Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Flex 2 is losing steps after I sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

For the past couple of days my Flex 2 has removed steps.  I reach 10,000 steps, get the buzz and little celebration etc and next time I sync I am down sometimes up to 3,000 steps.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

This step loss thing happens to me too! Daily!! I am on a replacement Flex 2 (my sole device) and have contacted support about this issue but they just referred me to the troubleshooting section of their online help...and yes, I’ve tried all the syncing fixes.  Thanks to this feed I will now try uninstalling and re-installing the app, but I am getting fairly frustrated with the whole experience.  

Best Answer

Hey @Catka3, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Yeah, I would like you to try all the tips that I posted above, like uninstalling and reinstalling and let me know how it goes! 

I'll be around!

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Just read all the "fixes" and I am wondering how resetting the Flex 2 or reinstalling the app is supposed to help when the pebble itself lost the steps. I just hit 10K steps an hour ago and now it show 1520 calories but no steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And to clarify, the Flex 2 is the only Fitbit or tracker I own.

@samw21 wrote:

Just read all the "fixes" and I am wondering how resetting the Flex 2 or reinstalling the app is supposed to help when the pebble itself lost the steps. I just hit 10K steps an hour ago and now it show 1520 calories but no steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The flex 2 is terrible, I no longer use mine. Waste of money.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have several trackers but the flex 2 remains one of my all time favourites and it is is most accurate tracker I have (just a different opinion!)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I’ve loved it until this just happened. Now I’m reading that so many others have the same problem I’m a bit worried. But I hope this is the only time it freaks out like this. We shall see…

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this reply is a long time coming, sorry.  I’ve tried all the fixes...the only thing that seems to have worked is to make sure no other tracking method is being used simultaneously at all...including any phone based option.  It seems to confuse the poor wee thing.  It still stutters occasionally but it is technology created by humans and perfection is not really possible so I just embrace the quirks and love it for what it can do. 

Best Answer

Hello,

This just happened to me last night.  Did 5,000 steps all day, finished up with a 40 minute walk/run on the treadmill.  I finished with over 11,000 steps and got my miles, calories and activity minutes goals achieved as well but it didn't record my exercise at all.  I woke up this morning and it still wasn't there.  When I added it manually it wiped out about 3,000 steps and activity minutes went straight to 0.  Does re-installing the app actually fix these issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It did not fix it for me.
Best Answer
I didn’t have any luck recovering steps or activity by either resetting the pebble or reinstalling the app. So I tried to backtrack anything I may have done differently recently and all I could come up with is that I turned on All Day Sync a few days before it started happening. So I turned it back off and I haven’t had trouble in the last week or so.

Something I thought in regard to the All Day Sync… with that turned on, the app is constantly going out searching for tracker data. I don’t have any other active trackers but I do have an old Charge 2 that’s sitting in a drawer somewhere and if the battery isn’t completely dead, maybe it picked up on that. Steps would definitely be zero. Or on a day that it kicked me back to partial steps, maybe I was in range of my next door neighbors’ (many!) tracking devices and it pulled the steps from one of theirs. I have heard that WiFi signals can be crossed so maybe it’s the same with Bluetooth.

Really who knows!? All I can say is that turning off All Day Sync seems to be working for now. We’ll see what happens over time. Keeping my fingers crossed. I’ve absolutely loved this little tracker until the steps started disappearing.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Best Answer

Hi Maripilar. I am almost in the same situation except my One is not functioning anymore. I recently added a Flex 2 to my existing Charge 2. And i have been experiencing the same frustrating "quirk" of the app that deletes steps when both fitbits are synced. I have the fitbit app on both my phone(android) and my pc tablet(surface pro 2). And i also find it very frustrating that when you sync everything at the end of the day you suddenly find a whole days worth of steps gone. I mostly use the flex 2 for the majority of the day and just leave the charge 2 at home. I only switch to the charge 2 when i am going to sleep and whenever i am going to exercise. Not sure what the first thing i should do here to remedy this issue of lost steps. Appreciate any advice from people who have encountered this and found a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that as well. Bottom line, there is no really intuitive way in the app to "turn off" tracking for one or another device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re right. That’s why you need to turn off All Day Sync and it won’t link to ANY trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am thinking there is a problem with the Flex 2. I have never experienced this issue of "losing steps" when i have multiple fitbits in one account. I used to have a One and a Charge/Charge 2 combo and have never had this kind of issue before. It's only when i used the Flex that this issue surfaced. I am hoping that Fitbit comes up with an update for either the app or the flex soon so that this issue is resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@samw21 wrote:
You’re right. That’s why you need to turn off All Day Sync and it won’t link to ANY trackers.

hi Samw21. I've turned off all day sync on both apps(phone and tablet). I will update this thread once i have tested if this remedy is working. thanks for the tip.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have also tried turning off all day sync, and it didnt remedy the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the feedback Maripilar. I also emailed fitbit support and below is their response to my flex 2 issues. I will try this once i have confirmed that the all day sync turned off doesn't work for me. Have you already done this?

When you have two trackers on the same account this ones will be combining the stats and it will give you an estimated amount of steps between both trackers. When you sync your trackers please sync one first then walk around 30 steps far from that tracker and sync the other tracker so this ones can not interference between them. Also we would like you to do a refreshment of the tracker's system. Can you please follow these next steps to do the restart of the trackers.

To restart your Flex 2:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

1. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  2. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  3. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

To restart your Charge 2:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

We hope to hear from you soon with the outcome of the steps provided. Please feel free to ask any other question you may have.

Sincerely,

Harry.S and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just finished syncing both my Flex 2 and Charge 2 with ALL DAY SYNC turned off. I followed the advice of the support team and did the following :

1. synced the Flex 2 first with the Charge 2 in the other room(at least 30 steps away).

2. synced the Charge 2 next with the Flex 2 now in the other room.

so far i have not noticed any lost steps. i haven't reset any of my trackers yet as suggested by support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for following the suggestions in this thread. If this is issue persist feel free to let our Support team know so they can further assist you.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer