Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 fell out of my wrist band.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After owning two flex models, I switched to the flex 2 when it came out (last month).  Two days ago my tracker fell out of the wristband some time while I was wearing it.  I went to tap it after a 2 mile walk, and it was gone!  I'm very disappointed!  I never had this problem with the flex.  It was only a few weeks old!

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

At someone's suggestion, I found this on E-bay. It works for me. It slides over your existing band to keep Flex2 from falling out. It comes in gold, silver or rose gold. Several sellers are now selling it or something similar. FitBit is missing out on coming up with a solution to this common problem.

Best Answer

This has happened to me twice and I’m really annoyed. I have had two flex2’s in less than 12 months. The first time it happened I assumed it was my fault, now I know this is a product flaw.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't believe they think so little of their customers. I'll never but
another
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Sorry to hear that your Flex 2 is falling off from the wristband. If by any chance you have lost your tracker then please follow these instructions to try to find it. If the band isn't securing your tracker properly then please let our Support team know so they can further assist you.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This post has been going on for some time. Imo this is a faulty design with
the band that had been ignored by Fitbit. When I guess upgrade I will be
looking for one with a secure band regardless of the manufacturer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @excapt, I hope you are doin' fine! Please note that our team is always working in order to improve our products and services, so we can offer one of the best fitness trackers experiences. Your comments and feedback are very important to us. 

If you have questions, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unless you are going to replace my flex 2 there is nothing you can do.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did let them know. They said it "isn't a known problem, so there isn't
anything they can do". Sure seems like a very common problem to me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea, they told me the same thing. I was able to argue and get pissy with them and they replaced one but only because I said it "died" and didn't fall out. The next time I said it fell out and they blamed me. I now have this band from China bought on eBay and it helps but it's just stupid they can't fix the design and rectify the problem that it seems hundreds have had. Just search on eBay for "Fitbit Flex 2 band clasp". I think it was like $5, free shipping. Took forever to arrive and I have to cover up the lights (kind of defeating much of the functionality) but whatever I guess. No other option. Fitbit Band.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is stupid. The last time I "lost" mine, aka the band sucks and it simply fell out, I didn't notice till who knows how much time later. I didn't even realize it until I tried to sync it. I did look everywhere but it could be miles, and miles away and who has that kind of time? Maybe just fix the problem that a ton of people are having. Or send us new trackers, I'm sure they cost all of $5-10 to manufacture. 

Best Answer
Sure there is, buy a different brand. I won't support a company that
doesn't back it's product
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a funny story -

Both my husband and I have had ours fall out. Mine was replaced for free the first time, since it was still under warranty. When I called about my husbands (which had fallen out into his truck engine when he was working on it, and is still there!), at first they balked about replacing it, but then the help line guy said, "Wow, he has over a million steps the past year!" (he's Executive Chef at a large arena, and walks a lot every day). So they sent him another.

Well that one fell out and went missing too, at work, last October. He figured "Oh well" and didn't replace it. Yesterday he sent me a photo from work - he had found it in the walk-in freezer, between some shelves. He plugged it in and it charged! In the deep freeze for four months! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gibsontx5 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! 

Thank you all for your replies. 

@KaraNK thanks for sharing your suggestion about the wristband you are using.

@excapt @Biggs9932 support can't replace missing devices as they follow the warranty guidelines

@Gibsontx5 happy to hear that your husband's Flex 2 is working even after 4 months of being subjected to low temperatures.

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wouldn't expect your company to replace it if I had just misplaced the
tracker. I do expect the company to stick by the product that it made,
considering the only reason the tracker is missing is because of a faulty
design. It is not the user's fault that the company designed the band out
of a material that can roll and flex enough that the tracker will fall out
the bottom of it. That is a flaw in the design, and the users are paying
for it....
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is what I've said from the beginning.

Moderator edit: Removed personal info 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Biggs9932 @excapt thank you for the input. I get your point but if you have any issues with the band you can let our Support team know to see if they can replace it to avoid this issues. Still thank you for the feedback.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you going to really replace the 3 fitbits I paid for out of pocket? Due
to the faulty design? I'd love for you to send me even one Flex 2.

Otherwise, guess I'll keep commenting on the 100's of posts with the same
issue on the crappy design and discouraging fitbit purchases as they are
not quality designed. I mean, the only reason I have this particular model
is the water proof feature. Why can't they all be?

Thanks a lot,

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are you blanking me. I've complained about their bands forever between
the design and the claps.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaraNK @excapt thank you for your updates.

@KaraNK Support are the only ones that can replace your device. You will need to reach out to them to see if they can replace them. Remember that they do follow the warranty guidelines to make these decisions.

@excapt thank you for the feedback you have already shared here.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I’m the person who originally started this post. The point I tried to make with my post was not just, “too bad, my Flex 2 fell out of my wrist band,” but that it is DANGEROUS if the Flex 2 is found by a child or pet. I related in that original post that I woke up in the night to the sound of my dog crunching on the Flex 2. I took it away from her, but she had damaged it to the point that it was unusable, which was too bad. However, if my dog had swallowed it, it could have been serious and if a child swallowed a Flex 2, it would have been tragic! This is a design flaw which needs to be fixed before such a tragic event occurs.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer