Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Issues following Daylight Saving change (November 1, 2020)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit didn't change off of daylight savings time. How do I get correct time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected by the Daylight Saving time change. Please restart your phone to make sure the time is correct, and then manually sync your device.

If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, we expect that they will be resolved after the next midnight reset.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
92 REPLIES 92

How do you change the time on the charge 4. Did not change to standard time.

Best Answer

Under advance settings you have to reselect the time zone you're in. Then sync.

Mine updated to new time after this. 

Best Answer

Mine did automatically.  In you go to advanced settings under your profile picture, do you have the Automatic Time Zone feature flipped on?

Best Answer

Fitbit did not change with time

Best Answer

synced fitbit as usual. time did not update to reflect daylight savings time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click profile picture, go to Automatic Settings, choose automatic time zone or unclick that & choose your time zone, then sync. (If I got that wrong,  just google how to reset time on Fitbit - it worked for me!)

Best Answer

The time did not change to standard time. How can I do that. It should do it automatically. I never had that trouble before. It changed automatically.

Best Answer

Same trouble here. Wonder what's going on!?!?

Donna 

Best Answer

Thank you.  I missed that in set up when I switched to the charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. No idea how to fix.

Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer

Found a fix!

• Open phone app
  • Select Account (upper left corner)
  • Scroll down and select Advanced Settings
  • Make sure Automatic Time Zone is enabled.
Best Answer

Thanks, BobT3. I never found the Auto Time Zone enabling thing on my phone app, but just going from the phone app, select account, and clicking on the Charge 3 then sync'ing from there, fixed the problem.  

I had tried sync'ing from the main page, like one does to get an update on the steps, to no avail. But syncing from the Charge 3's account did the trick.

Donna 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Found it thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MsPatH  try syncing a few times. Mine changed - Android 9. You can manually sync, too.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgive me, but where exactly is Advanced Settings? I feel like I've looked everywhere & still no update to the correct time.

Best Answer

If you don't have your automatic time zone on it won't automatically change. You should be able to check if its on by going to you advanced setting page.

Best Answer
Upgrade Fitbit so that sleep logs actually account for daylight savings time starting and ending.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! It worked.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes