Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My flex won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For 2 days now my flex won't sync. At first I did a reset and it would sync and stop and now nothing. No light and it still not syncing. It is not an year old yet
Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Hello Newfitkid,

To restart your tracker follow these instructions.

Remove the tracker from your bracelet, insert in into your charger, plug your charger in as if you were going to charge the tracker. While the charger is plugged in, look on the back side of the charging cord, there should be a small pin hole. Insert a paper clip tip into that hole for a few seconds - that should do a restart. Reinsert the tracker, go to the dashboard page and refresh the page - it should then work properly.

Here is a link on the forum that explains the procedure as well: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

As a suggestion, I urge you to browse around the fitbit website as there are many helpful articles as this to help you with any future difficulties you may experience.

Good luck and if I can help you in any other way, just give me a shout.

Here's to a healthy and fit life.

~Dorrie

"Commit to be fit"

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

How do  I update my new WiFi code? My fitbit won't sync with my phone, and I am wondering if it is related to our router.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex stopped syncing on 12-21. I logged out shut off phone. How do I reset? Ugh happened before only calories shoe. No steps or sleep help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks it works, I forgot that the hole in back was there. Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex will not sync. I have it linked to my computer. I have tried putting a pin in the hole at back of charger but it does not seem towork this time. Can anyone enlighten me please. It is so annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reset your charger so it syncs please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I reset my charger please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Plug it into your USB charger. Put your fit bit it. Turn over the charger and you will see a small hole. Use an unfurled paper clip and press it the hole. Watching the other side you will know when the retigger has taken place. Hope this helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try using a USB cord into a wall socket rather than you computer. P
Make sure you have a good connection when you insert your Fitbit into the charger. Turn over and insert paper clip end into the whole but watch the lights on the othe side to notice the changes. Then leave for around 3 hours.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hate having to resynchronize by putting in computer as described. Happens a lot.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you it worked perfectly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my flex2 does not sync too

Best Answer
0 Votes

it does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine too does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, there is no tiny hole. And why do you have to put the fitbit into the charger? If there is a hole in the charger, it should be visible without doing that. Any way, I tried your suggestion, and there is no tiny hole anywhere.

Update

My Flex 2 did not come with a dongle. Any guarantees this will work? If so, I surely can purchase one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

20190210_144208.jpg

20190210_144518.jpg

20190210_144429.jpg

Update

If your fitbit didnt come with a module, you can buy one from ebay, and will probably work if was charged. 

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @jsmanning and @Jokerjack, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community.

Many thanks @Jokerjack for adding those pictures to your post.Cat Happy

@jsmanning, I just would like to add this: If your Fitbit device has one of the following problems, it may be fixed by a restart:

• Not syncing
  • Not responding to button presses, taps, or swipes
  • Charged but doesn't turn on
  • Not tracking your steps or other stats

Restarting your device turns it off and on without deleting any activity data. If your device saves notifications, a restart deletes them.

How to restart a Flex:

1. Plug your charging cable into aUSB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.User-added image
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Please note that you'll need a dongle in case you wish to synchronize with a computer without a built-in Bluetooth. 

Thanks for posting and I hope to see you chatting around enjoying the Forums!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reset a Flex? I don’t see any buttons or holes to poke with a pin as I’ve seen suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes