Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightshift and Hourly Activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Nightshift and other alternative shift workers, please help me let fitbit know that they are not considering our needs. The tracker/app will not allow for "days" which cross over midnight. The"daily" steps and now the hourly activity cannot be set over two calendar days. "Daily" steps automatically reset at midnight and we have to choose between setting hourly activity settings for before or after midnight. When I asked fitbit for help they directed me here. I guess if enough of us complain they might make some changes. Please upvote and/or comment - maybe they'll start recognizing that not everyone works 9-5!
Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

This is beyond stupid. Letting us input the hours of activity we choose is hardly a "feature" that needs to be "added". The hours of activity input is simply locked, and the input could Simply be unlocked. I just purchased this thing and got it in the mail from Amazon today, glad I found out that it and FitBit in general are completely worthless early on so I can return it.I will return this garbage product that intentionally locks out night shift workers for no reason whatsoever. You and your "team" are a bunch of idiots.

Best Answer

Do any of the fitbit products just record active awake hours and not a set time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, even though it could since it makes comments about me doing activity at night before I sleep, since it is barn chores there is no room for changing.  I have turned off activity on all the Fitbit I have owned, it is not reasonable to have activity set for daylight hours only when that is only one shift of work out of three.  There is no changing your time zone or dumb fixes like that because I do not work 7 days of the week, only 3.  So I have the choice of the tracker being inaccurate  3 days every week or 4 days every week.  There is no reason why you should not be able to set active times per day other then poor service ignoring that a vast amount of people work non day shifts.

Best Answer

I like how its 2019 and you guys still have not fixed this problem. 

Best Answer

I also work night shift and I really get bummed I don't know what my actual step count is for my shift since it "ends" at midnight, which is smack dab in the middle of my shift. I feel like it shouldn't be a hard programing function to change, just like switching from 12 hour to 24 hour time. Put the start time either 0001 or 1201and then the watch will restart tracking at that time. 

Best Answer