Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All lights are blinking but Flex 2 isn't charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was charging the Flex 2 to use for swimming and after charging it up overnight, all the lights are blinking with the red/pink light at the top.  It won’t respond at all when taken off the charger, just blank.  I’ve tried restarting several times, but get no vibration when connecting. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

RicardoFitbit,

If you would give me a means through which I could email you directly, I would gladly send you a short video clip of this phenomenon.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my email. Thank you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RunningLowOnPat, I've been emailing with support for over a week now.  I've shared my issue, concerns, and theories, as well as the growing scope of this issue as documented by these Community Support Boards; I even included a link to this thread.  To date, there has been no explanation given as to why my device died.  Instead, they told me it was out of warranty, and offered me a 25% discount on a new tracker as a courtesy.  I told them I found this "solution" unacceptable, given all the factors iterated above and the lack of any other preexisting issues with my device; they responded and upped my discount to 40%. 

I'm still incredibly disappointed and frustrated by all of this, and am really not sure whether I even want to continue business with a company that seems to be showing some pretty questionable practices.  There are plenty of other trackers out there with similar or expanded functionality as the Flex 2, and many (including the newer Mi Bands) that are just a fraction of the cost!

Best Answer

Dear all,

I've had contact with customer service too and first got the same advice about restarting the device. Didn't work, device is still blinking and not syncing with my smartphone. They're going to send a new device now. The difference is that I bought my Flex2 last February and therefore it is still in warrant. But as was mentioned before: a warrant shoudn't make much difference, a Flex2 should work for many years. The blinking of our devices and not syncing anymore is still a mystery to me. I hope FitBit offers you all a good solution. Good luck!

Fiona

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I have done all that you suggest and still have no resolution.

I realize this product has been discontinued, but if it’s not going to be
supported, we should be told this so we can stop wasting our time trying to
get it to work.

Thank you,
Mimnh
Best Answer

Still waiting for a Fitbit representative to contact me (and identify themself as a Fitbit representative) so I can pass along the video...

Best Answer
Thank you
Best Answer

Just to let people know, I'm yet another user who carried out the update a couple of days ago and now my Flex 2 is doing the same - Completely dead when not in it's charger and continuously flashing all lights when plugged into the charger. (and I'm not able to reset it either)

Best Answer

Same here.  I was away for most of July and left my Fitbit Flex 2 at home.  When I got home I charged it and went out for a run this morning.  When it tried to sync with the app it started flashing all lights, 4 white and one pink.  Can't reset it using the charger button.

Best Answer

I just took a look at replacement fitbits, and boy are they expensive.  Won't be buying another one if this one doesn't fix itself.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, it's a pleasure to continue providing assistance with this situation, pardon me for the delay in responding your posts.

I appreciate all the information and details that were shared in each of your posts regarding this Flex 2 situation, I'm sorry to the difficulties that are being experienced with your Fitbit devices. My best recommendation to fix this matter is to try the restart process that was shared in my previous post. You can also follow the next steps do to so:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
    User-added image

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

User-added image

If by any chance this procedure doesn't resolve your Flex 2 behavior, I suggest you guys to get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance. You contact me back too so I can create a ticket with them.  

Take in consideration that when it comes to a warranty replacement process our Support team refers to our warranty policies. . 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer

No they won't reset. They just go back to the crazy rapid blinking. I contacted support and since I am out of warranty they offered me 25% off most of their current trackers or 40% off the newest one. All well and good but it won't be the one my son gave me for Christmas. No indication that they were able to do anything to solve the problem we are experiencing nor particularly interested in finding out anything more about it. I give up. Don't really want a discount on a new tracker that would only be good for as long as the warranty lasts. 

Best Answer
Ok. I can appreciate you are just donling what you are told. But these
repeated suggestions are ineffective and do not recognize the Root Cause.
The devices failed after a software update. The devices are failing with
an identical outcome. These processes you keep sharing don't work. The
recent update has caused the Bluetooth connection or handshake to fail.
The devices are now bricks, albeit with flashing lights.

I believe at this point simply to sell us new devices. Unethical.
Best Answer

I'm afraid I agree.  I find it troublesome that the same issue is happening to multiple users, yet fitbit continues to say that this is news to them.  This is the type of issue that damages a company's reputation.  Whether or not it is a purposeful act is not the point.  If they are truly unaware, then Fitbit looks incompetent (but I can't believe they aren't aware of what is causing these problems).  If they are aware but aren't being open about it, they look guilty.  Either way it's enough to push me away as a consumer, especially given the cost of their product.  If it is an update issue, a hardware issue, or whatever else, I would rather the company be honest about what's going on.  At least then I would know that I was dealing with an honest group.  I've already purchased a cheaper alternative.  If it fails, then at least I'm only out $35 instead of $200.

Best Answer
Agreed! Having worked at the headquarters of a retail establishment, there
is no way that this many people can have the same issue and the company not
know about it. I’m sorry there is no solution being offered and will not
be spending my money on expensive Fitbit products that don’t last. My
income is not that disposable.

Thanks everyone for your input to this string of emails.

Mimnh
Best Answer

I decided to contact customer support regarding this issue, but found it very frustrating, as they kept rolling out the same line about how to charge your device.  I eventually managed to make it clear that my device was already fully charged and that the flashing light issue was purely as a result of the recent update. 

After the third or fourth email, they asked about when and where I purchased the Flex 2. 

When I confirmed the details, they replied and offered me a choice of a replacement Flex 2, or 50% discount off another type of device. I decided to opt for the direct replacement, as I didn’t particularly want any of the other current models.

I’ve now had an email saying that my replacement Flex 2 has been dispatched, so I’m just waiting for it to turn up. At least this proves that they do actually have them in stock, despite bring discontinued. 

Bottom line - stick to your guns, don’t let them steer you down the path of irrelevant things to test and check, re-iterate that it was Fitbit who ‘bricked’ the device and make it clear that you need a satisfactory answer. It took me three days and multiple emails, but it looks like I may have got there.

I do however, have to agree with others, that the attitude of Fitbit is disgusting and their refusal to acknowledge this issue says a lot about their (lack of) respect for customers. 

Best Answer
I hope the replacement one is not affected by the software upgrade. I have opted for a cheap version of z similar product and so far so hoid.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BMc_Hull was yours still under warranty? I spent almost 2 weeks emailing back and forth and never was offered a replacement. Best I got, despite clearly reiterating multiple times that the issue was a result of their update, was a 40% discount (and even then it was only because I insisted the 25% discount that originally offered was unacceptable).

Yes, my device was 2 years old and out of warranty, but it still seems completely ridiculous that they should be allowed to brick our devices without any responsibility or accountability for those actions.

Best Answer

Although I believed it was out of warranty, it turns out it had a couple of months left.

I guess that’s why Fitbit have finally agreed to replace it. 

It still doesn’t excuse them for the way they have dealt with this issue in general. 

Fitbit seem to think it’s ok to talk to all their customers as though they were idiots. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was out of warranty as well. I declined their offer of 25% off older
trackers or 40% off the newest model. I'm going to have to go to another
brand.
Best Answer
0 Votes