Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

their new site is... 

very disappointed in fitbit.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

Man fix this crap, i hate it, never use my phone to log food and now my windows computer looks like my phone and that is bad...

Best Answer

How do you lodge a complaint?

Best Answer

Also, I was finally able to add portions of 1.75 cups... of the same item I was trying to add earlier. So assume they are actively working in the background to smooth out the updated system. I'm not sure about fractions yet. But I'm done with this for today.

Good luck all, whether you stay or decide to go go

Best Answer

I agree with both of you. I plan my meals for a week.Just did them yesterday now their gone!!!! Why isn't there instructions or warnings this was going to happen! I've lost 100 lbs on the old one! I need the old one back, come on!!!!!!

Best Answer

rckoegel: re: visual hierarchy

Hm, I think for food I would prefer more of an F-pattern, like they sort of had before.  Being able to look at the main body of the day and then scan right to saved options was helpful, because both sides were informing the other.  At least, for me personally, part of that layout helped in terms of "I have eaten X today, which means I can have Y from favorites."

The only complaint I ever had was water being at the bottom, but then that made sense, as well; food should be king for a food tracking page, and so water was relegated to the very end tip of the F.  So because it made sense, I was fine with the hierarchy.

Now, they have this bizarre multi-layered... non-shape going on with no real hierarchy.  I went and looked at MyFitnessPal in my unhappiness and found learning that system so much easier than the new Fitbit one, which is a very bad sign for Fitbit; it means that the difficulty of dealing with the new system (whether because of poor design or because of bugs or both) supersedes the difficulty of swapping to a totally different website, having to create a new account there, etc.

Best Answer

I agree.... the old log allowed me to easily track my macronutrients and review my daily caloric intake. This new system totally sucks. Why did someone think this was a good idea? This new system is HORRIBLE. If they don’t fix it then I’m going to have to switch to something else and a new device. Please, Fitbit, don’t force to leave your products.

Best Answer

@NY2TX Hi again I am glad you used the term improvement loosely lol - yes you are right but again as with the last post we were in about the new dashboard it seems that Fitbit does not care about functionality but more on community guidelines - they don't seem to realise if they gave the customer what they want there would be no need for guideline monitors just good 2 way communications with people that answer the questions properly and get results.

as for the Older app I believe it is still possible under the same procedure we went through last year (I presume you still operating Android) - but unfortunately I don't think it will make any difference as this seems to be on the main server as it is affecting PC, laptop and website as well - FYI I have continued to use the older app with the lines as they still haven't addressed the issues stated back from 2016 with the stupid mobile dashboards background colour and frozen bottom half of screen - I do periodically check new version on my spare phone but as not seen any improvement have not continued any use of latter versions

Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with all previous messages on this new change, please change it back.

Best Answer

I agree with everyone here! If the point was to make it more like the apps, they've seriously missed the mark - I actively avoided logging food on the apps because it was so much easier and more detailed on the online dashboard!

I hate having to click though multiple pop-ups to see what you've actually already logged for the day, then even more to log new things. Not very user-friendly at all. It was much easier when everything was listed out neatly on one page.

(Also, where are the water totals at? You can log water but not see your current total???)

And what I find even worse - you can't log things for future dates! Meal planning for the week ahead is hugely important to me, it helps me manage and plan so many different aspects of my schedule/routine.

Epic fail on Fitbit's part.

Best Answer

I logged on and tried to log my food intake for the day and could not do so. All I got was a bar graph for the month of September. What happened? Did I do something wrong? Who's bright idea was it to change it in the first place? I have been tracking my calories while trying to lose weight. 

Best Answer

The former interface was great and I have raved about fitbit for year. But obviously somebody had to "improve" it to justify their salary. I will be looking for a different place that is more user friendly. 

Best Answer

Don’t know what you guys did but you need to get rid of the macronutrients percentage and bring back the old dashboard that showed actually relevant information. I could see with the old dashboard the amount of carbs in GRAMS that I was doing in a day along w/ other relevant information. This update does not do that and I see others are not happy w/ the change. I was thinking of updating my Blaze but not sure now since the dashboard now shows a lack of information.

Best Answer

Can we have someone from Fitbit post with updates on this? The change is unwelcome, now i can't properly track food. Please let us know how to go back to the old interface.

Best Answer
Why did they take away macros in grams and can they please bring it back!??
Best Answer

I agree, this new format SUCKS!  Bring back the old format.  Was anyone notified the logging process was changing??

Best Answer

Ditto.  Macros in percentages isn't meaningful for me.  I need to know my net carbs.

Best Answer

A moderator changed the heading of this discussion, but didn't weigh in ... why not??

Add another "I hate it" vote from me. I used the "notes" field to mark the time I ate and the pills I took, to keep track of everything. I liked seeing fat/carbs/protein/fiber/sodium. I liked having one day on one page and not every day ever all in tiny little boxes! Oh my god, please, Fitbit, give us the option of not switching to this terrible interface!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Ditto.  I need to know my macros in grams.  I need to see my carbs and fiber in grams.  This update is trash.

Best Answer

Definitely agree with you all.  This new interface is garbage.  Bring back the macros in grams please!

Best Answer