Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 5/14/2018: Dashboard tiles missing on Internet Explorer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/14/2018: this issue was resolved. You may need to refresh your browser if you haven't already. We know this was not an ideal situation. Thanks for your patience over the past two weeks and for those who used an unpreferred browser.

Update 5/11/2018: Thanks again for your patience and reports. We know this is not convenient and anticipate having a resolution to this issue. Please stay tuned for the next update. 

Update 5/4/2018: Thanks for your continued patience as we work on this issue. Since this appears to only happen on IE and other users have reported that using another browser corrects the issue, I suggest using another browser as a temporary workaround only in the interim. Thanks again for your reports. I'll continue to update the thread as I hear more. 

Update 5/2/2018: Thanks again for your reports and for calling out that this appears to be associated with Internet Explorer. Our team is still working on a fix and I'll continue to update the thread as I learn more. In the meantime, I do suggest trying an alternative browser (Chrome, Firefox) or mobile device. Thanks very much for your patience. 

Update 4/28/2018: Our team is aware that some may not be able to see any of their tiles when viewing the Fitbit.com dashboard. We are working to resolve the issue and suggest trying again later. Thanks very much for your patience. 

If you have access to the mobile app, we suggest trying to view your data there in the meantime. 

moderator note: threads have been merged together

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
420 REPLIES 420

@KateFitbit

"I'll continue to update the thread as I learn more"

But what have you learnt?  Each update has only thanked us for our patience and makes the comment that you anticipate having a resolution to this issue.

This issue started on 26 April and we have not been actually told anything.

Best Answer

@Mark5551

I doubt if leaving messages on the Investor Relations number would do much good.  They would most likely be a team negotiating new investment money for Fitbit, not about caring whether the product has broken down.

The sad part of all this is all of us are historical sales.  Past event.  Large corporates, Fitbit included, are driven by new sales, hence the continuous onslaught of new products hitting the market.  Investors, current and new, are only interested in the Rate of Return on their investment.  If sales are up, so is Rate of Return.  It is irrelevant that past products are not working.

Best Answer

@JenWNZthis is so true similar to what i was trying to mention in my post - but the issues are not to do with devices that they are pushing out but our own data that we should have easy access to without having to jump through hoops.

with the time being taken to fix this dashboard error they are relying on patience - i dont know of any other service that this would be accepted - i will prob get pounced on for going off subject but you wouldnt take a car into a garage tell them the problem then wait over 2 weeks for them to acknowledge the fault and then fix it or for the garage to say use a bike while we explore the options

if they had to compensate us all for the time taken i am sure the fixes would be quicker

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@ashwolve  I was alluding to the fact that Fitbit's emphasis is on new products because those are where new sales come from.  While their emphasis is on that area they are not fixing problems that we have. 

I agree that we should not have to jump through hoops to get our data.  The very purpose of wearing a Fitbit device is the data we can retrieve.  I cannot get my data.  IE doesn't work and Google Chrome doesn't work. And Fitbit managed to stop the weekly reports as well.  My device is rendered absolutely useless until this issue is fixed.

In any other corporation heads would roll over something like this.  This sort of error should not have happened in the first place and once the culprit who caused the error was found they would be fired. 

Best Answer

Hi Kate, "We anticipate having  resolution to this issue" or in other words 'we are not going to leave it broken forever'. This is hardly instilling confidence in the ability of Fitbit and the development team who have not only been unable to fix the issue for 2 weeks but also unable to communicate or commit to a timeline for the resolution. I would think at this point an apology from your head of development is a minimum we shouldexpect, if he is still in a job that it is ?? What's is FitBits view on how they have handled this 2 week outage for IE users ?

Best Answer

JenWNZ You are so correct in all your posts that I have nothing further to add.

Any of you that are Amazon customers might consider adding your review of FitBit devices on Amazon so that future buyers may know what will be in store for them when their FitBit becomes a legacy product.

Best Answer

Hi everyone- This should be resolved soon. We avoid timelines and specific dates to not set up expectations in case the resolution doesn't go as planned. I've posted only to make you aware that is being worked on and a resolution is coming. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JimandHelen, I went to Amazon and tried to review the Charge 2 that I bought there in 2016. As soon as I gave it a 2-star rating, this message was displayed:

Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product.

This product currently has limitations on submitting reviews. This may be because we detected unusual review behavior on this product, or to maintain the best possible shopping experience. For more details, see the Customer Reviews Guidelines.

Why am I not surprised.

I was able to review the two Charge HR's and two One's that I have purchased at Amazon, with a mention of the protracted outages and poor support response for Fitbit.com (web) dashboard and activity groups. Unfortunately, Charge HR and 'One' are discontinued items and another review among 1000's probably has limited impact.
Best Answer

Starting having the same issue last week.  Dashboard is black and blank. Using IE 11 but never had an issue until last week.  Hopefully this will get repaired soon. Woman Sad

Best Answer

Well, you tried and did what you could and that's all any of us can do.

Best Answer

This problem has persisted for over two weeks, which is totally unacceptable.  I don't care what KateFitbit says - they're not working on it.  I found this recent review at techradar:  https://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/best-fitbit-which-is-right-for-you-1322700

I emailed the problem to the author, James Peckham in the hope that he would do a public article that might get Fitbit to take this more seriously.  We'll see what happens. 

Best Answer

@KateFitbit Soon?  Today it has been 18 days. I'm not criticising you Kate, I'm criticising the system you work for.  When you make the comment "in case the resolution doesn't go as planned" you sound like "they" are fumbling in the dark.. not knowing what the problem is.. 

I would prefer being giving a timeline and "expected" date rather being kept totally in the dark over what is happening. I think that is my right as a consumer of one of your products.

When something goes wrong with a product the user should be informed.  If there was a power outage the power company informs their customers and gives them an expected time of return to normal supply.  If I took my computer to a repair shop and after 18 days they were saying what you were saying?  My computer would have been uplifted by me and taken to another shop well before 18 days.

I think we all deserve more.

Best Answer

Face it people, "fixing" this "problem" is not a priority for fitbit.

Is it really a problem? From their perspective, it isn't. As a previous poster has stated, new sales are still coming in. The issue that we are all having is with one browser - the WRONG browser. When ignored for long enough, this will result in users moving to a "all the better to track you with" browser. The complaints about the problem and how long its taking to fix are being posted here on a closed forum - potential new customers can't see it, and their decision to buy isn't being affected.

This whole thing is really our fault for choosing the wrong browser. We only think we don't want a different browser or smartphone rather than PC. We don't know what we want, but fortunately the software engineers do. Please spare a thought for them as they persevere in ignoring our requests to make things right and drag us kicking and screaming to their vision of how we should use their product .

The customer is always wrong (and stupid).

Best Answer

My feeling is if they don't fix this, i will go with another tracker.

this is not the first problem i have had with fitbit.

Best Answer
I guess we need to start posting on Facebook or something. Maybe THEN we will get their attention after potential customers read all the negative comments.

Sent from my ASUS Pad
Best Answer

Happy Mother's Day! 

Sorry but the lack of Dashboard tiles makes the value of my Fitbit less.  My husband has already converted to a Garmin tracker.  Very nice.  Garmin has wonderful golf trackers as well - not that they help my shots but at least I know where I am.  I have tried to stay with Fitbit but it is becoming more cumbersome.  Timeliness of resolving problems for any product, regardless of the company, should be the #1 priority for management - ahead of any new products or marketing programs!  Word does spread and lack of responsiveness will come back and bite the company.  Don't care how good the next "new" product is.  Not worth buying then!  Hope and faith.

Best Answer

Screen is still blank.

Best Answer

same problem , 3 calls to support still not working over 2 weeks  ,losing patience

Best Answer

You can say a resolution is coming but you have had several weeks now. That is way more time than a resolution should take.

I got a fitbit to track my physical activity. An activity tracker is something you can use to help you reach your fitness goals. The tool I use is the dashboard and it has been blank for several weeks now. While I had previously recommended fitbit to family and friends, I will no longer do so. I am switching. Your customer service is terrible.

Best Answer
There is good customer service, poor customer service and no customer service. They have the latter.
Best Answer