Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two spaced lights alternating, what does it mean?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I tap it My wrist flex has a flashing pattern of 2 spaced lights alternating over one position with 2 spaced lights. E.g. lights in position 1 and 3 alternate with positions 2 and 4.
Any idea what this means?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Several different days my fitbit flex has has 2 flashing lights that change location why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know what it means but I do know how to stop it.  Tap it several times and the 5 lights will return.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No nothing changed
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CBrink thanks for joining us! Sounds like your Flex is stuck in activity mode. Please hold your finger close to the band, tap rapidly (about 5 taps shortly after each other) until it buzzes so it goes off activity mode. When double tapping off activity mode, you will see a spinning light pattern and then your actual step progress. Just like @nanaburg suggested. If that doesn't do it, then I recommend restarting your Flex:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks
Best Answer

@CBrink You're welcome! Did it work? Do let me know, I'll be around. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks I have been trying to learn how to set my flex in sleep mode

Thanks for the help

Best Answer

Mine doesn't do the dimming, or seem to come out of "sleep mode" at all. I can keep trying the tapping over and over, and it still does the 2 alternating flashing lights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tracifoster2017 you're very welcome! It's nice to see new faces in the community. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Hope to see you around more often!

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the community @cmullins05! Please note you need to rapidly tap your tracker in order to exit sleep mode. Hope this helps. If that doesn't do it, then I recommend a restart by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Apparently the flex will constantly toggle in and out of 'sleep mode' from vibrations it gets exposed to, like riding a bike.

Best Answer

It means that you put your flex into sleep mode and to get out of it tap rapidly until vibrates and shows 5 dots and you out of sleep mode

Best Answer
I would prefer it not fall into sleep mode going about my day. I get
exposed to some vibration at times.

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gayboy & @stomper thanks for joining us! To exit sleep mode, just rapidly tap your F;ex until you feel it vibrate. What kind of vibration are you exposed at times, for example when riding your bike? Could you please give me more examples?

Looking forward to your new comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won't charge-- no lights, nothing.

after a few taps, I get the same 4 lights-- 2 separated by a space, and 2 more --that everyone is mentioning.

what to do? Is this the end of my Fitbit ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think my Flex has sleep mode.

All it does - when it is not charging.

Is show dots and somethimes more than one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!  Tapping my Flex 5 times rapidly fixed the 2 lights spaced out putting it back to all lights lighting up showing my steps progress.

Best Answer
0 Votes