Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Issues following Daylight Saving change (November 1, 2020)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit didn't change off of daylight savings time. How do I get correct time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Whew!  Yes, thank you!  That did it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I both had incorrect sleep data analysis this am after the Daylight Savings switch last night. This seems odd given the iPhone adjusts the correct time automatically. Fitbit (Charge 3) did not. It read hours of sleep from 22:32 - 4:38 with a sleep score of 89 and all the analysis as usual. When I adjusted the sleep log to correct it - hours of sleep = 22:32 - 5:38 - The log now reads that I had 3 hours, 59 mins of sleep (?!). And the analysis that was there this morning is all gone and it says there's insufficient data. Why? All the data should be there in the Fitbit. Also, cannot it not add properly? The hours of sleep were clearly just over 7, not just under 5... 

Best Answer

Thanks BobT3, you explained it perfectly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I never would looked there

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JaySCee wrote:

So far none of the suggested fixes have worked for me.  Any suggestions?

I had to resync after turning on the auto time, I also turned on auto location.🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is making me crazy too!  I always have my 250 stpes to start at 5am and end at 6pm.  I am unable to set it even though I have reset my Fitbit and restarted my phone.  I chatted online with a help person and it didn't help.  Meanwhile, I am not getting credit for my hourly steps AND my notifications aren't coming through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine updated the time but it didn't compute my sleep hours correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I've been working at this all day. Nothing like a simple solution. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Connect to a charger and hold all 3 buttons in until the logo appears. Immediately let go of the bottom right button, holding the top right and back buttons in until it vibrates.

Still issues? Contact support and use your warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the mix. I restarted my Versa three times. Nothing. Went to the Google play store and saw there was an app update. Figured that would do it. Nope. Restarted my phone to see if that would do anything, even though the time was already updated there. Nope. I saw someone else uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. What's up Fitbit?

Best Answer

how do i update my sleep log

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help to change the hour on mine too.  Anyone know how?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help on this subject too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa lite as well.. time changed on my app. But not my Fitbit .. frustrating 🤨

Best Answer
0 Votes

VERSA 2 though...I updated to the new 'vote' watch face; my husband did not and his time changed automatically on his Versa 2 but mine did not.

Best Answer

Same issue here.  I found an old thread from 2017 and apparently every year there are DST related issues 🙄 Some of the people commenting in that thread had the issues resolve overnight on a going forward basis so fingers crossed that happens for us too!

Best Answer

Yep - i have this problem every year, and reallu just came her to look and see if they ever made a fix for it - i cant remember how i fixed it the other times...  but its an issue every spring forward AND Fall Back...  😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Coincidentally (or not) last night was daylight savings time (fall back). I suspect this was not tested by the developers. Workaround (from 2018 post) suggested edit sleep log and change either start time or end time. App then “recalculated” and zeros went away. If problem persists then it’s not related to daylight savings time. Does developer monitor these posts?  Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2 did not update with daylight saving time.  I see this was a problem in the spring and none of the fixes work. Fitbit, what's your resolution?  Spunds like this is a repetitive issue- you need to fix it !

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, the end of daylight saving time is the best night of the year, because I take that extra hour in bed. And every year, fitbit can't manage to record my wonderful night's sleep correctly, due to the time change. This morning, as usual, I had to correct my time to bed and time to wake (literally, the alarm goes off at 4:45 and every morning, the sleep record says I woke up at 4:43) and no sleep stages. Would it really be that hard to just be time agnostic and record a sleep as it passes?

Best Answer
0 Votes