Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Issues following Daylight Saving change (November 1, 2020)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit didn't change off of daylight savings time. How do I get correct time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected by the Daylight Saving time change. Please restart your phone to make sure the time is correct, and then manually sync your device.

If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, we expect that they will be resolved after the next midnight reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2 will not change to daylight savings time. Cannot figure how to change it manually with fitbit ap. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Ammawb,

Thank you for you prompt reply.  After over two hours trying to figure out how to update the time on my Fitbit - unsuccessfully, on my own,  I was finally able to get Montecar to communicate via ‘chat’ by using the <my help.fitbit.com>.  It was a very slow and tedious manual process and only getting schedules of when someone can assist (Monday 4:00AM to 9:00PM EST), it finally got resolved.  I don’t recall having to update the daylight savings time manually in the past.  Is Fitbit ‘not’ updating the times automatically?  It was not a friendly way to update my Versa 2.  All my other devices updated automatically.  Perhaps Fitbit will find a way to make this feature much easier to update before the next daylight savings.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to the community and have a question. My fitbit Versa Lite is not keeping the correct time. I've followed the instructions to reset the time, and it corrected the problem for a day, but now is off again. Also, it didn't adjust for Daylight Savings time. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. 

Ever since the latest software update, I've had to fight hard with this thing to get it to sync, and now it's not even keeping time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had automatic time zone on, and it still didn't change. In fact, it dropped 3 hours behind and stopped keeping up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @edwinsdad, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 isn't showing the correct time after Daylight Saves.

Please note the time on your Fitbit device may be wrong after you travel to a different time zone or when clocks change for Daylight Savings. Sync your Fitbit device to see the correct time. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

If the issue persists, please restart your watch and then try syncing again. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem. I have synced repeatedly, turned off an on, checked time zone settings - all to no avail. 

Can this be rectified?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 4 is still showing time before daylight savings time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Bragg60 , welcome to the community, may I suggest you review How do I change the time on my Fitbit device? it will provide the advice you need to adjust the time on your charge 4.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed these instructions, did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After daylight savings time, my Fitbit doesn't have the right time.  I went into the app and updated the software and it still won't.  Very annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. It will sync, and all other information is updated and fine, but the time will not change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked - kinda. When I went into 'advanced settings' in the fitbit app I found a setting for 'automatic time zone / use network provided time' that was unset for me. I checked that and also check the 'automatic location' option (optimistic that we will ever travel again). 

Then I synced the charge 3 from the phone app and that fixed it.

Note that the 'select time zone' options are currently inaccurate - it says that Pacific Time is GMT -07:00 - that is wrong, Pacific time is currently GMT -08:00 (ie. 7pm GMT is 11am Pacific Time since we are no longer on daylight savings). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the fitbit app on your phone - click your account icon on the very top left, scroll down to 'advanced settings', second from the bottom (at least on android)

Best Answer
0 Votes

The time on my versa 2 wont change to correct time after charging it....rebooted Fitbit app and still wont change...anyone know what I need to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After time change My clock won't show correct time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @summerp open your fitbit app. Tap in the top left for settings. Find advanced settings and check the timezone and location. 

Let the tracker sync. 

Best Answer

@Marcrow You can't manually set the time, but it should reset itself whenever it syncs to your phone based on the time on that device. Does your fitbit seem to be syncing ok?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to account settings . Than advanced settings and change time zone or chose to sync with phone

Best Answer