Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, 03/11/2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
467 REPLIES 467

I'm having the same problem! How hard is it to have programming in place for daylight savings time? How accurate is the information normally if they can't program for something that happens twice a year? 

@Mshughes23wrote:

When I woke up my fitbit showed 9:22 (it should have stayed at 5:22 or adjusted to 6:22).  I synced and the correct time displayed but the stats (steps, stars, miles, etc.) are incorrect. It saved yesterdays stats/data accurately but seems to have duplicated those over to today and is just adding on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps from Sunday, 3/11 are still being counted today. It never reset back to midnight last night, but did reset on Saturday night when clocks were changed. Is this related to daylight savings time or a weird coincidence?  The correct time and date appear.

Best Answer
Check the website and wait. From what I've read, this has been the most troublesome time change since I've had my Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue! I tried syncing the timezones manually, and then restarting the fitbit while charging, but no dice. This is really frustrating..

Best Answer

My Fitbit was working fine yesterday (3/11/18), but steps did not reset at midnight. Today (3/12/18) it says I have over 14,000 steps, and I just woke up (I went to sleep before midnight last night). Will restarting my device (Charge 2) fix this issue? Thank you!

Best Answer
Wow. Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to. Gonna be a good day
step-wise as I have over 18k at 8:00 am
Best Answer
Everyone is having this issue and it occurs at each time change. Fitbit still has not corrected this. I do not think they can.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Fitbit worked fine yesterday after daylight savings time but today it is continuing to add on to yesterday’s steps. I have tried restarting it but now at 15,000 steps this morning by plugging it into the charged and hold the button until the app appears then remove it and press the button . This did not work . Any ideas how to get the steps to go back to read 0

thankful for any help offered

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems as if it is random as to who resets and who does not. I did nothing and it reset by the time I woke up, everything was tracking as it was before daylight savings time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This may be a dumb question but how do you restart your Fitbit or do they
mean delete the app and reinstall?? Never had this issue and I've had a
Fitbit for years
Best Answer
0 Votes
The moderator may block this due to, well you know. But you are 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that DST isn't observed in many countries, but it still seems shortsighted to ignore that it exists.  As a former programmer, I understand the complexities involved in adjusting software to deal with this phenomenon, most especially calendars.  It's been around for a long time and virtually every other app, OS, and electronic device has provisions for it.  I think it is time for the FitBit developers to listen to the user base and get this fixed before the November rollback.  Otherwise this same conversation will occur again and users (your paying customers) will be frustrated again. Many of us rely on our device to keep us on track with our health goals.  Some of us may abandon your product for something that doesn't give us grief twice a year.

Best Answer

Fit bit was fine on Sunday, showed correct time. However steps and activity did not reset Sunday night. so time is correct but it will not reset. I've tried all recommended steps except a factory reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, please provide a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit seemed to recognize the correct time but when manually entering exercise session the graph did not show the correct heart rate. The heart rate graph shows the exercise as an hour later even thought the phone was reset. Tried all of the suggestions and none work. 

Interestingly the exercise details tails seems to have picked up the proper heart rate levels even though the graphs do not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing and I've tried restarting

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 has the correct time after the time change but it has not reset at midnight last night, so now my calories and steps are being added from yesterday to today's stats. What should I do to correct my charge 2 device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, this is my last Fitbit.  This is the only one of my devises that does this.  This had been going on since the 1st time change in 2016

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an answer for you, but I came to this forum in search of someone else with this problem.  If it makes you feel any better my girlfriend is having the exact same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They won't because they can't !!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes