Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Hourly activity goal issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Update 06/15/17: Engineers are actively working on this issue, and we hope to update you with good news soon.

Update 05/15/17: One fix caused another issue. This issue is not resolved and engineers are actively working on getting it fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort this out!

Update 05/09/17: This issue should now be resolved, and is a retroactive fix, so if you go backwards in your hourly activity graph, the correct dots should be filled in. Thanks so much for your patience!

Update 4/18/17: Engineers are still looking into a couple of complicated Hourly Activity Goal issues. Here are the issues we're aware of:

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the mobile app (iOS/Android/Windows) and Charge 2 or Blaze

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the fitbit.com desktop and Charge 2 or Blaze

If you're experiencing the above issues, please know our engineers are aware and working on this and we'll update you when we have anything to share. 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317

I'm still having this issue.  My charge 2 says "10 of 10" while the app on my iPhone shows "9 of 10".  Missing the 12-1:00 hour.  This happens on a pretty regular basis.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it (but from the cloud).  Would that make a difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still experiencing the same problem. Charge2 showed 10 of 11 hours completed yesterday but app showed 9 of 11 hours and the same occurred last week.

Fitbit just don't care and this has been a problem for over a year according to these posts. 

Will not recommend Fitbit to anyone. 

Initially I had a Charger which fell apart and the replacement constantly had problems updating the app. 

Now the Charge2 fails to update the app correctly and doesn't always count steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not resolved for me. I've had my Charge 2 for a month now and this issue is a common occurrence. I will know I've walked at least 250 steps every hour, my Charge 2 will confirm it, but Fitbit app will always leave off 1-4 hours. The app is off by 1 hour so far today (see pic). I've done the basic troubleshooting (restart app, delete and reinstall app).IMG_0049.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
So frustrating! Now the daily exercise isn't recording!!! Run for 30 minutes and it doesn't show after syncing. Beyond annoying, especially during challenges. Anyone else have this problem? It happens at least once a week on my Blaze.

Jane Prancan
Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem still exists on my android app.

Any help please ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working. Hadn't worked for days now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my charge 2 and have updated both my tracker and the app to the latest version. I am also experiencing the issue. My tracker shows 8 of 9 hours but my app shows 9 of 9 hours. It seems that the issue is not fixed yet. Please look into this issue. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Below please find the statistics from my app and tracker, respectively. As shown, he tracker fails to record the 12 pm activity. I have tried restarting the app. @CallieM

Image1.pngtracker.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, it's been working fine for me until I did an update this morning. Now, I'm losing steps after they show up. I wish this would work right all the time, love it when it does, hate it when it doesn't.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, it's been working fine for me until I did an update this morning. Now, I'm losing steps after they show up. I wish this would work right all the time, love it when it does, hate it when it doesn't.
Best Answer

Need to change this thread name to NOT RESOLVED. C'mon FITBIT!  

The only way to get the app to give you credit for this hour is to continue to get more steps beyond 250.  Frustrating if you have limited time to get your steps in for the hour. If it's a 250 step goal, it should be 250 steps.

Wish someone at FitBit would fix this (which doesn't mean telling us to reboot, update, reinstall, etc.).  

IMG_0063.JPG

Best Answer

Nope not fixed. I just bought the Alta for this feature alone. Had a One, then decided I wanted to track heart rate so I got a Charge HR. That was fine for awhile, but I then had irritation on my wrist from the band, and didn't care so much about the heart rate readings, so I went back to the One. But really really wanted a reminder to get off my butt during office hours. Followed the thread asking for this for YEARS. Finally heard there were some new models that would have this feature. I chose the Alta because I could detach it from the band -- so I didn't have to worry about that wrist rash. Bought a third-party clip holder and voila! I was clipping it to my bras just like my One. Perfect, discreet little nudges were moments away. Or so  I thought. Yesterday, my first day with the Alta, I had some uneven successes getting the reminders to work, and then getting those 250+ does to turn red. But by the end of the day all seemed to be doing well. Until I woke up this morning. Now I only have one red dot at 9am, for today, yesterday, and every previous day. I've researched these threads and tried every "fix," from restarting the Alta, restarting my phone, pairing and unpairing, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and on and on and on. Nothing had worked. I've wasted hours and hours of my precious time. SO frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still experiencing this issue. Watch shows that I completed steps for 6 hours, app only showing 5, even after restart of watch, uninstall and reinstall of app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

my charge 2 isn't syncing the hourly activity correctly. On the wristband it shows 10 of 11 for to day and the app shows only 9. I have tried all the solutions posted and it doesn't resolve the issue. I have done the restarting process and when it didn't work I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. But it still hasn't resolved this issue. What should I do? 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Lott

IMG_2907.JPG

IMG_2908.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well you say that it is fixed and I am still having the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get this fix?  My Charge 2 says I'm 5 for 5 so far today (which is correct).  The app says I missed an hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not fixed.  The confusion comes from the admins changing the thread name to RESOLVED which is confusing everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I resolved this issue myself by abandoning my FitBit Blaze and buying an
Apple Watch. Problem solved and all is working as it should. I'm only
sorry that I spent the money on the Blaze and hope to sell it used.

That being said, I am surprised that no one from FitBit has weighed in on
this thread. They used to be pretty vigilant in their attention and
positive support. Not sure what happened!
Best Answer
I'm done. I'm going to sell my fitbit on craigslist and submit one-star
review on amazon.
Best Answer