Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a friend request?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this is odd, but I accidentally sent a friend request to someone, and now it's pending and I look like a weirdo.  I don't even know this person! They are a friend of a friend.  I clicked on their name purely by accident whilst scrolling through my friend's friend list looking for people I actually know.  

I find it ridiculous that fitbit doesn't have a "rescind request" button or something of that ilk.  In this day and age? I mean, come on.  

Anyone have any idea how to delete the request? 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

@Missymo  It's entirely possible they haven't looked to see if there is a friend request. Should they accept, you can unfriend them and they'll never know.

Welcome to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
I have the same exact problem. I really wish they had a cancel friend request feature.
Best Answer
Me too! Did the same thing!
Best Answer

I did the exact same thing!  I clicked it on accident while scrolling and now I look like a creeper!  Please add this feature Fitbit!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

same here i really would like to remove the request before the person even sees it, its not a person I dont know its a persong that i want nothing to do with!!!

Best Answer

yes please add this feature!

Best Answer
Yes, Fitbit please allow us to to recall a friend request.
Best Answer

I feel so much better knowing I am not the only "weirdo" out there!!  I agree with you!  Fitbit, please allow a "recind" friend request.

Best Answer

I did the same thing trying to scroll, and accidentally hit the request button too. I don't even know who it is!

Best Answer

I totally agree!

Best Answer

Hello there Fitbitters!  Those things happen all the time Smiley Wink.  The good part is that you can delete this friend from your list and other person will never know. 

Good luck! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I had no idea you couldn't cancel a friend request.  Everywhere else you can.  It's silly we can't.  I hope they add this feature soon!

Best Answer
How will they never know? They'll get a notice that I requested to be friends. I just want to Delete the request.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner They will know you sent the friend request.

But if you Unfriend them they will not know. It does not send an email saying that you did

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Gotcha. For those of us with clumsy fingers, the ability to unclick a friend request would be nice.

Sent from my iPhonel
Best Answer

@WendyB Thank you for clarifying this! I think I had to be more specific about this Smiley Frustrated, but is always good to know you're here to help Smiley Very Happy.  @SunsetRunner you're right, I found an idea like yours on our Feature Request board. You can vote for it and feel free to share the link with us so you can get as many votes as possible. 

Good luck! 

Best Answer

@WendyB Thank you for clarifying this! I think I had to be more specific about this Smiley Frustrated, but is always good to know you're here to help Smiley Very Happy.  @SunsetRunner you're right, I found an idea like yours on our Feature Request board. You can vote for it and feel free to share the link with us so you can get as many votes as possible. 

Good luck! 

Best Answer

I had the same problem...  although I don't feel a weirdo... I sent the request to a weirdo...... and i think she might eat my brain now......  Argh  make it go away!

Best Answer

@chickinjeans  Click on their name and go to their page Click the Friend button to un-friend them

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer