Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't track steps - RESOLVED

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello anyone reading - if you had this problem I have a solution. 

1. On the app tap account. 

2. Tap '+ set up a device' 

3. Select the fitbit you have and tap 'replace'. Go through all the steps. 

4. Once done, you will be taken back to the dashboard. 

Your accounts stats, friends and more will still be there. 

I hope I helped you resolve your problem. Thanks!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@ZuneZone Welcome to the Fitbit family! Wow, thank you so much for sharing that awesome workaround that has helped you out in the past. 

It makes sense as setting your tracker as a replacement device will reset its inner components (without erasing any previous data on your account, of course) resulting on the tracker fixed and working properly.

I'm pretty sure this will help other users as well! Thanks for your awesome help!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Suddenly my fit it battery continued to show no charge on iPhone dashboard and my fitbit not connected when I went to Bluetooth on my iPhone. After trying a lot of the suggestions without success, this simple process worked for me. 1. Go to settings then Bluetooth. Click on the "i" to Right of the fit it device name. 2. Click on "forget this device" 3. Click on the fitbit app. Go to dashboard. Fitbit app will start updating. Battery will show charged. 4. When a box appears that requests permission to connect fitbit to iPhone Bluetooth, indicate yes. 5. Go back to settings then Bluetooth and the fitbit device will show as connected. Not sure how or why this works but it did for m we and maybe it will for others too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Haleho, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you followed in order to fix this issue on your side. I'm sure these instructions will be very helpful for members of the Community facing the same situation so I would like to thank you for sharing them. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset as instructed. Only shows calories burned. Still does show steps??

Best Answer
0 Votes