Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative calorie intake

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed the food I entered in my log were not adding up correctly. I deleted everything for the day and it now shows I have -410 calories in. I tried syncing and resetting my phone, but it still shows the same. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

That is strange! I would try disconnecting the flex 2 from the app, uninstall the app, reinstall it and re add the flex 2.

Lets us know if that helps!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Edye515, hope you're doing great! Smiley Very Happy Are you using the Fitbit App for iOS? Currently there's an issue when manually logging foods are not adding up correctly for iOS users. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

If by any chance you have access to a different mobile device such as Android, Windows, or even a computer, you can try updating your food logs there to avoid erroneous data or negative calorie intake as you're getting right now on your iOS.

Thanks for helping out my dear @NellyG

Let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Also, get back to me in case you don't own an iOS device so I can move forward with some troubleshooting steps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Happening for me today.  I noticed calories weren't adding up correctly, so I deleted all of today's entries (on my iOS device) and it shows -130 calories for the day.

Website Fitbit dashboard shows as 0 calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: once I synced my iOS device to online Dashboard, calories then showed as zero.

I re-entered today's foods and iOS device added up correctly.  After sync, so did online Dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mystikmike Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that your calories showed in negative on your Fitbit app. Happy to hear that you were able to fix this and thank you very much for sharing what you did to fix it as this may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. Anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Wagfam let me give you a warm welcome to our Community! I'm happy to assist you today.

First, I want to confirm if you already tried the suggestions that were provided above? Looks like the post from @MarreFitbit was helpful for other users so I highly recommend you to try these steps and let me know how it goes. Also, the suggestions from this post resolved these difficulties too. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes