Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help, i have had my fitbit for aprox a week. Everything was great but all of a sudden yesterday it has stopped syncing with my samsung phone. This is really frustrating! As far as i can tell the fitbit is still tracking me but just stopped syncing. I have tried everything suggested on the webpage (bluetooth, disconnect bla bla) please help

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

In my case I followed the advice here but found my phone was too far away from the router. I moved my phone closer to the router and bingo. It took care of the false low battery indication and did a synch

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am also having problems with syncing my Flex 2 and I noticed this problem started either last week or this week. Most of the time I would use the Windows PC/Laptop app to sync and sometimes I would use the iOS app. The problem is with the Windows PC/Laptop app. Sometimes my Flex 2 would sync and other times it would get stuck or freeze while syncing. Like the app would say that it is syncing but nothing is happening. I tried resetting my tracker and then restarting my laptop but I still get the same problem. I also tried to unpair it from Bluetooth, restart my laptop, and pair it back again to Bluetooth but I'm still getting the same problem. I also noticed when I would sometimes use the iOS app to sync my Flex 2 I would have problems. Like I would sync it a couple of times and on the 3rd time it won't let me sync for another few minutes. I hate that. But the problem with the iOS app has seemed to have resolved itself. Was that a glitch/bug or something Fitbit did on purpose with the iOS app? I found the problem with the iOS app really annoying but glad that it's fixed. Now if only I can get the problem with the Window PC/Laptop app fixed because it's preventing me from syncing my Alta because once I open the app it automatically syncs both trackers and I would have to close the app each time to try and get my Alta to sync and it's not all the time I can use the iOS app. 😒☹️
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I just got my Fitbit Flex 2 and it was not syncing only had it for a day but thanks to you is fixed I just wish I would have read this first before deleting apps refactory my phone pulling my hair lol well thank you so much for helping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So all of a sudden my LG G6 isn't supported and none of the currently available Android phones I would buy are supported either???? Pixel 2, G7, V30.....? So I bought this thing and it's useless all of a sudden.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to go sync my Fitbit Flex 2 on my Android phone and I was going to show my friends on Fitbit that my new exercise I was trying and it will not sync at all..that was today

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have always had problems syncing my Flex 2 using the app on my Lenovo P2 phone. It usually ignores request to sync, and instead syncs automatically at apparently random intervals. It also sometimes complains of "bluetooth issues" when no such issues exist. On the other hand when I sync using my Samsung Galaxy S2, it works every time. It usually also connects to the Flex 2, and shows the number of steps in real time. I have never managed to get this to happen on the Lenovo P2.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with the Flex 2 itself. The problem is the flaky software with some Android devices - which clearly includes your phone as well as mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was working just fine and then all the sudden today it won't sync

Sent from my Boost Mobile phone .please excuse any typos wendi
Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone are you using?

Try the suggestion in THIS Help Article on syncing issues

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I don't want to loose the data from my previous 2 weeks and today. Fix the app. Looks like this happens a lot!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. I just started using a Fitbit two weeks ago. I don't want to reset and loose my data. They had 2 fixes to the app last week. Must have broken Flex2 syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lvnew restarting your tracker will not lose you any data. It is like restarting a phone.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me. Just stopped syncing out of the blue. Tried all the fixes on the website and again when customer service had me try all the exact same things. They sent me a replacement that worked for less than a week and now the same issue is happening again. So frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything that you all suggested and still my flex2 will not sync!  Grrrrrr…..

Best Answer
0 Votes

PS I also bought a dongle so don't offer that either  --I think I'm going Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Flex 2 stopped synching

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and it did work but only for 2 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app. - This worked for me. My flex2 had stopped syncing for nearly 2 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated mine last night on the app, won’t sync now, this happened last time as well. Have unsynced with phone trying to resync no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

today when I double-tap the Flex 2, it does not work and no light twinkled. when I reach my home, plug it into the charger and it starts vibrating constantly with 3 white lights and 1 orange/yellow light at the end. I unplug and replug it and it became ok. Then, it wasn't in my Bluetooth and I cannot connect with it. Worse than that, I search everywhere for a possible solution and I find your link here for tackling this problem. However, when I click on the link it says "Sorry, you don't have permission to access this page".

Best Answer