Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

Mine had no issue with the time change, but the step count did not reset. My steps today are adding to yesterdays. I have syned and I have reset, still to no avail.

Best Answer

My charger 2 didn’t reset the steps overnight after Day Light Savings... how can I reset it??

Best Answer

My fitbit Charge 2 is simply adding on steps etc from Sunday as though Monday is still Sunday

It shows the correct date and time

I have NO IDEA how to switch on all day sync if indeed that will fix it

Help!

Thanks JSCSMITH

Best Answer

Is anyone else having issues with the step count not resetting? 

Best Answer

My steps carried over from yesterday’s daylight savings time.  When I reset my device, the steps are still there.  How do I get my Charge 2 to start a new step count for today?  Please help!

Best Answer

My Charge HR2 did not reset steps from Sunday night into this morning (Monday). I restarted the device and have also synced it. Does it need a factory reset? My alarm worked this morning but the steps are still from yesterday. 

TIA!

Best Answer

My fitbit failed to update overnight, so I woke up this morning with over 18,000 steps. My wife's fitbit had the same problem. Is this related to daylight savings time?

Best Answer

My Fitbit did not reset itself at midnight...all of yesterday’s steps and activity are still there this morning. What should I do?

Best Answer

Yes, it’s getting annoying because I can’t figure out how to fix it!  The other information is correct on my device.

Best Answer

It has been 24 hours that I am trying to get the right time on my fitbit. I have done all the suggestions several times over the last 24 hours with no success. Please help, I use my fitbit to get the time and this is really getting to be a problem.

Best Answer

My steps did not reset at midnight last night (the night after the clocks changed). The time feature reset, but the steps and mileage did not.  Please advise. Thanks!

Best Answer

My calories did not reset at midnight. They carried over and I chat seem to get it straightened out. I have restarted my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine seemed fine yesterday and now today it picked up with steps from last night. so now I am almost at 12,000 steps first thing in the morning. 

Best Answer

trying to fix the time it is off by 6 hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

A couple of days over the past 2 weeks, I woke up with steps from the previous day. After change to DST, I woke up with zero steps yesterday morning, the time was right and silent alarms worked at the correct times yesterday. However, this morning, I woke up with steps from yesterday. Annoying, but I realize now that this seems to be a widespread issue. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I each have a Charge 2, and both are reporting erroneous numbers of steps and miles (almost 8000 steps and over 3 miles). Syncing did not resolve this issue.

Best Answer
Mine did

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I checked at 6AM mine was fine.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t do anything, I don’t know what time my Charge 2 rest but by 6AM it had. When this happens in November and it will Fitbit will not fix it, just ignore it and it will eventually reset itself.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did this this morning also.

Best Answer
0 Votes