Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Edit! I managed to get today to work by going back to the previous week, but it’s still not showing me a breakdown of my macros in grams! Where did it go?! 😩

Best Answer

I wholly concur... the app does NOT provide the macros in grams, only in percentages. The only place to get macros in grams, updated by the minute, was the dashboard food log. Now that too is only showing percentages. The percentages are utterly useless because:

1. If we wanted to do math then why use the app or website in the first place?

2. The percentages are not accurate. I have done the math many times and determined the percentages when calculated out did not equal the actual total of my macros after I added them all up.

Best Answer

I won’t wait a year.... I’ll switch all my family devices to apple products if this doesn’t get cleared up within a week. Then I’ll never purchase another Fitbit product ever again (I currently have five devices, 4 watches and 1 scale in my family).

Best Answer

It seems like a half-baked developmental version has bee posted instead of the real application.  This application no longer works!!!!!

Best Answer

You'll be even more sad when I tell you that you could always move food between meals. That isn't even a new feature! I like the look of the new dashboard. Are you sure those features are not available? Sometimes they just move buttons around. You might want to ask customer service.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I am so annoyed by this ridiculous change that Fitbit made, what the heck were they thinking when they made this move?  I understand change but change should be made for improvement, this is definitely not the case here.  I've always supported Fitbit but if this is what I'm stuck with for tracking food going forward, I will be rethinking if this is the product I want to continue using.  It would be an easy flip back to the system that worked...DO IT!!!!  Judging by what I've been reading, I don't think I'm alone is thinking about moving on to another company...this is a really bad move Fitbit, fix it!!!!

Best Answer

Why has the Macro Grams been taken away? The Fitbit software writers are either way out of touch in relation to what people want, or this is just another part that will probably end up in Premium and they will want us to pay for it. I have used Fitbit for a long time because the whole package was good when I first started. There has been a steady decline in the value of the free information provided. For the serious fitness/bodybuilder person it has become a disappointment. As with the IN vs OUT calories that was taken away some time ago, our request to have it put back will be ignored. I used to recommend Fitbit but not any more. I doubt if I am the only one who feels cheated by Fitbit. You purchase a product like this because of what the whole package has to offer and now we are not getting that. Poor effort Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I log throughout the day and have always preferred the desktop interface to the app.  Tonight I log on to be surprised by an all new interface, which is more difficult and time consuming to use.  Bring back the old version or allow users to access the old version.

Best Answer
Thistle is awful, can’t see my daily total! Very entry now requires u to enter a time of day, used to just default to any time. Please change it back!
Best Answer
You have to mentally or on paper add the fiber and sodium; whereas, before it showed up on the total, such as the protein, carbs, fat, and total calories are now.
Best Answer

I was happy with fitbit but now I'm planning to investigate alternatives too.

Best Answer

If I have to track macros manually I obviously don't need Fitbit any longer. Goodbye Fitbit, you just made yourself obsolete.

Best Answer

Thanks.  I think I'll check out the iPhone app & may consider switching to Apple products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with all of the other posters. This change is horrid. I'm a heart attack survivor. I’m primarily concerned with tracking my Sodium intake.  As far as I can tell Sodium shows up nowhere in the new food log interface, except for the nutrition info for individual items. Also, Fat, Carbs and Protein in percent? USDA and every other place that provides nutrition information gives us recommended intake in calories, grams and milligrams not percent The old interface was great..each day in 6 numbers: Calories, Fat, Fiber, Carbs, Sodium and Protein. Compact, easy to understand… perfect. So, while the graph is “pretty” it is completely useless for people that actually keep track of their intake! Put back the old interface ASAP.

Best Answer

Super annoying, I will be going back to My Fitness Pal, which I believe is compatable with fit bit. It is super important for me to see exactly what my macros are.

Best Answer

And people with heart problems - count me and my pacemaker/defibrillator as part of that population - depend on the sodium numbers.

Three clicks to get where you use to "just be" and two clicks to get back to the beginning.

And then you had better have your calculator in hand.

Once again, poorly thought out and executed.

Moderator Edit: Format

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Good catch man!  Thanks!

The meals information is sort of there and the presentation appears to have been designed by Medusa's Stylist.  It looks like the "programmer(s)" slapped it in there so they could get their check and run!

This seems to be a habit with Fitbit.  When I first tried to use it, I had to come to a forum like this to discover how to get around the old software so using it was worth the time.

If the old interface and macro values don't come back as a reasonable option, it is probably time to go to other platforms and point out how bad and capriciously changed the software is. If I had been aware of that I probably would have bought something other than a Fitbit and changed what I recommend to my friends.  I detest having to transfer my information to another vender's software but the next time I am in the market for a new device I may make that leap.

Best Answer
Me too
Best Answer
New version sucks.
Best Answer
Go to the help button at the bottom of the Dashboard and respond to them
about this. The more of us that do it the better we will be. Please,
everyone do this.
Best Answer
0 Votes