Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightshift and Hourly Activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Nightshift and other alternative shift workers, please help me let fitbit know that they are not considering our needs. The tracker/app will not allow for "days" which cross over midnight. The"daily" steps and now the hourly activity cannot be set over two calendar days. "Daily" steps automatically reset at midnight and we have to choose between setting hourly activity settings for before or after midnight. When I asked fitbit for help they directed me here. I guess if enough of us complain they might make some changes. Please upvote and/or comment - maybe they'll start recognizing that not everyone works 9-5!
Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @ILejeune

Feel free to add your vote / comment to @Greenwoodangel 's suggestion on the Feature Requests subforum:

The more votes increases the chance of the developers integrate the functionality.
Best Answer

The other problem is my eratic night schedual, I can't put the times I am awake which is some times night and some times day, I work 3 12 hour shifts from 7 pm to 7 am, I just activated my hourly steps and it of course says I am mostly sedentary for the 3 nights I work, then active for the 4 days I don't work, it is never the same days of the week so adjusting the time for the whole week just doesn't work.  Of course the other problem is that I am awake over midnight and you can't arrainge your day over midnight.  The only possible thing I can see is adjusting a 24 hour day, but that will also skew the data.  So another useless icon.  The fitbit knows, more or less, when I am sleeping so why not hook active time to the other hours when you are not instead of a set time, there are tons of people out there that work non-traditional hours now a days.

Best Answer
yes same problem night shift and odd other days when not working. why can't it track all day long or I set a start and it advance to the five hour later mark and then I can adjust up from there...
Best Answer
I know. I don't see why they can't run the tracking from when we wake up til we go back to sleep since our sleep is being tracked anyway.
Best Answer

I was just getting on here to make this suggestion. I can only ever use half of the hourly activity features because I can choose before midnight or after midnight, but I really need to be able to set it from early evening to late morning. If the app would recognize rolling over through midnight this feature would be fixed for nightshifters. Also, thank you for adding faces with a second hand for nurses!!!!!!! It's great to see that user suggestions are being utilized. I hope this becomes one of them.

I guess it didn't matter to me how one datly is counted for steps, as I'm still tying to get the same amount per 24hr period regardless of when that starts/stops. I'd just like to be able to use the 14 hours activity without having to change settings every 10is hours - which I'm not likely to do. But they do use suggestions sometimes, so there is hope, Lol.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hope you’re having a great day guys and welcome to the Forums @jmbahretk!  Heart

Thanks you very much for the feedback @SunsetRunner, @ILejeune and @goldenrodfarm I totally understand your predicament, as @SunsetRunner mentioned there is already a suggestion that is very similar to the one you've mentioned is called Changing time of daily reset of stats.

Please take a moment to visit this board and post your vote or comment. This board is constantly being reviewed by our devs to make sure we are delivering on what our customers need. Fitbit is always striving to improve! Smiley Wink

Thanks for jumping in @jmbahretk with that amazing suggestion!

Have a great day, I'll see you around! Robot Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I ama homemaker and also a night owl. my normal "step" times are from about 11am until 2-3AM. as all are saying here, of course the time doesnt allow me to set it for those times. which also messes with the sleep times. I see this question was started back in April really? nothing to fix this glitch yet?nobody ever thought of night shifters and night owls? come on lets get this changed!!! please!

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

I also work evenings, there is a way you can set the hourly activity goal for those hours.  Open the app and tap the Hourly Activity tile.  In the upper left hand corner, tap the "Gear" icon.  This will take you to settings.  Tap the "Start And End Time" and adjust as necessary.  I have mine set from 9AM-9PM.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

but 9 am to 9 pm isn't when you are working is it or her?
my normal "step" times are from about 11am until 2-3AM
I'm working 10PM to 6 AM (3rd shift) and that is a split day according to fit bit and you can not split a day. best I can do is set it from 12AM to 7AM and hope I get all my main activity in at those times.

Best Answer

I don't work all those hours, but I like to get the majority of my steps in before work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you're doing great! Thank you very much @CHintzie@DramaQueenDiva and @SunsetRunner for your feedback. I think that this is a really good option to have it in the App. That's why it is very important to have your votes and comments in that thread, regarding the night shift reminders; so our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this in consideration for the next updates.

@CHintzie This request was asked in that date but we need to wait for it to be reviewed since by now its status is "New". We'll keep you updated on any change if you comment that board.

See you around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, I just started a 3rd shift job 10pm -7am & was trying to put that as my active hours & it wouldn't let me. Which in turn sent me here while looking for help for this issue. Since I see all the comments on this issue are a few years old & they STILL haven't resolved it, I guess I can assume that they NEVER will??? This is sad to know that Fitbit doesn't care enough about their customers to resolve the issue!! 

Best Answer

@Mjz0916 wrote:

Agreed, I just started a 3rd shift job 10pm -7am & was trying to put that as my active hours & it wouldn't let me. Which in turn sent me here while looking for help for this issue. Since I see all the comments on this issue are a few years old & they STILL haven't resolved it, I guess I can assume that they NEVER will??? This is sad to know that Fitbit doesn't care enough about their customers to resolve the issue!! 

You could always try resetting the time zone on your Flex to reflect the active hours for while you are at work.  The only issue I can see with this is, it may change your interface to a different language (depending on the time zone itself).

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Mjz0916, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Thanks for the suggestion @DramaQueenDiva.

Thanks for posting your comment here. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

again this is now pretty much an end of life product. there has been no progress from FitBit on software updates. Will be looking for another activity tracker...

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for posting your feedback.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release software updates for this product. We appreciate your comments and thoughts regarding these features. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit  The first time this issue was reported was in 2016, its June 2018, and still there's no resolution on this, i own a new fitbit versa now, and it feels hopeless to vote on it, if no one is listening

Best Answer
I agree! crazy to think that someting as simple as being able to input ANY
time for active hours is not available!!! es[ecially since people hav
complained for almost 2 years about it. great customer service huh????
Best Answer

Hello @dredision and @CHintzie, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and I understand your concern about this feature. Please note that as @YojanaFitbit mentioned earlier, our team does not currently have plans to release this feature in the near future. 

Thanks again for your understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer