Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Ugggh, this new format sucks.  I usually log food by size instead of weight (ie 1 tablespoon instead of grams).  You used to be able to easily tell if your unit of measurement choice was available for a particular selection (for example, I tried to log 1 T of honey; it now pulls up a whole list of honey options but only shows calories for each honey listed, no measurements at all.  I now have to choose a random honey to see if my measurement choice is even possible for that particular honey brand.)  Also, sometimes the exact item I’m logging isn’t there.  I used to be able to eyeball similar items and their quantities and come up with a reasonable substitute.  Without the measurement it’s impossible to compare apples to apples.  The order of the logging screen is also a pain.  Why does the edit food plan need to be so front and center above the food logging section?  How often are people changing their plan?  I’ve clicked on it by accident 3 times.  I’m really hoping this view went live by accident.  

Best Answer

I agree, this new update is completely useless and makes their program ineffective in comparison to their competition.
I rely on this application to give me a fairly accurate view of my daily macro intake for my weightlifting, but with this update I might as well get a MyFitnessPal or some Apple product to meet the minimum expectations I held for FitBit.

Best Answer

Yeah. This is ridiculous. Specificity and data is like the point of this product? Why would you make info like macros in grams less accessible? This is so stupid that I'm also seriously looking into jumping ship from Fitbit and buying an alternative tracker. Really sad because I've been a customer for years.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

This is a shocker! Fitbit is so arrogant that it doesn't care what users want. This "improved" food log takes away all useful inputs including most macro nutrients. I have built my own database in Excel and am abandoning Fitbit. Good-bye Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I looked, couldn’t find those features in any button or tab. And the most important to me is the meal planning for future dates, this is definitely gone. Now you can only select today or a past date, no option to move ahead even to the next day. Not happy. ☹️

Best Answer

It’s a complete mess. I hate it.  Not sure what to do, tbh.  As it is now it’s no use to me any more.

Best Answer
The new dashboard is so terrible!! It doesn't show many anything that I actually care about like grams of protein etc... I hope it changes soon otherwise ill have to go through the hassle of moving over to My Fitness Pal.
Best Answer

I hate it soooo much! It doesn't show me anything useful like grams of protein consumed etc...

Best Answer

When I talked with the Fitbit rep in Chat, he said they made improvements based on what customers wanted.  I think they're using 'customers' to justify what they wanted, sort of like throwing us under the proverbial bus.  I have yet to hear one good thing about this update.  

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

That is a load bollocks. They can easily offer two versions of food log. By stripping the functionality from macronutrients they have made their database useless. I have now switched over to a free database called Carb Manager to track my food which I will then export to my own database in Excel spreadsheet for the sake of continuity. I will still track my weight using Fitbit but am looking for something else now as Fitbit cannot be trusted to do the right thing by its customer base. They did it to streamline the PC/Web based db with the app. I am not interested what is convenient for them. What they told you is clearly a lie.

Best Answer

Agree, identical screens for phones and PC website displays is convenient only for the producer.   They have taken away functionality and ease of use and given us commonality across platforms - not useful if you prefer to use the easier platform,

Best Answer

I don't even see how you log your food anymore. Why would you ruin a great interface like this? 

Best Answer
Did the settings dissapear in the new dashboard upgrade?
Best Answer

Agreed,

Came on this morning as today is my high carb day so i keep an eye on the grams im taking in. First i looked on my phone, actually thought something was messed up. Came to the website, could see the massive graph. Fine for the computer but for a mobile device is just silly. No thought to screen real estate space.

I do like its a little more simplified, however, no detailed information on the grams of carbs, proteins or fats.

Had to work it out myself from the total cals and the percentage it stated i had for carbs.

I can appreciate the removal of unwanted features, but this information is important to those who keep fit or people with health issues, such as diabetes.

Lets hope they fix it because right now its a very poor release. On the right track but very poor in testing. Part of a reason why developers should not have authority to release work to the live environment, surely a company as big as fit bit has a QA dept that would have overseen this and said, guys come on. 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

I have a new dashboard with all kinds of advanced info/metrics but cannot get back to my basic dashboard that allows me to log my food intake. What is going on? Any help/advice is greately appreciated.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

OMG no no no what have you done Fitbit - the .Com food log is horrendous and cannot find anything this is NOT what the complaint was about and it still has not solved the problem - I want then easy to read basic log back and when I add a food and search for it I want it to appear I want to see the carbs, fat etc for each Food Item/meal not a daily summary you have removed your most useful page and replaced it with the rest of the idiotic moves you have made

@SunsetRunner @NY2TX I see what you meant now what an abomination

I refused to use mobile for just this reason and now Fitbit is totally useless to me - please bring back the useful information - I cannot even select 1 day on the stupid graph at the top - unreal

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Same here - new interface is bewildering!  It was so easy before, why change it?

Best Answer

Looks like they updated their website. I’m in the same boat, quite annoying, may have to start using another app to view that info, frustrating 

Best Answer

Well this is just silly. Why on earth change the dashboard when nothing was wrong with it, and nobody can see the macronutrients in grams, anywhere!! Not happy at all. I guess i'll try MyFitnessPal. Please fix this!

Best Answer
The new food logging format is awful. All of the functionality and information previously available to allow you to plan your meals and track macro nutrients has all gone. There is now no ability to see grams of fat, fibre, carbs, etc by day, let alone by meal or by food item. I am begging fitbit to bring back the old format. Summarizing to % and losing all of the foods information is no good to no one. This is one of the features which excelled in comparison to other service providers out there and one of the main reasons I bought a fitbit. I need this level of information and if fitbit can't provide then I will have to go elsewhere. Fitbit please listen to your customers and users and please, please, please, bring back the old style food recording and nutritional information breakdown by grams. Thanks
Best Answer