Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot reset password

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The battery on my flex 2 ran out on Monday morning.  I didn't get the usual email low battery warning or any vibration warnings and the battery went flat sooner than usual.  I tried logging into the fitbit app on my iPhone but it required me to input my password, didn't recognise it and has repeatedly failed to send an email when I tried the reset password option. I still cannot access the fitbit app on my phone.  I can access it online which confirms that the battery expired at 8.25am on Monday and has not synced since then.  I recharged the flex 2 on Monday and the lights indicate it is working normally, but I cannot communicate with it to retrieve any information.  Help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Windsoar, if you can access your Fitbit dashboard online, then you can get the rset password link there.  Go to your profile --> settings (hopefully this link will take you there).

Under your email address you will see "reset password".  Check that your email address is correct (if not, change it!) and then press the reset password link.  You should get an email and can follow the instructions from there.

Here is some further information about how to reset a forgotten password.

I hope this helps -- keep us posted,  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi, @Windsoar, if you can access your Fitbit dashboard online, then you can get the rset password link there.  Go to your profile --> settings (hopefully this link will take you there).

Under your email address you will see "reset password".  Check that your email address is correct (if not, change it!) and then press the reset password link.  You should get an email and can follow the instructions from there.

Here is some further information about how to reset a forgotten password.

I hope this helps -- keep us posted,  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Great to see you on the community @Windsoar

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having logging in. I checked with our support team and they advised that you may have recently created a case with them and they will be in touch with you via email.

In the meantime, if you have access to a dongle or native Bluetooth on your computer, you can sync that way. 

Hope to get you back on track soon! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to set up a new Flex 2, can't remember my password and I don't have access to my computer, so I can't change it using the dashboard. And the "Live Chat" isn't answering, even though it's before 9pm PST. The question is: why isn't Fitbit sending the "change password" email? Telling us to try other ways is poor customer service.
Best Answer

thank you.  the website password re-set also fails to send an email (and I have checked junk).  I have submitted a support ticket

Best Answer

i don't have a bluetooth dongle or native bluetooth on the computer so will wait for a response from the support team

Best Answer
0 Votes

sounds as though something has gone wrong.  hopefully my support ticket will lead them towards it

Best Answer

Customer support didn't reply until Saturday and then sent a message of marketing bolony and advice on how to charge the fitbit which wasn't ever the problem.  They didn't reset the password or answer my question.  I responded on Saturday and have had no further communication.

Today with the phone app and computer both failing to reset the password still, I went through manual records and eventually found the password which has got me up and running again.

However, the failures of the reset password links and the pathetic response from customer service show me why fitbit have built a reputation for a good technology and lousy customer service.

Best Answer

Windsoar,

How do you opened a ticket? online? it seems as the support team didn't really resolve the issues, but it still want to try it.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just contact Support - link in my signature

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the advantage of being able to log in on my computer.  I went to "settings", "help", "get support"

@Yasa wrote:

Windsoar,

How do you opened a ticket? online? it seems as the support team didn't really resolve the issues, but it still want to try it.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG wrote:

Just contact Support - link in my signature

I did contact support, they responded on Saturday without answering the question and they failed to respond to the follow up.  I should have made it clearer in my earlier message that I have now been able to solve the immediate problem by recovering my password so no longer need support.  However, the reset password options on the app and the computer dashboard don't work - and the emails are not going to junk because I have checked that.  I have attempted to link in your signature but don't know whether I have done that correctly.  Thank you for your help.  at this stage all I want Fitbit to do is fix the password reset option in case I need it in future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar problem, except that I did get the email, reset my password, it worked on my computer, but not my phone.  I can't get it to sync either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you happen to know how long the support team takes to get back to you? I have been waiting for 5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem too!  Did you find a solution.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! I am sorry for the late response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with the password reset. I could see that you got in touch with our support team about this and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts, I hope you continue enjoying your Fitbit device!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish someone would help me. I’ve been waiting over a week. Had one response asking if I typed it wrong or other ridiculous things. I see they have this issue for at least two years now and cannot believe that is all they can offer.

Best Answer

Hello @GooseyVarga, thanks for joining the conversation!

Thank you for sharing the details of the difficulty you're experiencing with resetting your password. I appreciate your feedback, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I understand that you've tried already the steps to reset your password: How do I change or reset my Fitbit password? Have you checked your spam folder for the reset email? Please confirm if you've contacted already our Support team regarding this?

Looking forward to your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted them multiple times and no one seems interested in helping. Of course I checked spam and trash folders. I see online that people have had this issue since 2017. And still Fitbit has no solution?

Trish 
Application Programing Support

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @GooseyVarga thanks for your reply and update.

I'd like to let you know that I've contacted our Support team on your behalf as an update to receive further assistance directly with them. Please keep an eye to your email inbox for their contact, they'll be in touch with you soon. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes