Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change step goal, keeps reverting to previous goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all! 

I have run into an new conundrum with my Fitbit. Whenever I try to change my step goal, it just reverts right back. 

I can go in here and change it (it’s set to 9,000 now:)

71C8C094-1211-4E6E-B954-5F7AC04591BF.png.....and then I’ll try to sync it, so it updates, and then this happens:

67EBDB48-1693-4656-85AD-1CD9695079FA.png

 .....and it just reverts right back. 

even if I don’t try to sync it, you can go in and change the goal to ANY number (have tried 500, have tried 12,000, 42, 2000, anything) and it just keeps coming right back to 9000 by default.

Should I be powering it off or something? Please help! I’m at my wits end! I’ve changed it in the past and never had this problem. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@andthroughaday Welcome to the Fitbit Family! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you changing your step goal. As you mentioned what you are doing should work to change the step goal as you have done this in the past. I suggest you log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Also make sure that the app is up to date.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. re-downloaded the app, rebooted the phone - nothing seems to work

Best Answer
0 Votes