Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

@moedawg140wrote:

My sleep log is not fully in sync, reminders to move are not fully in sync, however the time is in sync with my phone. 

One of my main issues is with the app “Treasure Trek”. All of my saved data has been replaced with a map that says “2070” (steps to complete the map), the amount of coins number “-638221992”, not able to press the “i” button to get to your stats, and no option to purchase any pet(s), crew, and/or ship(s), as the “i” button and buying buttons will not function when pressed. Also, each item can be purchased for “255.48 quintillion”, and I receive “?/?” underneath “Daily Challenge!”. I worked hard to complete the last map before the time change (18,000 steps to complete it yesterday), and now everything is gone. I attempted to restart the phone and Ionic - also synced multiple times, and I am still faced with the seemingly fully deleted save data. 

What would be the step(s) to rectify the issue?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

Huzzah! I’m so happy that not only did my saved data from the app “Treasure Trek” return after 12/1am this morning, but I found over 300 million coins for the amount I walked! 

Normally the “deleted” saved data would have been enough for me to start all over, but I’m happy the saved data has returned. Until this issue (and other issues related to the DLST) are rectified, I’ll be prepared to wait a day for everything to take care of itself once each DLST event commences. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 has not adjusted to the new time. I've restarted my phone and synched several times. I've also rest the Charge 2 while on the charger by pressing in the button until the logo shows and it vibrates. No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow unsubscribed to this forum and are still getting bombarded with reply notifications... Not impressed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night I set the notifications to off and I set the tracker to sync all day. This morning it is letting me put in the correct reminder to move times. You guys are awesome,thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I update time to daylight savings time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 was fine on Sunday. Everything worked as normal. But today, (March 12, 2018) my Fitbit didn’t reset my steps and I’m seeing the same ones from yesterday.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I tried restarting and didn't work. I sent a message to FitBit support so hopefully they can help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve sync’ed 3x and my fitbit won’t start anew with new steps to track this morning. It is just tacking On steps from yesterday. I woke up with 15k steps. Please help me fix this!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried resetting, syncing, shutting off bluetooth, changing/check to correct time zone resetting -all multiple times to no success.
Steps still stuck on yesterday's.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My clock and everything else is accurate but when I woke up today, Monday, the steps hadn't reset. So it counted all Sundays steps and now is continuing where I was at when I went to sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now the day after daylight savings time and my Charge 2 didn’t “reset” at midnight. I woke up and started adding to my step count from yesterday. What’s your fix for that? I’ve synced, disconnected and reconnected. What now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Except now it’s tomorrow and nothing has been fixed on mine yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit didn’t reset at midnight last night- the data from today is adding on to yesterday’s.  I’ve synced several times and it still doesn’t work.  Is this a common problem I can fix?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are having a two week team challenge at work. Beginning Saturday, some team members steps were not showing up on the team tab and not counting toward our daily average. Or, only some of their steps were showing and bringing down our team average for the day. On Sunday, we showed 0 steps as a team. The team page showed 0 steps for all team members. It is the same today, Monday.

I called Fitbit Saturday, and this could not be resolved. The person I spoke to submitted this problem to the tech department (I suppose). How long will this take to resolve?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps did not automatically restart at midnight. As of right now, Monday morning, it is still showing my steps from yesterday.  I tried re-starting but that didn't fix it either.

Best Answer

My Fitbit finally updated to DST this morning.

Hopefully yours will too.

Best Answer

The date and time is correct but the steps from yesterday won’t change.

thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - my Fitbit data didn’t reset. Same as yesterday. Clock updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit was fine yesterday but this morning the steps are at 4300 when I woke up and it had been on the nightstand charging all night. The date is correct, app is up to date - not sure how to restart the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My clock time is correct, but last night my steps didn’t reset to 0.  At midnight last night (so really this morning 3/12) my Fitbit buzzed signaling 10,000 steps when in fact, I had 10,400 for the day.  I have tried re-syncing my Fitbit 3 or 4 times and nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes