Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Data on app and dasboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/30/2019: Most missing data affected by the aforementioned issue has been restored, and should be visible in your account as normal. We believe that a small amount of data synced during the issue (Nov 29 3:40 PM - 9:00 PM PST) is still unavailable and are investigating recovery options.

Update 11/29/2019: This issue has been corrected, so no additional users will be affected. We are still working to determine whether the missing data can be restored. Thanks again for your patience while we work on this.

Hi Everyone- I've merged severaly threads together. We're aware that some users may see missing account data, including steps, sleep, and logged activities. We are investigating these reports and will provide an update once we have more information. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update 11/30/2019:  Most missing data affected by the aforementioned issue has been restored, and should be visible in your account as normal. We believe that a small amount of data synced during the issue (Nov 29 3:40 PM - 9:00 PM PST) is still unavailable and are investigating recovery options.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

I just synced my Fitbit to my iPhone 7, and according the app, all my steps from the last month have been erased. The only steps I have are from today. What happened? Help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex has justed deleted all my step history. How can I get it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing happened to me today but I was checking daily progress with an iphone 8. it was fine a few minutes before I checked (tracking everything correctly and in real time) but now it shows nothing for any previous days. I’ve restarted both my alta hr and my phone, logged in and out of the app, and checking my online profile, all with nothing being fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the midst of a workweek challenge, my Fitbit charge 2 cleared to all zeros. I tried to restart my phone, unpaired and painted the tracker to the app. I am extremely upset and want my steps back!

Best Answer

Can you see history for other fields?

Often when history seems to be gone, it is from logging into a different account.  Make sure you are logged in to the same account/email as usual.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All step counts from previous days has disappeared , from both my phone and my computer . 

Best Answer
Yes I am still logged in as usual. Noticed that it now says I joined fitbit
on 1 Jan 2017 but I actually started 1 Jan 2015. My steps for yesterday (29
Nov) are still there but everything else is gone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had history back to beginning of September - gone. Noticed it on the app on my phone, so I logged into the dashboard. My steps for today are still present, but ALL other history - gone. WTH.!!

Best Answer

Mine just did the same thing. I have had my Fitbit for 6 months and all my heart rate and sleep data have disappeared. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was fine this morning.  Now all my steps and sleep data incomplete for the past several days.  Synced several times logged out/in went online.  Very peculiar data that was ther this morning is now just not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went for a run earlier, all was fine, and all exercise tracked prior has been tracked just perfectly normal as before, until this afternoon! And now it’s effecting what my Fitbit tracker says. So when I go to the app, it’ll briefly show “4 of 7 days” of exercise done, but then will disappear as if no exercise has been performed this week. Then tap on the exercise tab itself and it’ll say I burned SIGNIFICANTLY less (30 cals for a 4 mi run, yeah I don’t think so, when I average 330-380), and zero steps taken for an exercise. Is this an issue with the app?? Hoping someone can clarify this. Deleted the app, reinstalled it, restarted my phone, the whole 9 yards, nothing has worked to make it operate back to normal. HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This literally just happened to me to at the exact same time.

all my steps, caps, miles, active minutes have been completely deleted since 2016 but my logged sleep, exercises etc are still there.

i hope this can be fixed otherwise all my work for the past 2 years was for nothing 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me too at the exact same time. Looking in other forums it’s happened to quite a few people. Hopefully this gets fixed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now today's steps are gone too . 

Best Answer

WHen I just synched my Fitbit a few minutes ago the Dashboard does not register anything I did before about 4 pm this afternoon.  However, it still has the correct total steps of over 21,000,000 and total flights of over 43,000 even though the daily/weekly/yearly activity log on the Dashboard shows nothing but my activity this afternoon.

What's up with THAT!

Best Answer

Same here - last two dats sync’d / but prior all been set to zero...

FITBIT - what are you doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

All my historical data just vanished at 3:00 today. What’s going on?

Best Answer

The exact thing just happened to me. I just synced my Charge 2 and everything before 8 am today is gone. I went to look at my steps for the last year and watched them delete except for the 12,000 I took today. I just got a Versa in the mail today and I haven't turned the thing on yet. I was going to sync one last time before I started the set-up and then everything was gone. My computer dashboard shows the same thing. 

Best Answer

I lost my steps for the past week and my history. How can I get them back?

Best Answer
0 Votes