Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUMPING June Step Challenge

The MAYhem step challenge is nearly over so it’s time to start thinking about next month.  Maybe some JUMPING JACKS spread through your June walks/runs? 

How It Works:

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges has been to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

@Baltoscott- I do worry about the humidity because they will be outside a lot and Oregonians are NOT used to humidity.  Or heat.  But mostly how the heck is she old enough to go that far away from me. 

I didn't go with them to the airport because I am so sick, but haven't gotten back to sleep since they left so really wishing I had.

5000 steps and <2000 burn yesterday.  Took approximately 6 hours of naps between shuttling kids around and meeting the glass guy.

Best Answer

@Ennay,

Hope you are feeling better soon. Bummer on the vandalism.

@Baltoscott,

Maybe the real reason you stopped was the batteries on your devices died. Have to bring charging cables next time and a phone battery pack.

18 06 19 0659.JPG

I had a low calorie day yesterday since it was hot. Also, I got to talking while out on a couple errands and they took a couple hours more.

Best Answer

June 19

900 JUMPING JUNE JACKS (a set of 30/day) 

19/30

15K steps/day

18/30

1 pushup/day 

19/30

16 weight-lifting days

9/16

50 floors or more for 20 days

12/20

Sleep 6+ hours 12 days or more during the month

4/12

@GershonSurge -- I think my body is mostly recharged now.  Dropped 5 or 6 pounds of water weight on Sunday.  I've gotten about 1/2 of that back now and my legs aren't cramping up every couple of minutes anymore.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

June 19

- 11,000 steps (daily average) - 13/30

- 900 Jumping Jacks 30 x 30 days - 19/30

- Weights — 12/30 days - 7/12

- Lose 2 kilos (4.4 pounds) [CW 66.8 kg] — I’ll only report this end month)

Best Answer
Best Answer

Hey @A_Lurker👋  Time to check in ...

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

20 June

10,000 steps a day                                                     17/20

Swim 2x per week                                                      5/8

Dance 6 hours a week (minimum)                          6.5/6    12/24

One Coach workout or bike ride per week              3/4

@Baltoscott sounds like you might have 'slightly' overdone the biking! Glad your legs have stopped cramping.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@NellyG.  Yes, I recovered pretty fast, but I overdid it for sure.  While I was waiting for my ride I was checking the symptoms for heat stroke on my phone.  Reflecting on this chart, I think I was somewhere between heat cramps and heat exhaustion.  I'm really glad I stopped when I did!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

maybe 7 K yesterday and less again today.  Will be adjusting the June goals once the fever breaks.

Best Answer

No report today -- sorry! Was away several hours this afternoon, had 'company' for dinner when we came home, and then my fitbit said it needed recharging. Tomorrow is another day! 🙂

Best Answer

21 June  Shortest day. But itnwas a pretty pleasant day so got my steps in.

10,000 steps a day                                                     18/20

Swim 2x per week                                                      6/8

Dance 6 hours a week (minimum)                          6.5/6    12/24

One Coach workout or bike ride per week              3/4

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

June 21

- 11,000 steps (daily average) - 14/30

- 900 Jumping Jacks 30 x 30 days - 21/30

- Weights — 12/30 days - 8/12

- Lose 2 kilos (4.4 pounds) [CW 66.8 kg] — I’ll only report this end month)

Full program today! 

Best Answer

18 06 21 0820.JPG

Yesterday wasn't a great motivation day. I had a couple appointments that kept me from my usual nap. My cat kept me from finishing my weight lifting in the morning. Excuses, excuses. It seems like a full month is too long for me to go without changing my goals and I haven't done it yet this month. So... I decided to lose six pounds and get down to 152 lbs. That should get rid of the little stomach bulge I have left.

18 06 21 18.JPG

This is an updated point and figure chart for my daily calories burned. I find they work well for determining performance ranges. I've improved about  3 or 400 calories/day since June 1.  

Best Answer

June 21

900 JUMPING JUNE JACKS (a set of 30/day) 

21/30

15K steps/day

20/30

1 pushup/day 

21/30

16 weight-lifting days

10/16

50 floors or more for 20 days

15/20

Sleep 6+ hours 12 days or more during the month

4/12

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Playing very late catch up, but great pics @NellyG

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Oh, and @Baltoscott  also great pictures.  Smiley Happy

(both the bike and the supreme court pics)

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@Jotex- gorgeous roses.  We used to do well with roses, but bug infestations (and not using the toxic sprays anymore) just didn't make them worth growing anymore.  I pulled them out a few years ago, planted a ton of bulbs in the bed (need to put in more this fall) and just mulch that bed.

Best Answer

@Ennay- I have struggled with a cough/congestion this year.  In March/April it was horrible but it is pretty much gone.  I have found that if I have a bad night's sleep and we have a hot/humid day I have to stay inside.  Since I'm so far behind I'm sure you're better now.  It is a shame though about the vandalism.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baltoscott wrote:

Hey @A_Lurker👋  Time to check in ...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... reading all the posts and will post at the end.  It's been a weird month.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

1) 11,000 steps each day

2) daily push ups (1 or more)

3) 7h sleep average each week

4) decluttering/cleaning/yardwork each day

5) checking in each day

1) 14/30

2) 21/30

3) week 1 (7h36m), week 2 (7h2m), week 3 (5h 58m), week 4 (so far) 6h43m

4) 18/30

5) ?/30 - I need to count these, but it's really really bad.

It's been a weird month.  So, when I was laid off earlier I wasn't well.  It dragged on for far too long (I wasn't actually well the day they let me go but I had gone in anyways).  I seriously got out of any routines, staying up late, sleeping in.  May seemed to work out okay, but June has been a bit of a disaster.  I had a sinus infection, but I didn't medicate, which was probably a mistake. Normally a daily swim keeps the sinuses open so I figured it was time to start swimming.  This is very late for me - normally I'm a mid-April to early May here if the weather is cold.

The weather has gone from cold to stinking hot, to not bad.  I didn't get any answer from the guys who normally open my pool so I decided I would do it myself.  The cover is manageable (and I could get help if I needed it).  I went to look at the plumbing and they took it almost completely apart (annoying - I've done this before and they didn't need to go as far as they did).  Eventually I called someone local, and with my help (which is funny) the connections are made, the heater is on, but the guys who closed it pulled the cartridge filters.... then it was finding the filters cheaper than the local guy could get them.  He actually suggested I might as well order them.  Now, they're here... but not installed.  My frustration is.... well, never mind.  If he's not here tomorrow I'm going to borrow a ratchet set and install them myself.  I only hesitate because it took him three shots to get the filter housing closed and not leaking.

When the heat went insane I decided to delay planting and now I can't believe I haven't finished my annual pots.  I will be done by tomorrow though.  The ones in the front look good.  I have been mowing the lawn (probably need to do some tomorrow as well) and that's going well.  I have been working in the house and the garage when I haven't been weeding.  I'm hoping for the rain they keep calling for as I want to do more in the garden and the soil is easier to weed when it's not bone dry.

Probably the most important thing is that I've had a phone interview to be followed by a first meet next week (boss is away for a couple of weeks so it will likely be a two stage process).  They approached me and they are reasonably local (30 min drive through the country).  Very positive discussion this week with them and am looking forward to continuing the process.  Most of the options I've had are too far away to drive to, which would mean selling.  If I get to that point I'm likely going to leave this province and head for Eastern Canada.  Not there yet though.

OMG - if I go back to work it's going to be a killer to redo the garden as I had planned to do.  However, it would definitely get me back into a routine!  So much for getting to bed at a reasonable hour as I see it's just about midnight.  I really am going to try and check in more often.

Best Answer