Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Hey! I’m tying to see the detailed view of my macros for the day on Fitbit.com, but for some reason I can only open “1 week” and “30 days”, which doesn’t show me the grams of protein, carbs etc for the day. “Today” is grey and I can’t click on it but it worked earlier today (same phone, same browser... same tab!). Why oh why can’t we just see these things on our watches or even on the app 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes
Also, where are my recipes that I have created.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree its terrible. What happened to being able to see the grams in your macros? I hate it. 

Best Answer

Oh and also it has synced and updated, and shows all my current stats 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amen, brother. 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
Agree 100%

Why did they have to change something that was very good to something that
is horrible?
Best Answer

I agree its terrible. You can't even see your macros in grams anymore. Hate it. 

Best Answer
How about if we all call?
Best Answer

I agree. I want the old interface back. I would suggest giving people an option if they want a new interface or not. It won't even let me add how much water I drank today. What a mess. Plus it is not pleasing visually. I suggest getting some real users to comment before making major changes

Best Answer
I thought I had gotten a virus when I saw this. I usually logged in with
my computer because it was much easier than doing it on the phone. Please
go back to the way it was.
Best Answer

I now have to manually add up my carbs for each food logged for a meal PLUS still no where to log blood glucose!  Time for a change tracker apps I guess!

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

I clicked the help button above then clicked to chat with customer service. The rep had no answers and no explanations but did say she would log my complaint. She also said they would monitor these boards so she recommended that I voice my opinion here as well and click “like” (or vote, can’t remeber which it is) to messages that shared my sentiments. So please log a complaint and voice your opinion on the boards. Perhaps our message will get through and we can all get our beloved macros in grams again. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hate the new interface on both Windows & iPhone! It's much harder to navigate, I can't find my custom meals, & I can't plan my food/calories for future days (meal planning is essential for busy people). Please fix this & bring the old features back! The ONLY new feature I like is that now you can move a food from one meal to another rather than having to delete. But this alone is not worth all the features we lost, please undo this poorly thought out update!

Best Answer

I chatted with them..... the rep promised to log my complaint and stated if they got enough complaints then perhaps they would change it back. So please, I urge you and many others to do so. It only takes a few minutes.

Best Answer

Everyone needs to Chat this up.  I just did, before I found this thread.  Told them I hated the change.  They called it an update.  I asked for a guideline in how to use it. They don't have one, yet.  You would think they would have something to offer, BEFORE making the changes.  Anyway, I managed to log my food, but it's not at all convenient. What a waste of technology. They should fire the person who thought this up.  

Best Answer

Very sad indeed. Makes me wonder if those responsible are actually into fitness and nutrition because those that are would understand the need for continually tracking macros in grams throughout the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also just went to the help button and sent an email. Told them it sucks
and to bring back the old format. Please, everyone take the time to do
this.
Best Answer

I have already posted but this time I will try to be more constructive.

The new trend is to monitor macros.  Many people are on Keto diets, others are on low carb high protein diets, some people are on low salt diets.  Whatever your need is the point of a food journal is to keep track of your intake to make sure you are staying within the parameters you (or your healthcare provider) have set for you.  The old interface allowed us to see our intake of calories and macros as well as sodium.  Again this was extremely helpful if you had minimums or maximums in each category.  The current interface does not provide that.  The percentages are not helpful at all.  I personally have a maximum grams of carbs and minimum grams of protein I would like to take in each day.  I was able to quickly see where I was throughout the day to see if I could splurge or needed to add something to my daily intake.  The current interface does not allow me to do this.  

Reading through many of the other comments I think  good percentage of the users also need similar functionality.  I hope FitBit sees that the current version of the food log will not meet the needs of their customers and they will revert to the old interface or at least give people the option to use the older system.  They should have offered the new interface as an option then gotten input from users before forcing through this update.

Best Answer

I agree, all the information I want to see, such as daily totals of fiber, protein, fat, sodium, carbs, is no longer available. Horrible update. Much worse than before the update.

Best Answer

Why change a perfectly good and simple system of logging to this abomination!  Does anyone listen to the customer?  it took almost a year to fix the sleep-logging problem, do we have to wait another year before this backward step is fixed?

Best Answer