then don’t. Every device I’ve ever travelled with has not had a problem with time zone changes the changes are done seamlessly but of course not Fitbit!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

3 years in a row I had to use a old fashioned manual clock so I could get up on time! Ridiculous! Why does it have to change my alarm time and then do it the wrong way???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nah, that happened last time we sprang forward, it does the opposite on fall back. Don’t know it is corrects at precisely midnight, I’ll be asleep, but it will be fine when I get up.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
But I hope the posts tell everything will be fine tomorrow, stop playing with the app nothing will work but time. I wish getting rid of useless notifications was this easy.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 won't sync today after the time change.  The time and date have updated but I have tried to manually sync it and it hasn't all day.  What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes