Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,018 Miles in 2018

Hi all!

I've seen a lot of these groups on Facebook and thought that those of you without Facebook (or even those with Facebook) might like to join me in a challenge.  The challenge is to walk or run 2,018 in the year 2018.  It is open to everyone in the Fitbit Community, and you can post your updates here either weekly or monthly, whatever works for you!  I'll start:

Week 1: 7.46 miles so far

Who's with me?

So what does this mean in numbers:

Miles a month: 2,018 miles this year/12 months a year= 168 miles a month

Miles a week: 2,108 miles this year/52 weeks a year= 38.8 miles a week (or 39 if you are rounding up)

Miles a day: 2,018 miles this year/365 days a year= 5.5 miles a day

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

I'm right there with @GershonSurge, Very nice start for the month, @JaimieRi! Lets see how long you keep it.  😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all,

I'm still not too sure about how to engage in our dialog.  I guess I'll hit the reply button and do it.

So  I'm somewhat behind my goal for January (172 miles).  I walked 159.15 miles.  I'm confident that I can make up the difference this month since I am in Florida now (not Wisconsin) and can walk more easily (and comfortably) outside.  Hang in there, y'all!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

Nice catch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GershonSurge

@JaimieRi will probably be right back up there in a few hours. He's a great challenger and caused me to get far more steps than normal last month just trying to get on top of my leader board.

More often than not, he'd be far ahead in the morning, and I would catch up/pass him in the afternoon just to repeat the procedure the next day.

If you haven't done so already, add him as a friend, ... then lace up your sneakers.  😉

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner thank you for pushing me the way you have been. I walked harder and faster than I have ever done this morning (I was thinking about your awesome Mum the whole 10K!), and I am determined to make up for the days I have missed in the past couple of weeks. Seriously, you should post your Mum's stats in this group once a week as inspiration for the rest of us. She can be my benchmark. She rocks! 

Happy stepping everyone. 🙂

Best Answer

@Tracy303,

My mother said "I can't believe I'd inspire anyone."

Her end of January stats are 253.22 miles against a target of 171.39 miles.

She's picked up 18.74 miles for the first two days of February.

Best Answer

@Tracy303, Just in case you haven't guessed, the post from aged- was actually from me. (I had to log into my mothers account to get the first 3 days of January as they had rolled off the 30 day summary.

Best Answer

Steve L.

Looks like you are having a good day. Keep it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Gershon. I decided a few days ago that today was the day to go for my 40K steps badge. I'll be back to my more usual 20-25K tomorrow...

Best Answer

wrote:

@Tracy303,

My mother said "I can't believe I'd inspire anyone."

Her end of January stats are 253.22 miles against a target of 171.39 miles.

She's picked up 18.74 miles for the first two days of February.

@SunsetRunner your mum is amazing. How on earth does she do it? I am truly in awe.

Best Answer

I can't get to the activity group anymore. Anyone else having that problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Gershon, yes I too am unable to access the group, I would like to know where Michael is at!!!

Kind regards Jaimie Richards
Best Answer
0 Votes
Gershon--

Everyone is having the problem.

--Mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds great. I'm in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK January I hit 199.1 miles.  I think for February I can at least hit 200!

Best Answer

Mackie,

That will put you a little ahead of the curve. That's where you want to be, you get more steps looking ahead instead of looking back.

Do look back occasionally though, otherwise you'll get run over.

--Mike

Best Answer
No doubt! I intend to to push on and listen carefully for the sound of the
pack! Hope to be towards the front.
Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:
Gershon--

Everyone is having the problem.

--Mike

Same here, obviously, @SunsetRunner. Has anyone emailed Support? I'm happy to if no one else has already. Hopefully all of the data hasn't somehow been lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

My February stats, ending on the 11th are: 466,024 steps and 226.63 miles.

--Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mike, Very impressive stats.  I think I may be a little off the pace for Feb.

My stats for Feb so far - 137,932 steps only (about 60ish miles? - maths never was my strong suit).

I think I need to be doing a bit more to make up Feb ground.  

Good luck everyone

Helen M

Best Answer
0 Votes