Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track bicycling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How do you trac bicycling or other non walking activities
Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70
Good luck w that, we’ve been requesting design team to work on tracking biking for years.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I have worked around the bicycle problem since my first day with my
fitbit.  I have tried many things to get the fitbit to recognize  steps 
while  riding,  from placing it in my pocket to strapping it on my ankle
and pulling my sock up  over it, this method I find works the best, but
now , my fitbit screen is cracked and will soon need to be replaced and 
I have decided that I will not do it. Yes, I will miss looking for my
10,000th step each day  and the celebration that accompanies it.  
Perhaps someday, something with better technology will replace it and I
will get back in.

Dennis
Best Answer

I think it is rather pathetic to require people to get the Surge to register cycling -- I guess I will put it in my pocket -- but you guys should be ashamed of this approach to sell more product -- time to look at Apple Watch I think 

Best Answer
I’m w u apple

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

lol, stupid me using an ionic and being on a flex forum.  I blame not reading the internet search result properly.

Ionic doesn't do a great job. 😛

Best Answer

So you can’t actually track it on the app, but my Fitbit Alta tracks when I go on bike rides even if my tracker is on my wrist. So you can track it, but really only after your bike. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually its not solved by hip pocketing the bit. You need to record both heart rate and pedal revolutions.

Here's how

What if I could put it on my ankle or lower calf under the sock? The part of me that moves with each pedal revolution. The calf and ankle are much larger diameter than the wrist though.

I happened to have replaced the watch band for this fit bit charge 2 before and retained the side with the buckle, this piece:

extendr

I had seen airlines accommodate very large passengers with a seat belt extender like this:

airline seat belt extender

Why not fashion such an extender with the extra band/buckle part allowing me to extend the band on the fit bit like so:

extended band on fitbit

and then fit the expanded band fitbit onto my lower calf above the ankle like so:

left
right
It worked!
It now records both heart rate and each pedal rotation as a step.

You can make one too!

Best Answer

Get the large band and keep on your ankle.   Tracks steps and heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no 'LOG' & also no 'Activities' on my Fitbit so this advice is hopeless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fairly old Flex2-my Flex broke down due to old age so got the Flex 2 as I swam a lot before covid arrived!! anyway, I wear it on my wrist and it records my cycle rides, hula hooping and walks etc with out any problem-unless I have forgotten to charge it up of course!! I love it, get movement reminders on the odd occasion I have not done enough steps in an hour-usually at lunch time when I extend break to have a read!! It is really good- I didn't want to do heart rate etc, just general step type movements and it does the job great. xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is how I’ve done it for years and it’s worked fine.  But now that I have a Charge5, it doesn’t register the fulfillment of 250 steps on the app like it use to.  I get step credits and the Fitbit shows fulfillment of 250/hour, but the App doesn’t show the fulfillment.  The two are out of sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes