Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339
I don't know what fitbit was thinking with this new new food log format, but it is the OPPOSITE of user friendly! I had all of my recipes and favorite foods entered and they were just a click away. Now I can't find anything and this new format is just confusing. Fitbit should have an option for us to keep the old format or use the new one IF we like it.
Best Answer

Return to the old way this makes no sense.

Best Answer

Yes, this new interface is garbage for sure.  I wonder if seeing the macros in grams will be a "premium" feature.  If that is the case, good bye Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yes, this is so upsetting.

Best Answer

If they would just make a scale

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to log my food for the day and thought it was some kind of an error.  What happened to the previous food log?  I don't care to see what I ate a month ago, but I'd like to see what I ate at different times today, and I'd like to be able to just click on my frequently used foods.  This is a disaster.  PLEASE give us the option to switch back to the old format.

Best Answer

You had to try and make the web food logging look like the apps, taking away what allowed your paying Customers to sanity check and supplement what was missing from the mobile apps.

No we don't pay for access, but we do pay for the devices that make us want to come here.

For such a radical change, did you hold focus group discussions, ask your Community Council what they thought, or anything along that line?

If you answer "No" to the above, I'm truly glad my job changed enough that I wasn't able to accept the invitation to be on the Community Council when offered in March. While I can now say I was thinking about reopening that discussion, I'm not sure I'd want to because...

As a developer myself, I can say that any development staff that develops in a vacumn and the leadership allows them to do so isn't worth a fraction of the salaries they are paid. Neither are they worthy of my, or anyones, support.

Read this quick people, cause I'm sure it's going to be removed fast.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
new food log screen is terrible a hassel to log not user friendly aT ALL. NO notification of change very frustrating ready to go back hand writing logs and usig a simple step counter
Best Answer

I will chime in and say that I had recently started logging my food and found it helped immensely to track sodium and the grammage of each of my macronutrients as I do need it for research purposes. But now it seems we all have been shafted.

Throwing it out there just to have this thread constantly bumped..

Best Answer

How do I vote for this like 6000 times?  I hate hate hate the new screen.  I can't even read it the writing is so small.  The foods are harder to find and enter.  The totals are harder to find.  Urghhhhh

Best Answer

I was shocked when I logged in tonight. All I wanted to know was what my total calories burned for the day will be vs my current calories. It's gone! How do I know if I'm exercising too much? Hoping I can see just "today" but it is grayed out. I am starting to wonder if I need premium just to see a single day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is absolutely awful. I counted macros using the old method using grams as my health depended on it. I have no idea where to go or what to do now. I have been using fitbit for years and have been impressed with their products and services since I started using them, I never expected to be this badly disappointed. I'll be sending a complaint. I was looking forward to buying the new charge 3 but I may be considering different brands for fitness watches if this awful dashboard isn't changed back. Very upset

Best Answer

I would also like to toss my feedback in. I'm currently chatting with an agent to lodge my complaint that way as well. For a company trying so hard to adopt a health oriented focus, this new food log is an enormous step backwards. I have health concerns that require that I keep my fat, fiber, and sodium in certain ranges, hard numbers, not percentages. I get quite uncomfortable if I don't. This new interface tells me none of what I need to know for those things! A percentage chart is really....not useful information at all. I don't need to know what my intake is relative to other macros, I need to make sure I'm hitting my protein minimums, getting enough fiber, and not going over my fat or sodium maximums.

So, while I was typing I finished my chat with the agent. Unfortunately, it seems the only workaround she could offer me was to track my food in another app that meets my needs. It's kind of sad that she would have to offer that. I came to Fitbit because I could do everything I was looking for under a single app. Please allow us to opt out of the new interface until it's updated to something useful.

Best Answer

Why was it changed,  I can't log for the rest of the week and figure out my macros, oh why oh why was it changed,  i can't even see my macros in grams anymore, please change it back

Best Answer

This new log in for food is absolutely the worst thing I've ever seen.  You  took a perfectly great program and made it unusable.  Please fix this asap or I will have to look for an alternative because this is not worth the effort it takes to log in.

Best Answer

I don't understand why we have to log nutrients in milligrams that are expressed on the label as percentages.  It's bad enough that the database of foods is full of garbage and duplicates*, but now we can't tell which entry corresponds to the actual nutrients because it's using different units than the label.

*This is easily recognized as the biggest problem with the application.  Either I have to look through all the duplicates and incomplete entries (and the application encourages incomplete entries with it's multiple takes on what information should be entered via phone, web, short version, etc), or I just give up and create my own entry for everything.  This was always the most annoying part of the app as it was the most time-consuming.

Best Answer

This is terrible. All I want to see is "Today" and it's grayed out. Sigghhh, another useless change. I don't want pretty, I want useful!

Best Answer

My exact thoughts. I need to keep track of my macros  and water  for the day. Now to do this I have to switch back & forth from food log (dashboard) to Premium from Premium to dashboard. I am looking into websites designed for tracking food and activity and other wearable devices. Fitbit --get smart -- reverse course and give us back the previous version or seriously correct the blunders.

O,V
Best Answer

I hate the new format.  I cannot tell you how much I hate the changes.  Update, shmutdate, it needs to go back to the way it was.  Everyone who has commented here, and some in a very detailed way, have nailed each of my complaints.  I want to know how much sodium I'm taking in, but it's not there anymore.  You already did away with the sugar (and when did that happen?), now we can't manage our salt, too?  I do not like that I have to go to back to History, just to see how my calories are fairing.  And I don't like how I have to click on a meal to find that out, either.  Whoever had the bright idea to change things should be fired.  This is not an improvement.  This is a brilliant way to lose me as a customer.  Please go back to the original and much better format.  It worked. Why fix what's not broken and yet, you did just that, and now it's useless.  I am so disappointed! 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Please roll back, this update is horrible, what UX research was done prior to this? All the useful information we used to track our nutrition is gone, very sad.

Best Answer