Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

I’m already logging in fitness Pal! Bye FITBIT. I will also be asking for my pro-rated premium $ back since it just renewed in August. 

Best Answer

Yes!!  That too!!  I just posted about not being able to see my macros...just calories...unless I click 3 times to get to each item's nutritional summary, then manually add them up - seriously?  I was so worked up about that, I forgot about how you can no longer add fractions/portions of a measure.  Are they kidding?

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer
Making the decision to switch to that new Apple watch with the snazzy ECG function just became much easier.
Best Answer

I just signed on about a half hour ago and I've been trying to figure out how to read the new Log section. Why did they change it?! I'm so upset I'm ready to quit Fitbit.

Best Answer
the old one was perfect, the new one is useless. Yes I can use it, but I don't eat a cup of flax seed, but 1/4 cup same with many other foods. Miss the pre set breakfast 4 items, hit breakfast and entry was done. Should not have to set up an Excel spreadsheet as well as Fitbit to track food. Especially when yesterdays ap worked so well, and this one does not have the capacity to replace it with an equal footing. it is definitely inferior by a mile.
Best Answer

The only reason I viewed my profile online was to get a summary of the macros in grams; if I wanted a pie chart I would just look at my phone.

PS- please everyone call customer support and chat with the "human" to register your complaints.  This cannot get fixed fast enough!

Best Answer

Agreed.  I am unhappy with the change.  It is less user friendly and we can no longer see our macros and our projected date of when we might reach our goal.  I also don't like how we can no longer see our total stats as we log food.  Very frustrating.  Please change it back.  

Best Answer

I just want to echo what everyone else is saying: I don't want to see a month or week at a time, get those **ahem** bar graphs out of the way, I want to see a list of each of the foods for the day,not all condensed to a week. Took me several minutes to figure out how to actually track something, and most importantly You got rid of the grams of fat/carbs/protein! I seriously have been pulling the website interface up on my phone for years because the app only does %, and yeah I can do the math based on total calories but what a pita when you can just tell me my total grams. Counting macros is a thing yo! I know people don't like change, so you will probably write all this off, but wth this update is the update we don't need and didn't ask for. With the battery clearly hitting it's built in obsolesce date of 2 years, it might be time to find something else.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I am already researching Carb Manager, My Fitness Pal, and seeing whatever is out there!  This will not work for me!  Not seeing the macros, no fractions, awful layout, more difficult logging for food....what were they thinking? 

I hate having to switch - I was totally comfortable with the old dashboard and I have a few years of data in there.  Aghh!

Moderator edit: word choice and format

Best Answer
Is there any way to revert to the old food logging interface for Windows, you know, the one I was using just fine at 3:00 this afternoon? The new one is rubbish, I can't build a meal with it, and I have to jump all around to track carbs, protein, sodium. Why are you trying to sabotage me, FitBit?
Best Answer

I just got off the phone with them and they said its something they are "testing" and have no idea when the older version will be back.  Said the engineers just pushed it without Beta testing it first.

Best Answer

byowllight: "visual hierarchy"

Do you think F-pattern or Z-pattern would be more preferable for most of this content?

I'm thinking Z would work fine for the activities, weight, and sleep pages as their devices are designed to log those automatically. There ought to be obvious manual logging options present, but I don't even think those need to be log pages specifically. Having them look more like a magazine is fine.

They could always just stick a log/add button on the top right of the graph that pops up an in-page logging box.

The food page is different though, since adding a lot of different details to a list is more complicated. It's handy to actually be able to see the details as you go; like filling out a spreadsheet. And there's so much you need access to, there isn't a lot of room for other things. Might as well make historical data a separate thing, perhaps accessible from the food page, but by no means the primary focus.

I'd say they could go the opposite way, and focus on historical data like with the other pages, and just assume people are using the app for adding info, but the mobile app is way too cumbersome and uninformative. I don't actually use the mobile app for anything but syncing and 'scanning' new food items' barcodes. Like others have said I log food for the details, which aren't available, or aren't easily viewable, either on the app or on the new webpage.

I actually used to use MMF, but changed over to Fitbit for the automatic wearable data recording.

PS: the more details we give them, the better. Feel free to express yourself. Somebody might actually read this thread someday.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Interesting...as far as I can see, there's nowhere to click to get any additional information about the actual grams of macronutrients. I'm guessing the first line of the instructions will be, "wait for the next update," lol.

Best Answer
Exactly!! The question is whether Fitbit will listen to all the feedback and rethink the update? How they respond will provide a clear indication of how customer centric they are. Let’s see....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Interface is horrible and I no longer can tell my protein intake since it only gives in % instead of gram ... 

Best Answer

Yea come on, revert back, hate this...

Best Answer

I HATE (and I do not use that word lightly) the new interface!  I need to know the actual grams of carbs and protein I consume each day.  The new look does not allow that.  The current set up of the food log is absolutely useless to me!

Best Answer

I absolutely hate this new logging interface.... can we please, please, please get the old one back?!?!?!

Best Answer

I so hate this 'upgrade', more like a 'downgrade'.  I will be looking at other products, if it stays like this.

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

Terrible update! Complaint logged with customer service.

Best Answer