Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a friend request?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this is odd, but I accidentally sent a friend request to someone, and now it's pending and I look like a weirdo.  I don't even know this person! They are a friend of a friend.  I clicked on their name purely by accident whilst scrolling through my friend's friend list looking for people I actually know.  

I find it ridiculous that fitbit doesn't have a "rescind request" button or something of that ilk.  In this day and age? I mean, come on.  

Anyone have any idea how to delete the request? 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61
They haven't accepted it. It's still pending. It's the pending I don't want to see.... Infact I don't want to see their face there at all.... Just want them blocked and erased from existence within my phone 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

But if they dont accept, I can't delete the request? Fitbit really needs this feature. Because I can't undo the request until they accept my request. This problem NEEDS to be solved!Smiley Mad

#FitbitStrugglesSmiley LOL

Best Answer
But you can't do this if they haven't accepted your friend request. 😞
Best Answer

@chickinjeans Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Also, remember to vote for this feature suggestion to have this option in the future! 

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Yes, it is ridiculous that this is still a problem, even after years of comments and suggestions.  It is too easy to mistakenly request a friend, and there is no way to cancel it.  Even adding a confirmation screen for a friend request would help prevent these mistakes!  

If this has been an issue for you, please go here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Cancel-Friend-Request/idi-p/808918 to vote for this fix!!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@Amanda1972 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the link to the request! I already voted; hopefully a lot of users will vote for this request too. It is something we really need.

Also, feel free to request any other suggestions you may have for Fitbit on the Feature Requests Board. Let us know if you do.

It's great to see you in the Community!

Best Answer
If you block the user it will cancel the request and you can unblock them at any time...it may not solve the issue of that person being notified that you have sent a request, but it will cancel the "friend" request at the very least.
Best Answer

Block Them  It will delete the request

Best Answer

You can go to their profile and then block user by pressing the three dots at the top right of the screen where it says user profile

Best Answer

@farmerswife71 @Dytutuuy Thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! Those are great ideas to cancel a friend request. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. 

If you haven't done so already, I recommend voting for this Feature Suggestion which is asking for the ability to cancel friend requests. Feel free to leave a comment as well!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I just discovered how. Block the person, then unblock, tadaa. Request cancelled 😁

Best Answer

@MargaerySnow Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing that workaround! Didn't know you can actually do that, but it is good to know! I'm sure other users will find your solution very helpful to cancel unwanted requests. Thanks again for sharing that with the Fitbit Community!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Here's what you do, go to the persons profile, there will be 3 dot horizontally on the top right hand corner, click them, and there will be a bar "block user" click that, and it will cancel your friend request.

Best Answer

I have done exactly the same thing and sent someone a friend request by accident. Come on fitbit please install a function to be able to cancel a friend request if needed. 

Best Answer

Block them and then unblock them... when you unblock them it will ask you do you want to add them as a friend and just hit no... 

Best Answer

Block them. 

Best Answer

Great idea but this doesn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Worked for me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Blocking them and unblocking worked! 

Best Answer

You are more than welcome;)

Best Answer
0 Votes