Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit flex 2 is not counting my steps. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
70 REPLIES 70
Followed all instructions for setup. Everything functioning then.Set up for notifications on Ipad. Wont sync to phone. All functions on flex are now random ...it is a mess. Will return for refund; too many bugs....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. Received the Flex2 as a gift last Thursday and it's been working fine until now.

Wore the tracker to sleep last night; recorded sleep fine, as well as steps yesterday. Plugged the tracker in to charge since it was at about half charge and went and took a shower/got dressed. Put tracker back in wristband and went to WalMart. Wandered back and forth a bit (losing and trying to find someone in the store ups the steps count even if not intentionally, lol) as well as making at least a full circuit to get the items on my list. Came home and synced device and am now at only 748 steps. Find it incredibly hard to believe that I walked only 145 steps from parking lot into store, around store, back to car, into house, etc especially going off previous shopping trips and logging about 2k steps in similar scenarios earlier this week.

Have tried resetting the tracker 3+ times, have turned bluetooth off and back on, have restarted my phone. Steps still missing. 

Best Answer

Restarting wont bring back the lost steps. They are gone unfortunately. Restarting will hopefully see that it doesnt happen again.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Karship@1862 and @heaven13. Welcome to the Forums @heaven13.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is aware of this situation and it is being worked on. At this moment we do not have any further details or updates on the situation but we'll be sure to let everyone know whenever we do receive any news.

Thanks for your understanding. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
You may not have any updates but you do have my money and I have a useless device. Really? Hello Garmin!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Purchased my fitbit in Aug. and so far it has quit three times out of the blue....I get up one morning and it doesn't register with my iPad.Tried reboot and also let it rest for a couple of weeks or more with no results..The first time it shut down it just started back up after it rested...let the battery run out and waited for a week or so before recharging.Worked for a couple months and didn't work again.The lights still worked but no communication with iPad 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was delighted to receive a Fitbit for Christmas. It worked for four days and then my phone app stopped showing any steps. The Fitbit needed to be recharged. After recharging I still could not get the app to show any steps even though the lights and app indicate that the device is charged and connected😩 i just deletedthe device from the app and reinstalled to see if that would help. I am disappointed to have this kind of problem so soon. How can I rely on any data it shows? It could be malfunctioning and I wouldn’t know, so what is the point of having it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I restart the tracker? Is that what double-tapping it does?NEVERMIND! I kept reading more posts and found the link from Nelly that showed me how to restart it. It’s not a simple procedure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had mine since June and it only became a problem in sept or oct. I really hope they can work out the bug that creates this problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't blame you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Almost a year and when I ask customer service they said all I had to do was going into the settings and add the step counter to my main page. I’ve looked now it says it’s not available. So frustrating- I want my old flex back had no problems with that one!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I agree.

I reinstalled the Fitbit phone app a few times, which would get the app to
work briefly. But it was not able to finish synching. However, what has
solved that problem (so far... fingers crossed!) was updating my phone. I
found a list of suggestions in a message on this forum that included making
sure that my device software was updated. And sure enough, a new update was
waiting for my phone. Once I did that, the fitbit app has been working
Best Answer
0 Votes
I like your post....

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I get my Fitbit to record my steps again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Lakewood32!

Have you tried going through the steps that have been shared in this thread? If so, please let us what steps you tried.

Additionally, could you let us know exactly what is going on with your Fitbit? How is it not counting steps? Do you see anything on its screen?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit sync with my app or my computer.  I know the Bluetooth is working on both.  I felt my fit shake, when I hit my steps for the day, and all the lights light up but will not sync with either my app or computer.

still showing 0 on the app or computer

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have not worn fitbit for months.Does not work..would NOT recommend to anyone.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hey @ktrfalls, it is great to see you around more often! If the data tracked by your Flex 2 isn't transferring to your app or your computer, please restart your Flex 2 by following the instructions in this post. Then try to manually sync it and let me know if it works. 

@Mommabare, how are you today? I'd like to know something. When you say that your Flex 2 isn't working after a few months without usage, what exactly do you mean? Could you please give me some  details? If there is something that we can do to fix it, I'd like you to try that out. 😉 

Keep me posted guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I was having a similar problem and did as suggested in other posts and this one but with no success. I had already deleted the app and restarted my iPhone with no success so I tried as was suggested in another post, I deleted the app, restarted  the iPhone, and restarted the fitbit flex2 three times, and reinstallled the app, logged in and still didn't show any activity or steps correctly . So I called customer support. I was told to restart the fitbit again and open my app which I did and low and behold it showed the activity and updated the steps which it hadn't been doing correctly.. Problem solved, I guess it needed one more restart after doing as was suggested... Hope this helps somebody.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes