Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467
It’s been more than a year, I had this with my first Fitbit in November 2016. Check the entire thread and you’ll find this has been going on since at least 2014 and Fitbit hasn’t fixed it yet....therefore they can’t or won’t!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have the charge 2 fitbit and when I woke up today at 3am to go to the gym it said I have burned almost 2,000 calories. And it has the correct time and date. After working out, I should have only burned about 700 calories because I burned 520 during my workout. Will that fix itself or... what can I do? I like to track my macros and calories and this is throwing it all off. I also restarted my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It should for your activities toady, mine has reset and is tracking fine, I had the same problem yesterday and at each time change.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 will not reset my information from yesterday

Best Answer

I have a Charge 2 and my Fitbit does not reset its steps following daylight savings. I wake up and step counter continues where it left off the night before. Anyone experiencing this same problem?

Best Answer

My steps didn’t reset at midnight.

Best Answer
Yes

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - my Charge 2 seemed to display the correct date/time, sync and reset steps, etc just fine yesterday (after the DST time change early Sunday morning), however THIS morning (Monday March 12th), it isn't resetting my data.... my dashboard still shows the steps, floors, miles, and calories burned from yesterday (Sunday) and is just simply adding today's (Monday's) on top of it. 

All Day Sync is on (and has been on since I started using the device).  I've tried syncing and re-syncing. I've tried restarting the device.  I've tried unpairing and repairing.  Nothing seems to work.  I can't edit/delete the steps from today's data because when you drill down into the details of today, it actually doesn't show anything but what was actually done today (which I'm hopeful means it'll be an easy fix).  

Any suggestions?  Has anyone else experienced this particular behaviour before?

Best Answer
Given the erroneous number of steps mine is reporting, I’m guessing that’s what is causing it - it didn’t reset at midnight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge2 changed the date after daylight saving time, but now it is keeping the steps from yesterday.

Best Answer

Mine did this too, but it was my phone that wasn't showing the right time. A restart to phone and Fitbit fixed the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

My total steps and calories burned did not reset at midnight. How do I do that?

Best Answer

My Fitbit steps did not start over from Sunday (start of daylight savings time) to today Monday. I tried deleting the app from the phone and re-installing, but that didn't work. Any thoughts.

Best Answer

what if my steps carried over from the day before .. at midnight Sunday, I still had over 13k steps and working on over 18k and it's only 8:00 a.m.  Is there a fix for this??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps or calories burned didn't reset at Midnight last night.  Looks like this was a problem last year at this time and is a problem again. Not sure if anybody else is having the same issue.

Best Answer

Mine didn’t reset either 

Best Answer

Once again I have gone through all the steps and nothing has changed. Your QA team is dismal. How many years have you been out there and you still muff daylight saving time? My fit bit still has yesterday's count. I have restarted both phone and device. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, sacrificed a chicken under a full moon. This is the worse use of $150 in my life. I swear I would get more exercise if I wasn't constantly having to screw around with the app and the tracker in the gain hope they may actually communicate. Get your sht together fitbit!

Best Answer

Thank you for this information.  My issue is that the number steps is greatly exaggerated.  It did not reset this morning.  So basically I am walking blind.  

Best Answer

Nice you're aware; this is an old, and very annoying, bug that is still to be fixed. My Charge2 did not reset at midnight. Anyway to reset it manually?

Best Answer
I do not know when mine reset, but at 5:30 this morning it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes