Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My step streak was reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I lost my 195 day step streak why? I now have a 4 day streak?? My versa 2 didn’t sync 1 day? I want it back please 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

AWFUL! 😞 

Best Answer

I responded back to this email and said this is very disappointing.  Please escalate this request. I have heard nothing.

Best Answer

It makes no sense!!!  How could you miss a day 8 months later?  Ugh.  I feel your pain.

Best Answer

I haven't received anything.  Nor have I received a response from my reply to the email requesting that it is escalated.  If they would add something in the App where we could manually edit our streak when this happens - no issue!  Soo frustrating.    They are  a big enough company that they could make this change.    The flip is then don't even give us a streak if it isn't going to be accurate.  

Best Answer

My wife just lost her streak at 358 days and she was shooting for 365 days. A whole years worth of daily walks, watching the number climb. It was such a motivation for her. This was a year long journey and we were planning a few screenshots and a little celebration when she hit a full year. She’s crushed and is on the edge of tears. This has to be the simplest issue to fix as you are only calculating rows of data that already exist in a database and yet that functionality wasn’t written into the app. Huge oversight on the database design side and such a massive disappointment to see that there is no fix for this. It honestly has us searching for alternatives to dump Fitbit products for another vendor. 

Best Answer

Same issue for me when approaching 365 days. I’m done with Fitbit. Going to order an Iwatch as Fitbit refuse to implement a simple fix. Disgusting treatment of a loyal customer for 6 years .

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Can you explain in more detail how you can see your streak by logging into the dashboard? I poked around by can’t figure it out.  I’m a week out from 1 year of 10,000 steps and would like to actually see something saying I hit it. My stupid watch says 4 days… So ridiculous that Fitbit can’t provide this simple fix. Thanks for any clarification you can provide. 

Best Answer

wow now that is as dumb as it gets. It already stole everyones motivation.

Best Answer

Well, something happened because my step streak came back to 721 days. I hope everyone else is getting their streaks back too.

Best Answer

I just lost a 600+ streak and went online to get it back. Hard to know what is more frustrating when I learned that: 1. This happened; 2. Fitbit has known about for a year and hasn’t fixed it; 3. The response is just inane comments by Fitbit that take zero responsibility for their problem and make no attempt to explain why this is happening. When a company fails like this, it’s time to move on. No more Fitbits for me.

Best Answer

Just happened to me AGAIN too! This time I lost a 78 day streak. This just keeps happening over and over. Saturday I had over 10,000 steps but now it shows just 9,986. Where did they go and why? 

Best Answer

What watch I’m switching 

Best Answer

Looks like a lot of us got the 4 day reset -

this is my last fit bit - I can look back and see since 12/22/21 I have been over 10,000 steps per day but first rest was to 4 days and now I’m back to 9 no idea what but the program for tracking streaks needs to be rewritten - can’t be that hard - data is there just not being used - or they need to let us correct it when it resets by entering a date.

Best Answer

I have not missed 10,000 steps in nearly four years; yet, my step streak is at 8!!! The streak has reset dozens of times! I am thinking I will buy an Apple Watch after my Versa dies. 

Best Answer

I had a streak of 9 on Sunday and on Monday it was a streak of 4 - yet i have not missed a day since 12/22/21 - it seems the reset at 4 is very common making it seem like a bug - and not sure that fitbit cares.  It can't be that hard to fix that and if it is then they need to get new programers.  I will not be buying another Fit Bit, I have had to rebuy the charging cable for my Sense several times due to the faulty design.  It is not what it use to be.

Best Answer

With so many of us saying saying we will buy elsewhere - does anyone have an alternate brand they would recommend?  

I am looking for something in the $140 or under range ideally.  Don't need all the bells and whistles of an apple product (or the $$ that goes with them).

Thanks!

Best Answer

When I mentioned the new brand of watch i got my post was deleted & they said i was advertising another brand….

Best Answer
Not surprised. I was kinda baiting the hook a bit. Shows they are monitoring, but not caring enough to fix the bug . . .
Best Answer

Well - this is extremely disheartening.  Those of us that have had streaks know the perseverance it took to get them!  I did receive a response back from them - see below.    It didn't help in any way.  I asked again if it can be escalated.  I am not sure they truly understand my issue.  It is NOT LOST.   I still have my stars for every day.  The streak simply reset.    Will post again if I hear back.

Hello XXXXXX,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us.
We apologise for all issues that you have, nonetheless, the information that was lost is not possible to recover.

XXXXX, remember we're here to help you with any questions you may have. We will be waiting for any update on your case.

If you have additional questions about your Fitbit device o service, visit help.fitbit.com.

Thank you for being part of our Fitbit family!

Sincerely,

bport and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

So sorry to read this!  I would be at over 600 days now but show a measly 20.  I feel her pain 😞 

Best Answer