Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate 43 - 46 bpm

What's everyone else's rhr? Sometimes i think i should be in a coma, that's how low mine gets. 

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

@PercussaResurgo, I have never been concerned about my low resting heart rate.  It was an interesting point of "discussion" last year when I was in the hospital after spine surgery - every time they came in to take my "vitals", the machine beeped at them because my heart rate was below whatever their standard was, and every time the tech would ask me if my HR was always that low before going away until the next time to record my vitals again.  When the doctor went over my chart, though, he was never concerned about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spine surgery? Hope it went well. I've never had any medics show concern with my RHR either despite being in hospital for major reconstructive surgery on my feet. If anything, they were seriously impressed. 

Guess it's a gift. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The target range is 60-100 and technically speaking anything below 60 is bradycardia and anything above 100 is tachycardia. Since your RHR is extremely low, I’m sure you know this can be good or not, depending on a number of factors (age, fitness, possible medical conditions etc.), as explained here:

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Bradycardia-Slow-Heart-Rate_UCM_...

http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Symptoms-Diagnosis/Slow-Heartbeat

My take is that size, sorry speed, doesn’t matter, it’s what you can do with it Smiley LOL. Anyone who can run 3000 meters in 12 minutes (Cooper’s test) is a pretty tough nut. VO2 max. is a better measure of heart performance IMO (although low RHR often predicts high VO2 max. in athletes).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

From that wikipedia page @Dominique linked:

"During sleep, a slow heartbeat with rates around 40–50 BPM is common, and is considered normal"

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

It's the 40-50 while awake and resting that sometimes scares me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PercussaResurgo: Fitbit trackers are not medical devices and the community is not the right place to seek qualified medical advice. If you have reasons to believe you may have some kind of heart condition, it would be best to see a doctor. I personally believe even if you feel you have a perfectly healthy heart, it’s a good idea to have a full check-up (complete with stress test on ergometer, echocardiography etc.) conducted at least once in your adult life. I did that five years ago (prior to my Fitbit time) and I’m glad I did it. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Hey, I'm not seeking medical advice. I've had a medical check up several times and I'm perfectly fine. I just wanted to know if anyone else also has a low RHR. Was just curious!

Best Answer

Yes, I had very low RHR.  The lowest i had was 30 bpm.  I was about 20 years and did about 2 hrs a day exercises and very intensive.  Cycling, weight lifting and running.  And i did had a burnout on weekend after long dancing.  I will never forget that night, had little high temperature, tired and can not sleep :).  It was the first and last burnout i had  :).

I have RHR 49 bpm now and hoping to get it down to low 40s.  I believe RHR 30 bmp is history, age is kicking in  :).

Best Answer

@skylineg35 wrote:

I have RHR 49 bpm now and hoping to get it down to low 40s.  I believe RHR 30 bmp is history, age is kicking in 

You're doing good, @skylineg35!  By the time you reach your mid-70's, you'll be happy with low- to mid-50's for the RHR.  Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Yes, i realize that i can not do very intensive workout as when i was young. And my recovery times are getting longer now.  So definitely, RHR will go up as i get age.  I will be happy for low 40s RHR for now.

Best Answer

@skylineg35 wrote:

Yes, i realize that i can not do very intensive workout as when i was young. 

Now I don’t get it: just because you’re in your 40’s (now that’s old!) and your RHR is in the high 40’s (gee, that’s high!) you already have one foot in the grave and can’t push yourself a little bit? It’s one thing being a professional athlete and having to retire at one point and another being a recreational athlete: if you’re fit and healthy, you can do "intensive" workouts well past your 40’s.

I can run 2700 meters in 12 minutes (Cooper’s test) and I’m in my mid-50’s. You can check on this site where this puts me in terms of cardio fitness, VO2 Max. etc. Oh, and my RHR is around 55 (now, I must be doomed, or what?) and I’m not even specifically training for endurance (my current focus is on resistance training).

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Since i got 46 in short time, i will try 30s.  This has been supersize for me.

My friend who is also trainer says i can do it :).  I told him that, i think, he might be right :).  Wish me luck :).

Screenshot_2017-04-15-11-39-04.png

Best Answer

My RHR is back up to 60 again today. It is frustrating, but due to my anxiety, so I got to roll with it. This time the tracker "informed" me that I have anxiety going on, as I did not register it yet myself. I think that is pretty helpful.

Best Answer

@Esya- my resting heart rate (usually high 50s/low 60s) and has been climbing up to the low 70s.  However, I also see that my sleep is declining (rough work week the last few) and my exercise increasing (insane challenge).  I know in the past that an increasing resting heart rate (into the 90s) was a sign of stress and illness, so now I use it as a general diagnostic tool.

A little more sleep, a little more food, and it's already down 5 points, so this is good.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@Esya: the normal range for RHR is 60 to 80, so yours is perfectly normal. Therefore I wouldn’t stress over it. Having an ultra-low RHR isn’t necessarily a blessing, as people may need an artificial pacemaker at some point. There are other health indicators that are more important IMO, like maintaining a healthy weight for your height, having a normal blood pressure, a good bloodwork etc.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@A_Lurker@Dominique

Thanks for the replies. My normal resting heart rate is low 50's. I am not so sure if I feel frustrated with the higher RHR so much when it spikes or with the fact it is due to anxiety. It might be the second. I will have to find out and see how I can change that. Anyways, your replies took some of the frustration away, thanks for that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like others said you are fine.  Restring heart rate depends many things.  From sleeping to life style, luck and so on.

Those our who has healthy low resting heart rate (RHR), usually has to workout very intensive and person's body system usually needs to be well design (i call it lucky).  Such as heart muscles, veins size  and so on.

I do want to say that, i have been eating healthy for a long time (since teenage years) and i tried very hard to not put,smoke or drink anything that is not healthy for my body.  I also kept exercise-sports almost all my life.  As I am getting older it is paying off. So maybe younger generation can read my post and get benefit from it.

The only reason i am trying to get my RHR to 30s is because i had it before and i have a chance to get it back (may be 🙂 ).  It will require very very intensive work out and many tricks to get it very low RHR.  I like challenge and it is very exciting to see RHR number going down for me.  

Take care and good luck. 

Best Answer

Mine averages in the upper 70s to low 80s. But then I'm a newbie to fitness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get it down, just keep at it, you will get better.  Reduce body fat also helps too.  Even healthy 60s is good. Of course 50s consider excellent for fitness. 

good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes