Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing on Thursday 10th Jan

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my Flex 2 stopped synicing on Thursday 10th Jan. It was fine and I did a lot of walking that afternoon, but when I checked yesterday no syncing has been done since 15:39 Thursday 10th. Any ideas why not? I saw someone had a similar problem. I am not aware I have updated anything, I have a Sumsung S7, but it does update my apps automatically. However stopping and resetting the flex 2 worries me that I will lose all the data is that the case? How can I get it syncing again without losing data? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1.Tap on your photo in the top left corner

2. Under "Devices", tap on flex 2

3. When the next screen comes up, across from flex 2 will be a trash can. Tap on the trashcan

4. Tap on "unpair"

5. Then u want to set up device and go through the process of doing so. Make sure your Bluetooth is on so the device can pair.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Deleted the app and reinstalled as advised. Still won't sync.

Best Answer

I had to go to set up device and remove my current Fitbit and add it back on and then it began syncing again. Try it and see if it helps. Let me know

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply Mocha, very kind of you.

Have gone to 'Set Up Device' get the answer it is already there, do I want to replace. Then it takes me through the motions but fails.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3. When the next screen comes up, across from flex 2 will be a trash can. Tap on the trashcan

4. Tap on "unpair"

5. Then u want to set up device and go through the process of doing so. Make sure your Bluetooth is on so the device can pair.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the remove my Flex 2 and tried to re put it back on-all ok to start with but after the laptop had found Flexy2 a blue light came on and nothing else happens. The laptop screen says something like tap your Flex-not working?-I have tapped it and nothing happens except a blue light-can't get off the screen, go back or forward. What has happened please? What do I do? Feel lost without my Flexy2

Allyson,xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you tap on the trash can and actually remove it and go through the process of setting up a device? If not, just  replacing it won't work. I tried just replacing it and nothing happened. But once I clicked on the trash can across from "flex 2"(at the top of the screen), unpaired it and then went to "set up device", my flex 2 started working again after I went through the process. I hope this helps you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I totally removed it and then re did it like setting up a new device but have tried that twice now- both times my laptop finds the Flex 2 but then says not working and I get the blue light and nothing more happens after that. I have to shut down my laptop and re start it to remove that screen from laptop. I can't get passed the blue light and being told to tap Flex. Nothing happens. Bed time now-try again tomorrow. xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that. Was hoping those steps would work for you too. I did my process in app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the delay. I have just done this. It gets to 'We found your tracket' then Connecting and then it fails. 😞 tried several times no luck. think I will have to buy a new one 😞 This has made me quite cross as I'm not exactly made of money 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. That is exactly what happens to me. I tried various times today to try and reconnect my Flex 2-wish I hadn't unconnected it as it was counting my steps fine just not swim and cycle which I can put in manualy. Does this mean my Flex is dead? I haven't had it 2 years yet, was a birthday present the year before this in October it will be 2. Not happy as my last Flex lasted around 4 years.

Allyson,x

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain on that one. I called customer service for help and they sent me a 25% discount on my next Fitbit if I purchase in the next 30 days. If you for sure need another one, I'm sure that discount will help. 

Best Answer

Woohoo! Tried again this morning and bingo! It synced and not only that it picked up all the info for the last two weeks steps!!

Take heart Alison and try again. I also uninstalled Fitbit App on my laptop as well as my mobile. Whether that was necessary in the end I don't know. But it has worked. Took a bit of patience as while the installation procedure quickly found my tracker it took an age when trying to connect and lots of tapping of the fitbit while it was going on. But I am back .

THANK YOU MOCHA!!! 😄

Best Answer

I will try again this evening. Maybe I was to impatient when screen showed blue light flashing? I will stick with it for longer and continue the tapping. Worth a try!! if nothing then will get in touch with customer service. Thank you both Elaine53 and Mocha,

Allyson, xx xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woot woooooot!!!!! So glad it worked!!!!

Best Answer

Boooooooo Hooooooo, mine didn't work. I tried for half an hour then gave up-think the poor thing must have died on me-am upset!!!! Thank you for all your help. xx xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awwwww Olive!

I was hoping the steps worked for u too! Especially considering your flex is younger than mine. I'm over here thinking of what else we can try to get your Fitbit back to tracking with the app. Just to confirm, have u tried to do reconnection in app on your cell? If not, make sure the app is the updated version and go through your steps again. I'm asking because mine didn't track again until I used the app on my cell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this fixed mine stopped syncing today

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes ma'am I did. I'ma send you what I did

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deanna EJ. Here is what I did. I used the app on my cell phone. Make sure your Fitbit app is up to date before trying these steps. 

4. Tap on "unpair"

Best Answer
0 Votes