Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a friend request?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this is odd, but I accidentally sent a friend request to someone, and now it's pending and I look like a weirdo.  I don't even know this person! They are a friend of a friend.  I clicked on their name purely by accident whilst scrolling through my friend's friend list looking for people I actually know.  

I find it ridiculous that fitbit doesn't have a "rescind request" button or something of that ilk.  In this day and age? I mean, come on.  

Anyone have any idea how to delete the request? 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Block them and then go back and unblock them... You will see that you guys are no longer friends and no friend request will be highlighted either

Best Answer

You go up to the top right tap the 3 dots and click block you will get a message saying block blah blah lol etc and it removes the sent ADD   it doesnt block them though you have to hit block again to block them if thats what you choose to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m glad they finally made a good work around! When I posted this years ago I don’t believe that was an option.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much tried it & worked perfect!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wrong answer. I don’t want to friend him/her I want to remove the friend request accidentally sent

Best Answer
0 Votes

that's the only way I know to do it..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ntexas, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

At the moment, the way you get rid of an unwanted friend request is to open the profile of the person. If you're on your online dashboard go to the person's profile and click on Ignore instead of on Accept. The same if you're on the app, tap on the request and then, click on the Ignore option.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Okay very relieved to find other people have had the same problem - I typed my friend’s email in wrong. Oh well all they’re going to see is steps and they don’t know who you are so it doesn’t really matter 

Best Answer
Yep. I am way past this now. However, at the time it pulled up a contact I had in my email who is an attorney in an opposing case. It looked very creepy that I would send him a friend request!!!

Sent via iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @IndigoFairy and good to see you around @SunsetRunner! 🙂

If you need any help, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Go to their page and block the person. That will cancel your friend request. You can unblock them after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem.....but it’s sorted now. So click on the friend whom you sent the request to. Top right of the three dots and select block user and then they can’t add you but if you wish to resend the request you can straight after 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit PLEASE add “cancel friend request” feature. It’s ridiculous you can add but not cancel. Thanks!

Best Answer

you can block the user and unblock after. it will ask you to send a friend request again. click no. 

Best Answer

What I ended up trying was:

Block the person.

After you have blocked them, unblock them and it will show you a dialogue box that asks if you want to send them another friend request. Simply tap on “No” 

Done deal! 🙂

Best Answer

It just happened to me. Unreal how Fitbit is so behind on technology. Ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just happened to me. I can't believe Fitbit is so behind on technology. Ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is needed is is a feature to cancel the friend request before the person sees it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All you have to do is go into the the person that u sent a request to and look up at right hand corner, block the person and it deletes the friend request but it dosnt block them fully, problem solved, that's what I did. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. it did work

Best Answer
0 Votes