Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My step streak was reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I lost my 195 day step streak why? I now have a 4 day streak?? My versa 2 didn’t sync 1 day? I want it back please 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Wow, you had a 450 day step streak, that is absolutely fantastic. Sorry it was lost, but what an achievement.

Well done you! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Best Answer

Hi guys. Does anyone know how to start a petition? I think there should be one for getting the streak feature fixed. All the other smart trackers have it. It would be hugely motivating for me.

Best Answer

Hi, you have merged my new topic I started under a topic that says it is answered when the topic is not answered. The answer offers no help at all. You guys were “fixing” this issue since October.

Best Answer

I lost a 327 day streak. I have been taking screen shots along the way and do many people cheering me on to complete a full year. When my last fit bit died I rushed out to buy a new one the same day and clock an additional 5,000 steps to ensure I hit 10,000 on the new device.   Completely devastated I won’t be able to send a screenshot showing 365 day streak to my support group.  How can this not be adjusted!?

Best Answer

I too echo all of these replies. Today will be my 1,358th step streak day, yet my Fitbit tells me it's only my 500th. Yet, when I login to my dashboard and sort the activity data, it verifies what I already know. It's unfortunate that this can't be resolved or doesn't seem to be a priority. It's nice to have your device remind you of just how far you've come. It would be also nice if it would actually sync with what the data history in dashboard confirms. Crazy that it's not. Why else would we invest in a smart watch if the data isn't entirely accurate?

In the meantime, I'll keep giving thanks for every step and will find solace knowing I am not the only one experiencing this. Let's go FitBit! Let's get this fixed.

Best Answer

How many years has this been going on and they haven’t bothered fixing it? (Came here because my two year step streak is now at seven days.)

It’s a pretty easy fix, just have a command that rips through the daily count and refigures it (like “if todayscount >= 10000 stepcount++, go back one day and repeat until todayscount < 10000) so they obviously just don’t care.

Best Answer
  • Oh I am saddened to read this hasn’t been fixed !!!!  I this just happened to me. I was on 589 day streak and it set me back to four last night when I synced.  What ?!?  How is it not smart enough to read the days 
Best Answer

Hi this issue continues to get more votes and replies. Could this problem be moved up in the queue so it it can get resolved. It seems pretty simple, how many days in a row has a person hit there step goal. 

help

Best Answer

Took a firmware update on my Sense.  It set my 220 day streak back to 4.  Anyone else notice a relationship between firmware updates and losing the step streak?

They really need to fix this.  It is one of my main motivators.

Best Answer
No I haven’t noticed that. But this problem has been around for over a year
and many people have said they have the same problem and have voted for
fixes. But I think since google purchased Fitbit last year they are not
doing too much development or fixes for Fitbit.
Best Answer

I was currently on day number 110 which is a huge deal for me my previous amount was a week but I have been going hard for a streak sometimes going for walks in the dark just to keep my streak and it reset to 4 the other day and I have been in here looking to figure out how to fix it and so upset that it seems like I’m out of luck. Thinking I should have got a different product 😢

Best Answer

Just happened to me. I had 684 days and today it said 5 days. Feel like everyone else. It was such a cool motivator and even though we can calculate and track in the dashboard. It is such a downer not to see it in the app. Like others have said, then they should let us remove it. 

Best Answer

Hi Heather. First of all good on you for keeping your streak going!! I ended up just buying a  different watch that isnt fitbit because the streak feature is really important to me "

Best Answer

This happened to me also, I had 217 days, hit my goals every day still and it reset to 4 days.  The app shows 10K plus every days, yet my streak is gone.  How can I get credit for being at the right streak?  Can this be fixed?

Best Answer
Sadly, no one at fitbit seems to care about this since they haven't done
anything to fix it yet. I won't be getting another fitbit when I replace
mine.
Best Answer

This is small in the scheme of life but such a disappointment!  I was on 589 day streak and got set back to 4 days.  I still have all my "stars" so it is an app issued.    I called support last week and someone was supposed to email me back.  They didn't.  I called today and finally got someone and my call got disconnected.  They didn't call me back.  I called AGAIN and talked to someone who really didn't completely get the issue until I reiterated it in multiple different ways.  To my dismay, this is the email I received on the issue tonight (see below).

How is this an answer???  What help is it giving.  Do better FB.  

Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us.
We apologise for all these issues, nontheless, the information recorded for those 4 days, Steps - 5000 days streak, is not possible to recover. 

XXXXXX, remember we're here to help you with any questions you may have. We will be waiting for any update on your case.

If you have additional questions about your Fitbit device o service, visit help.fitbit.com.

Thank you for being part of our Fitbit family!

Sincerely,

bport and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

This happened to me too, I didn’t think about the update effecting it, but it may have.  I was so mad I’ve been working so hard to reach my goal and was almost at 200 😩

Best Answer

I would have hit 500 days next week and I realized this morning that my stats reset when I updated my device last week and I'm now down to 7.  So infuriating to see that they aren't doing anything to fix this issue!

Best Answer

I was at over 700 days and then suddenly lost my streak. When I scrolled back there is now a day last November 2021 that the app now says I missed. I’m not sure how one day I could be at 717 and the suddenly the counts get revised from 9 months ago? Unless this gets fixed this is my last Fitbit ever 

Best Answer
I said something similar about this being my last Fitbit since they refuse to fix this “bug” - even after hundreds of complaints about it. I was sent an e-mail saying my post was “inappropriate” and being removed from the thread. Curious if they do the same with yours.
Best Answer