Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track bicycling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How do you trac bicycling or other non walking activities
Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

I use cyclometer and you can use it for steps  / running as well.  You can customize it as you wish.  I use it mostly when cycling as I typically ride solo and it send out an email every 30 minutes with an updated location, distance and time to my wife and son.  You can adjust that to your liking.

it will track steps - just have to go into the the info on it.  you can download for either iPhone / android.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

My nice new Flex2 tracks cycle and swim really well. xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys, good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

@SunsetRunner, thanks a lot for sharing this alternative with us! I'm pretty sure many users will find it helpful!

@olive114, I'm glad to hear that your Flex 2 is working great for you! 😄

If you guys need anything, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok logged is not the same as tracking.  Log means I have to track on a diff device and log on Fitbit .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to gos track my bike ride. My Charge 3 auto recognises the ride, but I want to track my ride, distance and times.

Best Answer

It seems that it's possible to start tracking a ride on the bike with gps from the tracker/clock.  But I can't seem to find the same option in the app on my phone.

The software coupled with this tracker is not on par.  I never thought I would say this, but Samsung has acutally managed to make a better software than another company.  I thought their software was flawed, but this is on another level.  

Why isn't there an option besides run/walk to start gps-track a ride on my bike? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

*My tracker is a charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you track bicycling from the app on your phone? Especially for android phones. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

Yah, that didn't work.

First, there is nothing labelled activities in my dashboard in fact there is very little text at all in the dashboard it is mostly icons.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have what looks like a little man waving arms about and he is in a 5 sided diamond shape as I out in that would do active days for 5 days-each line goes green as I do them. I you click on him then you get up a list of activities-well, I do. xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also use Strava, and today used both. Fitbit ad me riding 14.3 miles, and Strava had me down for 18.1 Quite a difference. Even the elevation was different by about 175'. I also stopped at a grocery store foe some watermelon slices, and a cold drink, which Strava paused, fitbit didn't.

Not sure who is off, but I'm going to map a ride in my car. If the fitbit is off, major disappointment.

On app it gave me some what around 4000 steps, but only have .25 miles 1487 calories 115 mins of exercise. In the excerise it's recorded 14.43 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no "Log" on the Dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the cycle meter work for stationary bikes? Just did 45 minutes of cycling @ 21 MPH. Using Fit Bot choices shows I burnt 96 calories which is so inaccurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do the same.  I am going to put it on my wrist today when cycling, as I’m not in a challenge, and I want to see what it actually records. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
i find that it is somewhat difficult to stop when you are done riding.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tie it to your shoelaces....

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about importing a GPX file into fitbit.  I use RunKeeper to track and log my bike rides and it generates a GPX file that I import into Strava.  Why can't the same be done for fitbit or can it and I just can't find where to do such?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i.e. do it manually.....  not much use.

Best Answer

Thanks. Can I track biking with Ace 2 Fitbit?

Best Answer