Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help, i have had my fitbit for aprox a week. Everything was great but all of a sudden yesterday it has stopped syncing with my samsung phone. This is really frustrating! As far as i can tell the fitbit is still tracking me but just stopped syncing. I have tried everything suggested on the webpage (bluetooth, disconnect bla bla) please help

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118
I've had my flex 2 for 2 weeks and been fine but today it stopped syncing and nothing I have tried is working. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, switched off phone, charged it, turned Bluetooth on and off and now it won't find the device! Any ideas?
Best Answer

Have you tried restarting your Fitbit? Here are some instructions: Reset Fitbit

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around the Community @Gwin21, hope you're doing great! Have you tried what my friend @ashley_h suggested? I'd recommend following the steps I've shared here to solve the syncing issue.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here flex 2 stopped synching today only 1 week old and second replacement for the other that did the same thing. No help with fitbit support they keep you on the phone trying all different solutions over 1 hour finally sent a replacement and now the same problem.

Best Answer

Hello @Ht29,

Welcome to the community!

By any chance did you recently have an OS upgrade on your Samsung phone to Android 6.0?  If so, Google has changed the behavior with bluetooth and the OS.  You are now required to enable location services in order to sync.  Try enabling that and seeing if that makes a difference.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my iPhone6.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer
No my stopped syncing October 24th also.
Best Answer
My Fitbit Flex 2 stopped syncing October 24th I feel like Fitbit did something and now it doesn't work they need to send out a fix
Best Answer
I have the same problem. At some points it tracks steps during the day and then it looses them. It says it only is syncing once per day when you look back to see when it last synced. I have NOT upgraded iOS
Would be nice if some from Fitbit responded as we all seem to have the same problem
Best Answer

It's nice to see y'll around the Community @MichaelG1 @Ht29 @Shariwv @SunsetRunner, hope you're doing great! Thanks for helping @PureEvilWoman Very Happy

For iOS users, see these requirements first:

If your tracker still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your tracker didn't sync, reboot your mobile device. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your tracker didn't sync, restart it using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?

If your tracker won't sync after the restart, try logging in to your Fitbit account on a different mobile device or computer to help determine whether the original device is the culprit. 

For Android users, these are also the requirements:

Depending your Android device, these tips might make syncing easier:

• The Always Connected option in the Fitbit app is on. This improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and tracker. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your tracker to drain more quickly than normal.
  • You've tried turning on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your mobile device or tracker.

If your tracker still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. If the tracker doesn't sync, quit the app again and try turning Bluetooth off and on.
  3. Reopen the app once more. If the tracker doesn't sync, try again after rebooting your mobile device.
  4. If your tracker doesn't sync, try again after restarting your tracker. For instructions see How do I restart my tracker?
  5. Lastly, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Let me know if this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

None of these steps worked. I call in to speak to the help line. They are sending it on to the engineers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update my friend @MichaelG1

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a flex2 and it stopped synching on October 24. I've tried everything. I've restarted my phone, I uninstall the app and reinstalled the app. Turned off my Bluetooth and turned it back on. I have an Android phone. Any other suggestions welcomed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

buy a dongle from the flex 1 or if you have one use it it really workes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also did all of the above for Android. Still nothing. It should not be so difficult for users. Apparently fit bit has an issue and not owning up. We should all be given a refund. Spent 1hr and 45min on the phone with support and still not working.
Best Answer
yes same problem here using flex 2 with an iphone 6s. it's dropped full weeks of data that appeared at one point but now show as zero. at one point about two weeks ago it stopped logging sleep data completely. i've tried restarting the phone...restarting the app...resetting the flex 2...restarting bluetooth...so far none of these appear to be solving the problem. particularly a bummer when i get 18500 steps in one day and then three days later it has resettled to zero! sounds like you'z got a bug in the software. and that moderator's tone is somewhat grevious! other than that, love the product!
Best Answer
I'm not impressed with the moderators comments here. FitBit customers continue to have issues with the Flex2 synching, the directions to fix it are NOT working. The moderator doesn't even acknowledge this.
Best Answer

mine stopped syncing. tried everything to isolate that the problem was the pebble. restarted the pebble. now it's working fine. not good! considering its only six days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit flex 2 also quit syncing today. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps multiple times and still no sync. I have an Android Moto Z Force, been working great for about a month up until now.
Best Answer