Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

Our company is in the middle of a Fitbit challenge, Step to Give.  Team 1 has finally updated but their average number of steps is usually high today.  Teams 2 and 3 still no numbers are on the board for anyone.  We've all tried various things to get our numbers sybced from our dashboards to the challenge.  All to no avail.  Now Sunday is almost over and we have nothing for today according to Fitbit.  Will this correct itself or is there something we can do to update our challenge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to connect all the app with the phone and it will...

Best Answer

None of your suggestions worked.

Best Answer

I'm trying to set my alarm right now for 02:10am and it automatically sets it to 03:10 instead. What the heck!?!? I need help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit kinda reminds me how buckeye cable used to be on those spring forwards and fall backs. The shows would still show but the titles were all wrong channel info wise. But unlike fitbit buckeye cable had fixed itself by 6 am the same day. I guess I'll just wait and hope.
@Sugar1924wrote:
Just wait, it’ll be fine by tomorrow, it always has since I’ve had one, and from what I can tell it’s been like that since Fitbit began.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wait, it will be fine by tomorrow, this has occurred after each time change. Don’t do a thing just relax.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
As far as I know it will be updated tomorrow but the data collected or in your case not collected today will not change.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
You’d think... but remember this Fitbit and they can’t figure this out. Thanks to this but if I was thinking about getting an ionic I would not.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please just wait until tomorrow because nothing will work it never has. Just relax and when you wake up tomorrow it will be synced. Today’s dat a will not change.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
If you had set at that time yesterday just leave it will be ok, if not then wait until midnight and it should be fine.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank#, I hope I’m right this time.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, mine also jumped ahead two hours. I restarted my one device and still it was off two hours. All devices are set to the proper daylights saving time including my Altra HR. It changed normally but the widgets are off. I will see if it corrects itself by tomorrow.

Best Answer

@KarolDwrote:

Is anyone else's 250+ step hour count going crazy? I have done every hour today. On the app it first showed that I missed the first hour, then that I did the first hour but missed the second. A little while ago it showed 4 red dots but said 5 hours complete. Then it synched and showed 4, then 3 hours. Meanwhile the fitbit itself is happily showing 5 hours complete...at least for now. But I haven't been doing anything - I gave up today as a loss and was waiting for tomorrow!

My hour changeover was fine, but my steps are not being recorded to the steps per hour box (yet my tracker confirms them).  I just walked, my tracker is saying I've gotten my 250 steps for this hour, but it refuses to put a red dot on my last hour (12AM).  It also refused to record my 4PM and 5PM step totals as well as my 8PM step totals.  That makes no sense.  Yes, I restarted my device. Tracker battery is full.  I don't know how my tracker can chalk up all the steps taken but refuse to acknowledge when they were taken. 😕

Best Answer

@CassieBankswrote:

@KarolDwrote:

Is anyone else's 250+ step hour count going crazy? I have done every hour today. On the app it first showed that I missed the first hour, then that I did the first hour but missed the second. A little while ago it showed 4 red dots but said 5 hours complete. Then it synched and showed 4, then 3 hours. Meanwhile the fitbit itself is happily showing 5 hours complete...at least for now. But I haven't been doing anything - I gave up today as a loss and was waiting for tomorrow!

My hour changeover was fine, but my steps are not being recorded to the steps per hour box (yet my tracker confirms them).  I just walked, my tracker is saying I've gotten my 250 steps for this hour, but it refuses to put a red dot on my last hour (12AM).  It also refused to record my 4PM and 5PM step totals as well as my 8PM step totals.  That makes no sense.  Yes, I restarted my device. Tracker battery is full.  I don't know how my tracker can chalk up all the steps taken but refuse to acknowledge when they were taken. 😕

Try checking it on the website here. just go to your dashboard on here it will count it even if your app hasn't.

Best Answer

It is now 1am on Monday the 12th. My time change day normally, but my tracker did not reset at midnight it still has all my steps and calories burned from yesterday I am going to try to restart and plug it in when I get home from work. But has byline else had this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have that problem with a Charge2.  Everything was fine until midnight Sunday, and then all of a sudden I got the congrats for hitting 10,000 steps (one second into Monday, **ahem** I can really move!).  

Fitbit had these same problems with DST in 2017 and their engineers haven't fixed it in a year!  Ridiculous

Best Answer

I also tried restarting both the phone and the fitbit, neither worked to eliminate Sunday's steps from rolling over to Monday.  Also tried turning auto timezone off and on, with syncs after each, no effect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Did all those things as well (besides restart my tracker, going to in a little bit). How long did it take to fix last year?  I had a Fitbit charge HR last year and I don’t remember this problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracked 2 workouts today in my Fitbit charge 2, using iOS. In the app the workouts sync, but the average heart rate and calorie burn do not show up and say not enough data available. I cleared out the app, restarted my phone and it’s still not showing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Owing to the volumes of notifications Im getting from this thread I changed my settings so I didnt get bombarded by notifications. Sadly this hasnt worked either. Does anything fitbit make actually work?

Best Answer
0 Votes