Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help syncing my new Zip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't know why I had to change from my old pedometer to the Fitbit Zip but I guess my Humana insurance didn't like receiving mail regarding my steps since they would no longer accommodate my former pedometer.

Now, at  age 77 this technology is getting beyond me.  I set everything up according to the setup instructions, but nothing will sync to your website and when I check my settings I found that I do not have Bluetooth on my desktop computer, using Windows 10 Pro.  So, how do I either get Bluetooth or how do I track my steps since I was forced to change pedometers.  I  did  choose to share my step information Fitbit has to my Humana information.  

After several  days of  trying to get everything to jive, I am about ready to say forget it and go back to living a peaceful life, step count or none.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
38 REPLIES 38

Hi guys, hope you're having a good day.

@Maria2018 Thanks for sharing this information, we're glad to hear that you're back on track.

@Shesmitty We really appreciate all the troubleshooting steps that you've done until now. Thanks for report the syncing issues that you've noticed in your phone and your friend's phone. We have escalated this issues to our support team and they are working on finding a solution, this is affecting Android phones running Version 9. We're suggesting to sync with a computer instead. Have you tried that? 

@SunsetRunner and @jkrieg  thanks for confirming that information, I wanted to let you know that this has been escalated and we're working on finding a solution. Thanks for your patience.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not tried to sync with a computer because I need it to communicate to my G360 App on my phone and have not had the time to download both apps to computer at this time. When I have a chance I will see if I can get the two apps on my computer and see that they communicate this way.  

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really getting old.....have to remove the battery every day, last removed it 3/2 and nothing has synced since then.  This  is nonsense, either  fix the problem or give me a device that will work.  I liked my old pedometer but  my insurance company made me change to this Zip contraption.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jkrieg, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you have tried some troubleshooting steps already before letting us know about this issue. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for getting back to us @Shesmitty. I'll be glad to continue assisting you. 

Please let us know when you get the chance to sync your Fitbit with your computer and I'll be glad to assist you.

Keep on visiting the forums. Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

My patience is running out, every day I have to remove the battery and reinsert to get  it syncing again.  I have arthritic hands and handling this little gizmo is hard for me.  PLUS I shouldn't even have to be doing this.  FIX THE PROBLEM!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect! That is the only thing that worked! Thank you 

Patti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting the ZIP by removing the battery is NOT an acceptable (or even useful) solution. The battery contact mechanism already is flaky and removing/reinstalling the battery daily only exacerbates an already terrible design.

I have a Fitbit Zip that has been syncing fine for over two years. In the past few weeks it has gotten to the point where I am ready to go to another tracker I do NOT have to wear on my wrist. It is driving me nuts.

Syncing is very sporadic, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Maybe it is successful once every other day.
Device is Fitbit ZIP at firmware 5.90
Fitbit App on Phone is at version 2.88
Phone hardware is LG VS501 rev 1.0, software is VS5011CA running Android 7.0 (security patch to 1/1/2019)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with your not wanting a pedometer worn on the wrist, in some instances it would just look ridiculous.  I had a fine pedometer that worked great until my insurance company dropped the program supporting it and transferred everyone to the Zip, it's been nothing but trouble since.

Best Answer

Software update last night. Now Android pie. I have galaxy s8. Zip was syncing fine before this and now I too have to remove the battery to get it to sync. I have tried all the other suggestions given. Only removing the battery works. Do something about this please. Its getting really annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an update to the app this morning, to 2.89.  No better with syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

EVERY DAY I have to remove the battery and reinsert to get the Zip to sync.....EVERY DAY EVERY DAY EVERY DAY  Please do something to get it working correctly.  It's a nuisance that I don't want to deal with on a daily basis.  I am just about ready to get rid of this gizmo, get out of this program recommended by my health insurance company, use my old pedometer and say good ridance to the  Zip and the Fitbit web site.

Best Answer

Same here. Every. Single. Day. It'll sync for about 15-20 minutes after I open the battery cover and reset it. Very frustrating...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is again, Wednesday and my zip has not synced to my account.  On top of that I can't even remove the back of it to take out the battery and reinsert it.  The little plastic black contraption won't move it, so I tried a screw driver and even that didn't work.  I am fed up, either let me go back to my old pedometer or  send me another Zip that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jkrieg I have merged all of the threads that you started on the same issue. Please do not keep cross posting about the same issue. It will not get you help any faster and simply confuses other users that might have some recommendations.

This tracker is no longer produced. However, Fitbit may have some left in stock for warranty claims. Have you contacted support to make a warranty claim?

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

@SunsetRunner Thanks for taking the time to merge all of these posts together.

@jkrieg As mentioned above, our team is looking into this situation. As soon as there is anything to share on the matter we will be letting everyone know.

@EMC1982 Thanks for letting us know that this started happening to you after the update to Android 9. Please know that this is being looked into.

@Mumpie In your case it is very possible that the situation is related to your phone,  LG VS501, 

is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone. It could be that it was working correctly but further updates on the app led to optimization issues that are causing the syncing issues.  

@AggravatedwithZ Welcome to the Forums. I'd like to ask what phone is it that you are using and what Android version is it running. Keep in mind that if it is running Android 9 it could be related to the situation that has been discussed above.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an original Pixel running Android 9. My Fitbit app was  update to v2.9 4 or 5 days ago. My ZIP as been working as advertised since. Syncs every day. I haven't done anything different. Maybe the update resolved then issue.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing those details and letting me know that it is working.

Hopefully it will continue to work without any hiccups. If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the OFFICIAL response to me from Fitbit is to either
1) Purchase a different phone
or
2) Purchase a new Fitbit device
I DON'T THINK SO, something the Fitbit did caused my ZIP to be inoperable.
(An Update with inadequate testing, an update that the full implications of which were not understood, improper design originally, whatever.  It worked well for over 2 years until Fitbit and their middle school quality programmers decided to take a chunk out of their customer base.)

I have found that, on Windows 10, with the Dongle, and the current Fitbit App, I can reasonably get it to sync without doing much beyond removing and reinserting the dongle into a USB slot.

Best Answer
0 Votes