Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync changes steps to zero

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Flex 2 and use iOS to sync. Several times my tracker has indicated at least 7500 steps (three of four lights are solid and fourth blinks). Daily goal of 10k. When I open the Fitbit app and it syncs my Flex 2, it will briefly show a number of steps (today it was 9718) then change to 0 for today and my tracker lights go back down to first light flashing. Essentially it erases my steps for the day. This is frustrating as my employer uses step count to influence the amount I pay for medical insurance so my steps really mean something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kramermom A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Flex 2 missing your steps. Are you syncing your tracker every day? If you don't the device might lose the correct time and assign your steps to a different date once you have synced. Do you have multiple devices? If this is the case then the data on the other device might overwrite what your Flex 2 has recorded. Finally if you have a third party app or have manually logged an activity this could overwrite any data recorded by your tracker so make sure this isn't affecting your totals.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Kramermom A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Flex 2 missing your steps. Are you syncing your tracker every day? If you don't the device might lose the correct time and assign your steps to a different date once you have synced. Do you have multiple devices? If this is the case then the data on the other device might overwrite what your Flex 2 has recorded. Finally if you have a third party app or have manually logged an activity this could overwrite any data recorded by your tracker so make sure this isn't affecting your totals.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. 
1) I do not sync the Flex 2 every day. I see how this could be a problem. I might not have synced it after the daylight savings time change and before I used it. 
2) I do have two trackers. The other is a brand new Versa Lite. That’s the one I use most of the time. 
How can I keep the two trackers from interfering with each other when syncing? If I wear one, the other will likely be zero for the same day. 
3) I don’t use any third party apps to record exercise, so at least we can rule out one potential problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes