Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate 43 - 46 bpm

What's everyone else's rhr? Sometimes i think i should be in a coma, that's how low mine gets. 

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Human bodies differ, not every one falls under what’s considered the norm. I’m laying down writing this and my heart rate is 45. It’s always been on the low side. Like my dad’s. So don’t be alarmed. 

Best Answer

How does the tracker inform you? Is there a setting for that? Just curious because I’ve struggled with anxiety. Hope you’re feeling better !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks but now I am in a recovery phase and learned how to cope up with that. I take daily readings of my heart rate especially in the night time when I'm about to sleep. The lowest heart rate I have recorded was 39 bpm but I didn't have any symptoms at that time like shortness of breath, chest pain etc. But i got scared to see 39 bpm. I hope nothing is serious with you too and it's just your anxiety. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to have a Fitbit that reads heart rate

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My heat rate with the fitbit I have seen go as low as 43 at work while sitting in office chair its normally in low 50s to upper 40s I am 43 and considered obese with a bmi of 30.7 and no I do not feel dizzy or shortness of breath or any of those other symptoms my doctor wasnt worried so I am not

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also do not workout regularly like I should so I am far from an athlete

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now the time is 10:40 PM. My heart rate is 44. Today I exercised for 45 minutes and 15 seconds. Average heart rate 136 bpm. Calories burned 458 kcal. Maximum heart rate touched 154. For a 64 year old mail I can reach 100% of maximum heart rate easily. But it takes time and lot of effort. On Dec. 2, 2017 I reached a maximum heart rate of 164. I could maintain maximum heart of more than 100% of maximum if I used 220-age formula for more than 10 minutes. Which means my maximum heart rate is closer to 170. In my treadmill stress test I touched 14.8 METS. I have above average capacity exercise capacity for age. My doctor said she is proud of me. I do intense exercise only four times a week. My body needs to recover. My cholesterol is very good. Total 154. HDL 45. Tri-glyceride 89 and LDL 91. My Fasting Glucose went up to 114. But A1c is still 6.0. My fasting glucose went to 112 eight years ago. My doctor said I am pre-diabetic. I brought it below 89. Below 90. This time in three months I will bring it below 100 and in six months bring it below 90. I just stopped eating cookies and chocolates. Raja

Best Answer

I have similar conditions as yours.  I am little younger then you.

I also consider myself pre-diabetic.  Many people in my family-relatives have diabetes.  

My glucose 86, average glucose 119,  A1c 5.7.  

I have been eating like i have-had diabetes for 40 years.  I am able to keep blood sugar level with in the limits with exercise and healthy eating. 

I may suggest one thing with your maximum heart rate.  If you like to know your true heart rate (specially intensive and maximum) you should use chest heart rate sensor.  I am planning to buy a polar h10 in near future.  Below chart shows the difference of sensor monitors.  Wrist sensors need few seconds to get heart rate (sensor is far from heart).  So will always smooth out the intensive-sudden heart rate readings as much as 10 bps or more faulty reading.  Keep up the healthy living and good luck to you.

compresion with chest strap.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife used to go to gym with me when we both went on treadmill I used to say your not doing enough as her heart rate never got over 70 bpm when mine was 140 to 170 she was out of breath and tired so she went to doctors he said everything ok still not feeling good she went to see cardiologist who after several tests told her she had iregular heart beat and his still under investigation her resting heart rate is 45 and lower you should always get this checked

Best Answer
0 Votes

My resting HR is anywhere between 46 and 51. Sometimes I worry that I may pass out but I work out hard and my heart recovery from vigorous workouts is pretty fast so its been my normal ever since I started tracking it three years ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. These fools pontificating about wanting to get to the 30 RHR, acting like they’re Doctors. That’s very dangerous and stupid. 

I have low RHR and a heart condition which is more likely than a bunch of amateur athletes being at 30 RHR in their 60’s! Don’t be ridiculous! 

OP go back to the doctor because very often women’s symptoms are dismissed. Better safe than sorry. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been almost 2 years since i tried to reduce my RHR.  I only got to drop 3 bpm by doing some intensive exercises such as biking.  I do not expect to go down further.  I lost about 8 bpm for resting and my maximum bpm is down due to age.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Better get that RHR down in the 40s!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does it inform you about anxiety? I have anxiety as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm 40, my rhr is 46 ... It says very good to excellent on the futbit app, for my age.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get to that point?

Is there something long term you worked on to get to that point?

My average is about 61, I really would like to go down to 50's. My body fat flunctuate between 21 and 24%, I really would love to get that down to 10 or 15%.

Definitely looking for ways to reach these goals better.

Props to you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what my fitbit shows.  Avg is 46 to 45.  I am 52 year old female.  Problem is I am beginning to suffer the dizzy confused feeling usually in the morning.  Not happy about that.  BP is 90/60 so that maybe a contributing factor.  

You are in awesome shape!!!  Terrific job.  I know the hardwork it takes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I exercised for 5 hours a day and had a 4000 calorie deficit each day, it was not the smartest or most healthy thing to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You certainly make a good point.  I am a little over the top myself.  Usually get about 3 hrs in per day.  I like to keep my weight down and my fitness level high.  However, as you say, not exactly the most healthy lifestyle.  I am a small person so having a low bp and hr isn't a surprise.  Just wish it would not cause the dizzy confused feeling.

Keep up the hard work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe the reason my HR went so low is because as I was losing all my weight 200Lbs a large percentage of loss was muscle, and our heart is a large muscle.
Now that I eat and exercise a little more normal my heart rate never gets below 49bpm while sleeping and it is still great but not dangerously at 40bpm anymore.
Best Answer
0 Votes